I've always been fascinated by the legend of Loreley. Went there for a weekend getaway. The 2 night / 3 day package we bought from a third party vacation agency. But most terms are pretty standard. Boppard is a nice location if not much bigger village than the village of Loreley or St. Goar (opposite of Loreley), if you are going for Loreley, staying in Boppard would be a nice choice. You can take a cruise for 15 euros/person along the Rhein down to Loreley and back. But we opted for the train which costed 6.50/person for a daily ticket and that's between Boppard and St. Goar. From St. Goar, there is a cross-river ferry for 3 euros/person round trip to take you to and back from Loreley. You can walk to the rock and the Island with her statue. Was in general a pleasant one day excursion. If you are in to hiking, then you can be there for days and hike the multitude of trials on both sides of the river. Here are some pros and cons of Ebertor
1. nice location: right on the river
2. clean and comfortable: not that everything's brand new in the rooms, but it was kept spotless, which is what you can expect in most accommodations in Germany. the beds are simple yet comfortable. Heater works like magic and the room gets warm very quickly.
3. Good breakfast: our package came with breakfast. It is a buffet and provided good variety from fresh fruits to meat and cheese. You can definitely get a good start of the day there.
1. Not all services was available: our package included use of Spa and Sauna, we were told by reception that it was not open on the weekend, AND that a group of 10 had booked it already. The hours are really not that great, it opens about 3-4 days a week with VERY limited hours. So if you want to enjoy the spa, better check with the hotel before you arrive to avoid disappointment.
2. Our package stated check-out time being 3pm, but the reception called and informed us that normal check out time is 11am. they were ok with us staying a bit longer after I told them what I thought it was. But still, it wasn't a pleasant feeling.
all in all, don't expect full service and double check for availability of services before you go there. We went in the low season, I can't speculate how high season would be. Many tour groups go there and they host conference and weddings. So definitely beware of issues related to limited capacity.
Rooms are pretty standard, we were put to the new wing with our window facing the front entrance par...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.