“Great value , excellent food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
home
“Great value , excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We ate here at the recommendation of a woman we met at the wine shop on the main street. She is Italian and swore by this place; she was 2100% correct. We had excellent pasta and veal and the pizzas being served around us looked great as did the salads. Everything was fresh and homemade.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Slowest service ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Waited for menus, waited for order to taken, waited for drinks, waited over 30 mins for two pizzas. No service check, had to asked twice for bill .... Food ok: but not worth the 90 minutes.... Yes: 90 minutes....

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bloomington, Indiana
“Good Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My family loves German food, but we also love German Italian food. There's a reason why "Pizzaessen" is a big deal in Germany. Most Italian restaurants are much more authentic than in the U.S. Alla Fontana did not disappoint. In German fashion, we had our own pizzas, which were fresh and excellent.

It seemed fairly common to need reservations at this restaurant, but we were able to walk in after the lunch rush. However, service was a little slow. Only one woman seemed to be working the front, and she had to clear several tables before she got around to even giving us menus.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Germany
“Best Italian I've had in Germany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stopped in here for lunch after the Rhine cruise from Bingen. This was recommended by Rick Steves and Italian sounded good. We were not disappointed. My husband had tortellini and I had penne with smoked salmon in a cream sauce. YUM! Good thing this restaurant isn't just around the corner from us or I might be here a little too often : )

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario
“not very welcoming”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I went here solo one night on our host's recommendation. I was not impressed. The place is small. The service is very cold and very slow. I was asked if people could join me. It was awkward, but what could I say? It wasn't terrible, but awkward. The food wasn't good enough to negate my poor opinion. Pizzeria Corazon on the main street is cheaper, better and the staff is nice!

Visited October 2012