“Surfing in famara” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Do use our website please to find out more about the school and contact details. There you will find out about the course that suits you and all our price structure.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Surfing in famara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Great coaches and surf. Thank you to Nicole, Olli, Jamie and Tim. Time for some practise at home now....

Visited April 2014
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hope we see you again some time but do stay in touch with any surf related questions of course. Thanks again.

• Polish first
“FANTASTIC week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We have taken courses at a good many surf schools over the past two years but none as professional and well-organized as Tim's. I can't believe how much we've improved! Nicole's exceptional teaching had us progressing from merely 'catching waves' to 'dropping a green wave and making a correct bottom turn' in just three days. As a teacher myself I appreciate how hard it is to take your students where you want them to go. You have to really know your stuff AND be super-dedicated, and that is exactly what we experienced from the coaches at Surf School Lanzarote. Thanks, thanks, thanks - we had a fantastic week surfing thanks to you guys!

Visited April 2014
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Hi .. some how we missed coming back to your review but its such a great one ! Thanks so much and hope to see you again soon. Keep surfing !!
Dublin, Ireland
“Patrick Hamill - Thanks Surf School Lanzerote !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

HI just wanted to put in this review to say thanks to all the Guys at the Surf School in Famara. It was my first time trying to surf and i am hooked ! It's such a Buzz when you find your feet!

This was my first Solo trip and it was excellent, everyone was so welcoming. You get great coaching from Tim, Nicole, Jamie, Dan and Ollie. But it is not just about Surfing. Safety, wave formation, history, where to surf and even how to buy a wetsuit is explained. Its a total package.

In the five days i felt my fitness and flexibility impoved, and alot of people have even said i have lost wieght. I am already trying to figure out when i can get out to Lahinch!

I would highly recomed this to anyone, Solo travellers or couples and Families. Famara is a lovely village with pubs and restaurants and i think i wil stay there when i go back. This is simply a Fantastic course. Thanks Guys.

Visited April 2014
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Brilliant , thanks and hope the training stuff we sent works well and we see you soon. Thanks from all of us.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Want to do again and again and again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I came on holiday with my mum to famara and this surfing course was a brilliant thing to do together. This was our first time surfing properly and all the coaches (Jamie, Tim and Nicole) were really helpful in teaching us the basics of surfing. They became more like friends than teachers in the end. :) I had an amazing time thank you guys.

Visited April 2014
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thanks for that and its a great thing to learn with your Mum . Surfing is such a lovely thing to share with your family too. My Mum's last surf with me was when she was 78 ! So you have got a lot of fun times to share together in the future and friends like our team to do it with too. Thanks both and see you again.
London, United Kingdom
“Inspirational!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

After a long break from surfing, I decided that the best way to get back into it would be a course with Tim's school. My last course here was 7 years ago; it was great then so I had high expectations, and Tim and co didn't disappoint.
Great instructors (thanks Tim, Nicole, Dan and Jamie) who really take the time and effort to help you improve no matter what level you're at. I've been to other surf camps but I've never come across a team that are so helpful and that drive you to improve.
A sure sign they're getting it right is the number of return visitors, there were 3 of us on the course who'd been at least twice before and who have already planned another return trip. Also, if you're going for the surf, stay in Famara.
Thanks again guys!

Visited April 2014
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thanks so much for that and it was really great to have you back and to see you get the thrill back from your time in the water. Keep in contact like you did with the email the other day please and see you again soon we hope.