“First class hotel - Rheinfels Sankt Goar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rheinfels

You added Hotel Rheinfels to your Saves list
Hotel Rheinfels
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Heeerstrasse 69, 56329 Sankt Goar, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany   |
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Sankt Goar
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hertford, United Kingdom
“First class hotel - Rheinfels Sankt Goar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed in the Rheinfels Hotel for only one night in May 2013 - would have happily stayed longer. The hotel is situated on the river directly opposite the KD Rhine river boat stop and a 2 minute walk from the ferry stop which runs across the river the Sankt Goarhausen. The family running the hotel are both friendly and helpful and speak good english. The hotel is very well maintaned, our room overlooked the river with views to Sankt Goarhausen and the castle above. It was light and airey. The bed was very comfortable and the furniture in the room was very nice. The bathroom was spacious and both room and bathroom were spotless. Breakfast was not mentioned when I booked the hotel online but in fact the hotel do a very good breakfast - especially the scrambled eggs - they were delicious! The little (quiet) town of Sankt Goar with good restaurants is just along from the hotel. There is a tourist road train running up to Rheinfels castle (or you can wak if you feel energetic. The trainline runs along the other side of the town so the hotel does not suffer the noise of the trains during the night.

Room Tip: rooms to the front get a little noice from passing cars but the view is worth it
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Wyong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Asked for a room with a view of Castle Katz and got a very lovely room, good location close to railway, lovely little town. Didn't try the restaurant but it was pretty full the night we were there so that tells a story.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in April, I decided to "treat" myself to a a room with a direct panoramic view of Rhine and Castle Katz all for a very reasonable price and I was not disappointed as the view from my room was magical.

I arrived at the hotel very early the day of my check-in hoping to just drop off my bags but the owner advised my room was ready and I could leave it in there which was awesome, he also gave me some excellent advice about what to do with my time there and went down to Rüdesheim by train and got the boat back on his recommendation.

The room was small, but for one person I didn't need any bigger, bathroom was good as well and I slept really well here.

Breakfast in the morning was plentiful and yummy, with the most breathtaking view. I also had access to wifi in the price of my booking.

I would recommend anyone to stay at this hotel, great value for money and wonderful location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Coimbatore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great location - facing Rhine. Within walking distance from the station. We had a spacious room with on the second floor with a fantastic view. Free Wi-Fi. Sikandar, the hotel owner was very hospitable and helpful. Infact, he generously packed us a hearty breakfast as we had a early morning train to Munich. The only negative point was the lack of an elevator; but it didn't bother us. We had a great holiday in Sankt Goar and a pleasurable stay here in this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room with a balcony- with a view of the river Rhine
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We traveled to St.Goar with my wife, son and daughter in law for 2 nights. We were upgraded to a suite for no additional money. It was nice to have such a large room after coming from Paris where we had a small room.
I had booked rooms with a view of the river and it is well worth it. We were greeted by the owner a gentleman from India. He was great!
Breakfast was good and loved the Indian scrambled eggs...a must have.
We enjoyed the views and watching the action of the Rhine.
We will go back again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Singapore River, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We (2 couples) stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and must say that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The location is excellent, just a stone throw from the railway station and opposite the KD Cruise terminal. It is a very clean hotel, well maintained and the management, very hospitable. The room is of good size and there is free wi-fi. Our rooms face the Rhein River and we have a very scenic view of the other side (across the river) of St. Goar. Breakfast spread is good and plentiful. I would recommend this hotel to those going there. Very reasonably priced too.
Hock Chuan
Singapore.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

An excellent hotel amongst the beauty of the Rhine River. Alexander was a superb host with great advice of the area. Easy parking. Great restaurant right next door for dinner. Nice breakfast at the Rheinfel ech morning. Very clean room although would appreciate a bar of soap. Loved St Goar, Loved the Rhine river, loved staying tbthe Rheinfel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Rheinfels? Share your experiences!