“Spa Day” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 4 Attractions in Stotfold
More attraction details
Owner description: In a world increasingly cluttered with noise and stress, stepping into one of our spas where men and women can completely relax and unwind provides the perfect antidote to modern day life. There is no simpler way to treat yourself than at The Bannatyne Spa. Our spacious therapy rooms provide a calm and relaxing environment in which to completely unwind, you can enjoy a choice of a wide range of treatments including; massages, facials, manicures and more. Set within our state of the art Bannatyne Health Clubs, the Spa is just one area dedicated to your wellbeing.
“Spa Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I booked a Spa day for my wife's birthday on a Saturday. We used all the facilities which were excellent. For a Saturday it wasn't too crowded and no waiting around to use the gym equipment. The pool, saunas, steam rooms were fairly empty and quiet which was nice to relax in.

The Swedish massage was very good, the young girl was very firm and managed to find all the knots in my back. However it lasted 25mins instead of 40 as stated when booking the day. The scalp massage was poor and felt like she didn't want to do it and rushed through it, leaving the back of my head and mainly rubbing the top and sides.

When walking back through reception to the changing rooms I caught 2 staff members behind the counter hitting each other with used wet towels. Not professional at all!

If the scalp massage was better, and the Swedish massage lasted 40mins then it would if been a perfect day.

We were given a booklet on the products used and sold there, and no pushy sales at all from staff which was nice.

Cambridgeshire
“Good but could have been much better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My long time friend took me for a spa day for my birthday. Had a nice relaxing day but what should have been the highlight - the massage - was pretty awful! I didn't want to complain at the time as my friend had treated me but I am currently hanging on the phone - ages later - to do so. I can only describe the massage as painful and not a pleasurable experience at all. My friend did not have the same experience and I didn't want to spoil it for her. Pretty sure I got the very inexperienced therapist, shame as the place is lovely and as it was a Monday not too busy.

Visited February 2014
Duxford, United Kingdom
“Poor massage and facial”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Its a good place with lots of potential but unfortunately poor massage / facial by the staff. No consultation regarding the treatments except for the health forms you need to fill beforehand. The woman who had done my facial and scalp massage seemed like she couldn't be bothered and just ran her fingers on my scalp for a few minutes and dabbed some stuff on my face. On the other hand hubby had a good Swedish massage by Asha. Seriously they need to get some experienced staff who are keen to do a good job. Not going there again.

Visited December 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Tacky Hen Parties”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place used to be a lovely relaxing experience, marketed at a more discerning market. If you come on a weekend, be prepared for several groups of women on Hen Parties.

Whilst I'm not against anyone enjoying themselves, there's a time and a place. Large groups of women are regularly booked in on the same day and last Saturday there must have been upwards of 40 of them, all trying to reserve one of the (8) loungers by the pool, then crowding into the jacuzzi and hogging the facilities. This is on top of the regular (paying) members of the club. Piles of dirty towels stacked in the changing room and no staff to tidy up.

Pure greed on the part of Bannatyne's for allowing the bookings which they now seem to, every weekend.

Hertford, United Kingdom
“Very upsetting and stressful day”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

What should have been a lovely relaxing day for my Mum and I, turned in to an absolute nightmare! Rude staff, unorganised chaos and the main Receptionist spoke to my Mum so horrendously she broke down in tears! The ONLY positives were the 55 minute massages by Chloe and Asha and the very attentive restaurant staff (the restaurant is independent to Bannatynes). Would never return and this is a real shame as it's a beautiful place with great potential if it were to be run properly.