This hotel and the city of Brunnen rest on laurels acquired in 1291: the founding of Switzerland on the nearby Rütli-Meadows. It seems that ever since, nothing was added for the tourist. ALL the hotels in town are old, 60s style, rather run-down places. This is also true for the Waldstätterhof. The furniture is old. The ambiance is rather conference style. The gastronomy lacks any concept. The service is mediocre. The garden features some strange sculptures instead of a nice flora. The outside bathing area is a joke. The price level rather not, especially at current exchange rates (€ 240+). It doesn't help that George W. Bush stayed there for whatever celebration. Better go upshore to Lucerne (not fantastic either) or directly to Zurich. The only positive about this hotel is that it makes for a nice picture if you are further uphill. Sorry, no mercy, if tourists are exploited with such a bad product.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waldstatterhof occupies a captivating and awe-inspiring location on the cusp between Lake Lucerne and Lake Uri, surrounded by a beautiful private park and with views of the Alps of Canton Uri. Situated within sight of the historic Rutli Meadow, this place awakens memories of the Swiss Confederation's Genesis back in the mists of time, interwoven with myths and legends. This is a place that's imbued with energy in the midst of an archaic, natural spectacle encompassing mountains, cliffs, water and wind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Seehotel Waldstaetterhof Brunnen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seehotel Waldstatterhof Brunnen Hotel Brunnen
- Seehotel Waldstatterhof Hotel Brunnen