“Decent hotel - nothing special” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Steinsgarten

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Steinsgarten to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Steinsgarten
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hein Heckroth Strasse 20, 35390 Giessen, Hesse, Germany   |
Offers & Announcements
BREAKFAST INCLUDED!
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Giessen
Germany
“Decent hotel - nothing special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel for one night - the size of the (single) room was decent, and it offered everything that you would expect from a hotel of this type. There is a small safe, a mini-bar (with reasonable prices), of course a TV and quite a bit of reading material about Giessen and the area in the room. The bathroom was fully equipped with toiletries, a hairdryer and the like.
Breakfast was fine - with fresh ingredients and plenty of choice. The only drawback is the usual German-style filter coffee - an espresso-machine-based version would be much preferable.
There is free internet, but the connection didn't seem to be particularly fast. There's also free parking right next to the hotel.
On the whole, this hotel is nothing particularly special - but it is above average.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Naples, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I visited the hotel on business.
In July, with 32.5 ° C.
Without air conditioning,
my room had no air conditioning even for a fee.
Certainly clean, but hot, really hot!
I think that Best Wester must learn to accommodate in Germany
Dinner good, but The service buffet type Aurum Hotel, just did not expect.
The waiter forgot to us.
I said everything

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Giessen hotels

California, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I have stayed here a few times now over the last few years and in general, this is a very nice place: The rooms are clean, nice, well-kept, and more spacious than those of many other hotels in Europe; free WLAN is available; there is a pool; the breakfast buffet is very good (!) and I also like it for dinners. There is only one piece of advice I think I should offer to people: ask for a room whose windows face in the direction of the city, i.e. back in the direction of Ludwigsplatz/Kongresshalle. The rooms in other direction have the windows opening up to a street with sometimes noisy traffic AND a frat house (Corps Teutonia). The last time I stayed there over a warm (!) weekend, I had the choice between a closed window and silence or cooler air and a whole evening and the next afternoon full of frat house morons partying, getting drunk, singing, smashing bottles etc. in their garden. I will point this out to them when I leave. Of course, they can't do anything about the traffic and I may be spoilt there, but the frat house is the only thing - but a major thing - that taints this place, otherwise one of my favorite hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room whose windows face in the direction of the city!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

My wife and I are currently staying at the Steinsgarten. We think the hotel is generally great. It is in a nice location, the breakfast buffet is very nice, the hotel seems clean and well maintained. Unfortunately the pool is currently closed for renovations, but we know this happens occasionally. The hotel advertises as being air conditioned. It is - if you want to PAY for it. It is currently quite warm here in Giessen. When my wife and I got in our room it seemed pretty warm. We couldn't figure out how to turn on the air conditioning so we went back down to the front desk. It turns out they wanted 5 Euros per night extra for a remote control to control the air conditioning! They also wanted to charge us for a fan. Wow, I was surprised. But, perhaps this is standard in Europe - we had just not experienced it before. I did complain somewhat vociferously about this to the front desk clerk - to no avail.

Room Tip: If you are traveling in the spring, summer or fall and air conditioning might be important - I would...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Groningen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Visited Giessen on a conference, so didn't have much time to look around or use the hotel facilities. But I was quite happy with the service I received. I arrived late, but check in was quick and friendly. I unfortunately missed room service (which stops at 12:30), but the pleasant bar was open until 1:00. The room was very large (for a single) and well furnished. Check out was again quick and friendly and they called me a taxi which arived in a few minutes.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
where I'm meant to be
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Booked the room only the day before via phone after finding the hotel online, great value.
Staff went out of their way to ensure our comfort in our room with 2 children (11 & 9) , the spa was just what we needed after the drive up from Munich. Easy 15min walk through tree lined suburban streets into the quaint town. Glorious view from our room over the town watching the sun set. The internet hotspot was quick and easy to access, the breakfast buffet wholesome.
We came to Giessen as strangers, to get an idea of where my late father-in-law grew up, we left as fans of the town and the hotel.
Our only regret was that we could not stay longer.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Steinsgarten? Share your experiences!