“Wonderful Surf School Lanzerote” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Do use our website please to find out more about the school and contact details. There you will find out about the course that suits you and all our price structure.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Surf School Lanzerote”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Being coached by Surf School Lanzerote is such a great thing to do!
With practically no previous surfing experience the instructors had me standing on my board by mid-morning on the first day!
The professional and fun instructors gave talks every day on safety, rip tides, types of waves, wave formation, riding unbroken waves, surfing etiquette, types of boards, wet suits etc.
They ensure that you are safe in the water and watch and guide you.
They also cater for all levels; my friend, who was terrified of the sea decided to book a day, they ensured she was safe and had her almost standing up on her board by the end of the day, she thoroughly enjoyed it and has begun overcoming her fear.
This small and friendly surf school had me paddling out back and riding unbroken waves by the end of my five day course - worth every penny. I loved it!!
Can't wait until I can go back and see them again!
Thank you Tim, Dan, Jake and Gillian!
Anna

Visited March 2013
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hi Anna.

Thats a lovely review on this site.. thanks. Please do keep in touch about any further related surf stuff and we do hope to see you again one day. Thanks again Anna , say hi to your pals and all the best.
Tim.

• Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic surf school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I cannot rate Surf School Lanzarote highly enough - I have never in the past returned to a holiday destination but after experiencing a five day course in Famara with Tim, Dan and Jake in 2012, we were back in 2013 and we're planning on returning next year! The coaching is personalised and the passion and enthusiasm for the sport is infectious. They take safety seriously and are happy to share all their (extensive) knowledge and expertise. We stayed in Famara (five minutes from the beach where we surfed) and accommodation was organised by the surf school and it was FANTASTIC. Great views and a balcony to relax on after a hard day's battling with the sea. The teaching and coaching is tailored so well that I would recommend this course for anyone - from a complete beginner to an experienced surfer. There really is something for everyone. Also, I love how they are still willing to provide advice via email when the holiday is over! Go and make new friends and discover an amazing sport!

Visited April 2013
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Hi Sophie. Thats a lovely review , thanks and all that stuff helps loads so thank you ! x 's to all cept a manly hug to Matt !
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Another amazing trip!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have just returned from another amazing trip to Surf School Lanzarote. I have been coached by Tim and the team since 2008 and the standard of coaching is always of the highest standard. The coaching is constantly updated with each new advance in surf and sports science.

The teams enthusiasm for surfing cannot help but rub off on to the students.

The school is based in the village of Caleta de Famara away from the tourist hubs on the east coast of the island and is a refreshing change from the normal mass market holiday destinations.

The coaching does not end once you return to the UK. Tim and the team are more than happy to provide advice and support via email or the schools Facebook page. I keep in touch with Tim and own a board which he kindly designed for me based on my surfing style and ability.

I give my whole hearted recommendation for anyone wanting to learn to surf or advance their surfing to visit Surf School Lanzarote.

Visited April 2013
Hi Phil. Thanks for that and those reviews really help loads. Hope you get to get in the water more soon and Gillian said you were thinking of getting over on your own some day. That would be great and well deserved. Keep in touch and speak soon. Thanks again.
Co Mayo
4 attraction reviews
“Fun and educational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Husband and son Jack spent 3 days with Tim and Jake and enjoyed every moment. Tim is a mine of information and has coached many surfing champions over the years but most impressive of all is the way that himself and Jake can pass on all their knowledge and expertise. Anyone who can get my husband up on a board must be a genius and that he did! If you are a beginner or expert you will not find better instructors. Very enjoyable and will defintely return. Stayed in Puerto del Carmen but next time will stay in Famara for a few days as it is very laid back and has lovely restaurants and views.

Visited March 2013
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hi . Thanks for that review and they really do help us. I hope you get in touch about any surf related stuff for Jack and Terence in the future and hope to see you here again one day
Kongsberg, Norway
“Passion rediscovered.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have just completed a 5 day course with Tim and Jake as our instructors at Surf School Lanzarote. Although our apartment was in Puerto del Carmen we were picked up on time every morning and driven north to the stunning beach at Famara around 25 minutes away where the school is located. During the week as we "the group" got to know Tim and Jake a little better the coaching became more personal and I was really impressed by the way they motivated me to challenge myself to take the next step and get the most out of the course. At the end of the 5 days I have returned home with a new goal and equiped with the tools to progress, but most importantly a rediscovered passion for surfing. Highly reccomended!

Visited March 2013
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thats a lovely review James . Say Hi to Hedda and thanks so much for that .