“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Bellevue Rheinhotel

You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Bellevue Rheinhotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Bellevue Rheinhotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Rheinallee 41/42, 56154 Boppard, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany   |
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 30%
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Boppard
Braintree, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I booked this hotel to attend the wine festival on Boppard, in order to stay the three nights I needed for the festival I had to book a minimum of four. I was provided with tea & coffee making facilities only after I made a specific request; this was never refreshed throughout my entire stay,though the clean cup was left for me. Despite several signs advertising it, there is no wifi available without buying a voucher. My final bill included a charge for breakfast every day despite my having booked 'room only' and made it clear on checking in that I did not require breakfast. This is a 'best Western Premier' ; the only thing 'premier' about the hotel appears to be the pricing and restrictive booking conditions.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bellevue_Rheinhotel, Geschäftsführer at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Bellevue Rheinhotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Adrian H,

Thank you very much for getting back to us.

We would like to take the opportunity to clarify some issues you stated on Tripadvisor.
First of all let us apologize for the housekeeping department for not cleaning and refreshing your tea/coffee-making facilities. Please be assured that if you would have told us in the first place, we would have done so immoderately.

Secondly our staff at the front desk is trained to ask each and every person if they would like to have breakfast. This is a standard procedure while Check-in as well as the offer of our free WIFI-Codes. We do issue free codes upon arrival and beyond free of charge. Those codes expire automatically after 12 hours to prevent a misuse.

Lastly we would like to inform you that the wine-festival season is a highly requested period. As a private hotel we have to also fulfill our economic responsibility in respect to our stakeholders and therefore have to assure a high occupancy. Please compare our rates to other destinations (also in your country) and you will see that those are still on a moderate level. We do not charge an extra fee compared to other properties at comparative events nor do we double the rates like others for trade fairs.

We hope we could clarify some items and look forward to welcoming you again in Boppard.

Yours sincerely,

Marek Gawel
Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This grand hotel, dating from 1887, has a great location on the Rhine just 10 minutes walk from the railway station. My room was spacious and well-appointed and had a lovely view across the river. It is as well to be aware that the hotel is extensively used by touring groups, some of them quite large, and the normally sedate atmosphere can turn a bit boisterous at times.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Frome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Having booked a double bed room with a view of the Rhine, I was initially not happy to find two singles with a view of an alley - a very noisy alley at that! Previous guests had taped up the only air vent in the double glazed window to keep out the noise, making the room uncomfortably hot at night. But after five days at the splendid wine festival I forgave them, the rest of the facilities were excellent, although the breakfast at around £10 per person was on the high side. Avoid room 322 if you are booking. The hotel is a few yards from the town centre, railway station and the boat trips, and the staff were pleasant and helpful. Booking through HRS cost us around £110 per night which is good for a superior hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the side of the hotel overlooking a noisy side street
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We took the KD river boat to get to Boppard and the hotel is literally steps away from the KD dock. Very nice room and a pleasant stay, though weather starting turning warm and we needed to request a fan for the room - which did the trick. Staff very pleasant. The hotel was very convenient to the train as well - only a 5 minute walk. Boppard was one of the nicer towns we visited in Germany - they have one of the better developed walkways along the Rhein. Also, good restaurants all around. Note: I was concerned about boat and train noise from the reading I did beforehand, but did not have any problems - we we on the city side.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Boppard is a beautiful and quant village on the Rhein. A UNESCO work heritage site there is beauty everywhere you look. I had business in Koblanz but because of a reservation problem had to stay 1/2 hour drive away in Boppard. This was a lucky change in plans. The Best Western has been a hotel more than 125 years. The hotel is charming in rich old world style. Rooms are modern and spotless. Staff were all friendly, helpful and willing to meet any request, especially Patrick in the dining room. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and a wide selection. Dinner was elegant but relaxed. The regular menu is supplemented with daily specials so if you are staying several days you have variety. Rooms on the river side can be noisy if you leave the windows open. Watching the activity on the river is fascinating. We took a boat to Koblanz one day and the scenery was beautiful. Castles and beautiful villages. I would love to return for a holiday.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a shower but no tub. Most rooms have a balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Oxford, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I guess if yoiu return to an hotel, that means it must be good. To be fair when I was at the Bellevue Rheinhotel last year with my wife there had been an issue with a certain member of staff not being fully on board with the customer service ethic but, to be frank, that can be an issue all over Germany. Nevertheless, the other aspects of the hotel were good enough for me to select it as a stopover on my way back from the recent Frankfurt motor show. One issue was immediately apparent in that the following day featured a market along the river bank in front of the hotel so no parking. I had to park in the town and carry my luggage back through the streets in the rain so that was a less than perfect start. I had booked a single room with a Rhine view - it was a bit small and only a shower but it had its own balcony and was good value. I got the six-hour internet voucher and my smart phone connected easily - we had problems on our last stay so there have been some improvements there. Evening meal of four courses was fine with a choice for the main course (basically meat or fish) and the staff seemed to cope well with the large contingent of Chinese tourists staying there. The waiter advised me on the wine with a local selection that was very nice. Breakfast was great - our adversary from last year was there but kept her distance (maybe she recognised me or had received some counselling?). Beds and pillows a little soft to British tastes but typical of other hotels in Germany and I slept well. There is indeed a busy railway line the other side of the river and the barges go up and down all night but this can either be annoying or atmospheric depending on your outlook - I went for the atmosphere and slept with the balcony door ajar. All in all a pleasant stay but I would check to see if you're staying on market day if you don't want the exercise of carrying your bag through the town! Normally there is parking outside the hotel under the trees but the payment kicks in at 8:00 so you will have to be up early to feed the meter. Would I return again? Probably!

Room Tip: Both the rooms I've stayed in at the front have been good. You will hear some rail/river traffic...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a large room against the river Rhein. Two small balcony's with a view of the Rhein. Nice and rather large room. No air condition in the rooms, but this was in early September so no problem with that. If you leave the windows open during the night the noise from the railway on the other side of Rhein is disturbing. The Hotel has a very nice riverside cafe which I recommend.

Room Tip: If you stay in the Hotel when the temperature is modest the rooms facing the Rhein are the best.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Bellevue Rheinhotel? Share your experiences!