“Lovely venue” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Orsett, United Kingdom
“Lovely venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Has a lovely atmosphere, we had a wedding at short notice and the staff were very helpful, the meal was lovely and the rooms very comfy able to sit in ease and there was not rush to vacate , lovely grounds for photos, all in all lovely place

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

United Kingdom
“Ladies that have afternoon tea!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

My friend took me to the Garden Restaurant for afternoon tea as a birthday treat.
The restaurant was gorgeous, beautiful furniture and lovely crystal chandeliers. The waitresses were very attentive, as soon as we were seated, we were asked what type of tea we would like. I went for the peppermint, and my friend had English Breakfast tea.
Our food was bought out promptly, and the waitress ran through what was on each tier. My friend is a vegetarian, and so the waitress advised her that she didn't have any salmon sandwiches on her side of the plate, but that she had, HAM & mustard (!!!!) - we didn't make a fuss about this mistake as I traded one of my sandwiches for her ham & mustard, and had a little giggle to ourselves!
We had lovely warm scones, with clotted cream & jam, strawberries, a cream horn & mini macaroons. Then came small fruit tarts, chocolate cup cakes and the most beautiful carrot cake that I've ever tasted.
We were there just over an hour and a half, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Would definitely go back again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Andrea I, Public Relations Manager at The Garden Restaurant at Orsett Hall, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We do apologise about the offer of a ham sandwich which we are sure was a little oversight on out part. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again very soon.
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Fabolicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Went to the Garden restuarant just on the off chance, after recently going there for afternoon tea once, which was also fab.
Couldn't fault the food at all, warm bread and butter, followed by an amuse bouche. Starter of crab for my husband and essex pork for myself, which was
excellent, then risotto and dingley dale, followed by the rhubarb taster for dessert all spot on.
Service was fab, didn't feel rushed, only thing is that it seemed a bit too bright in there.
Well worth a try, we would definatly go back. Been to most restaurants in the south essex area and this is one at the top.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review as customer feedback is very important to us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit and hope to see you again very soon.
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Birthday Lunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was a birthday lunch for my Mother in Law. It started poorly and just got worse. Had my wife not wanted to cause any problems as it was a treat paid for by my Father in law I would have told them what I thought !

Firstly, they charge £2 for a half of lemonade (so £4 a pint then ? ....more expensive than beer)

My wife ordered Thai chicken curry ...this consisted of three small pieces of chicken only ! and overall was a very tiny portion.

I had a Steak and Ale pie which was about the poorest Steak and Ale Pie I have had recently. Very dry and very little of it.

Service was extremely slow ...and effectively very poor (we recently went to the Babylon roof garden restauraunt in High Street Kensington and the service was excellent....water and wine topped up without needing to ask...fabulous place and food).back to Orsett Hall.....in fact I poured our wine and water....because no one else was going to do it.

We asked for mustard, etc with our meal.....we were half finished before it arrived ....and in fact someone else was served first by our waitress before it eventually arrived.

To be fair to them, my wife did mention the chicken , they apologised and we were offered some drinks (nothing else) as we were leaving, which I also think was poor

The gardens at orsett Hall are lovely and I think the venue majors on Weddings. I dont recommend the Garden Rerstauraunt !!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We have noted your comments and would assure you that we always try and resolve any issues before you leave us. I am sorry that on this occasion you were unhappy but as you can see, we do receive many positive reviews.
South Ockendon
“Absolutely fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The food was excellent and the service was out of this world

The restaurant manager was brilliant, advised us on our food and his service was exceptional

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again very soon.