“Reasonable place for small meetings” 3 of 5 stars
Review of RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt-Airport-West

You added RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt-Airport-West to your Saves list
RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt-Airport-West
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Casteller Strasse 106 | Diedenbergen, 65719 Hofheim am Taunus, Hesse, Germany   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Hofheim am Taunus
Tuusula, Finland
“Reasonable place for small meetings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is so called airport hotel, but only so called. Taxi from airport takes 15 min and price was 33,60€. Same challenge like always with taxis, please check before, if taxi accept credit card. Another challenge, please say clearly the address of the hotel to the taxi driver. Only Ramada Airport is not enough, You can find You totally from wrong place. It happened for me in my last visit in November 2012. Cash payment, taxi driver left me in wrong Ramada and escaped from place! Big hands for Ramada people, they organized transportation to the right Ramada - free of charge!

Location of Ramada Airport West give some possibilities for visitor, what I like. Jogging in slightly hilly small city. Good Italian restaurant in walking distance. Although so called airport hotel, the noice of the flights does not disturb.

For meetings here are standard equipments including WiFi. Bad thing, hotel does not offer free Internet access to the rooms. Not sky high price for that (8,50€), but why to do visitors sad with small things like that.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
jan_klinkert, Manager at RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt-Airport-West, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Kmiettinen,

thank you for your feedback to your stay in our Ramada Hotel and my apologizes that we did not satisfy you totally with your stay.
Your Feedback gives us important information..like that it seems we did not publish that we have a shuttle running since december. Please feel free to use the "call machine for shuttles" at the Airport to request it. And we are really sorry for the confusion with the adress, but we have 4 Ramada hotels in the region, so also a good idea to tell the cab drivers.
We will think about the idea of free Wi-Fi! For the time we are in the planning of solutions for that, let me tell you that each guest has the possibility to use a WiFi-access free of charge for one hour each day in our Hotelbar/Restaurant-Area.
We would be happy to welcome you again soon at our Ramada Hotel

Your Team from the Ramada Hotel Frankfort Airport West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sao Paulo, Sp
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

location is not good if you are expecting an airport hotel, far from everything .The only way to get to a restaurant is walking about 10 minutes to the litle city of Hofheim No restaurants and no continous schuttle to the airport at all.
in fact, I had a very bad experience at check out with a front desk employee Mrs Becker. She refused to book a schuttle to the airport on my check out and was very unpleasant as I insited on it.
I will never stay there again
Rooms are Ok and breakfast buffet was ok

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel is just off the highway. Entrance and lobby need some sprucing up but the rooms are undergoing renovation which made it a pleasant stay. Hotel breakfast buffet is nice. Bar is cosy.
Hotel is just off a series of bike/walking paths but also an easy walk into town.
Taxi to the train station in Hofheim is about 12 Euro.

Diedenbergen has 4 independent restaurants and a pizza shop. Walk from the hotel (cross the street and walk uphill) to the Asien Restaurant for a reasonably priced and good meal. For an amazing meal continue uphill to Ristorante Romano. Family run (we met the owners mother). They specialize in fish. For a starter get the spaghetti served from a wheel of Romano cheese. For dinner the salt covered grouper. More expensive but absolutely worth every Euro. Outstanding!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jan_klinkert, Manager at RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt-Airport-West, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear guest,

I am happy to read that you had a good time in our hotel, even when we are located a little bit outside. Some of our frequent guests like that, far away from all stress from the big city.
Thank you and greetings to Massachusetts
Jan Klinkert and the Team from Ramada Hotel Airport West
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here one night on the 2 days journey form Hungary to the UK. We might would have a better sleep in the car. Staff is friendly, the check in, check out was quick. No problem with the cleaniness ( never move the bed in your hotelroom)
lets see the not soo good points:
The bathroom needs a lick of paint... Small and strange shower.
The first thing we realised they refurbish the hotel, there was a sign at the reception.
They removed the fridge from the room, first we asked the receptionist, if we have to pay for the key of the minibar...
We went out for dinner (Waldgeist XXL is about a mile, the best restaurant ever)
the shock come after, that the room was still boiling hot. We opened the window wild. In the night we opened the curtains to let some air in. So we had to listen to the autoban/motorway all night. We had 10 hours in the car that day, and another 10 ahead on the next day. My boyfriend cannot sleep, he wanted to leave 3am. I used a wet towel as cover to keep me cool.
We happily left before 6am.
Motorway hotel for short stays. I hope they sort out the heating with the refurbishment....
I wouldnt stay here anymore.
Disappointment compare to the other 3star ramada we stayed in Germany... I would take a star off...

Room Tip: roadside rooms noisy, try the carpark side
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Erzsihun,
I am sorry for my late reply to your feedback.
Your comments are absolutely correct and I really have to excuse that you did not get the rest that you expected after a long drive by car at our Ramada Hotel.
Our bathrooms are renovated in 110 rooms so the strange shower tub will disappear and 55 rooms are already refurbished (55 will be done middle of december 12). So our rooms will shine in a new way.
So in case there is a little spark of trust in Ramada I would be happy to give us a second chance
Would be happy to welcome you.

Jan Klinkert and the team of the Ramada Hotel Frankfurt Airport West
Kings Lynn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Have used Ramada hotels a lot and usually am quite happy with them but this one upset me. Having spent 9 hours driving and expecting to drive for at least 5 the next day I was looking foreward to a nice meal and a good nights sleep. NO CHANCE!!!!
Hotel and room were nice and clean, receptionist very efficient. Hotel located ideal for me close to the motorway. First problem occured when we tried to order an evening meal. The Restaraunt was very full and we were directed to sit out on the terrace. When we tried to order Al A Carte, we were told that the only thing available was the "Buffet" selection of foods due to there being a Wedding party at the Hotel and all the chefs were busy. We reluctantly accepted the "Buffet" option at a reduced price. The food was very good but not what we had wanted. To cut a long story short, the "Wedding Party" started at about 2200hrs and didnt stop until 0500Hrs the next morning!!! We had no sleep at all and were both exhausted the next morning. After complaining to the Receptionist the only reply was. "I am sorry! It was the wedding !". In my opinion the Hotel should have told us prior to booking ot not rented out unoccupied rooms to normal travellers .. It was one of the most terrible nights I have ever spent in a Hotel. The Management should be more aware of their regular customers, if not they will lose them. I have no problem with the wedding and do not hold them responsible for this in any way. But the Hotel ought to know better.

Room Tip: Enquire before booking. Ask if there are any parties or weddings booked.!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jan_klinkert, Manager at RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt-Airport-West, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Ostard,

I am very sorry to read about the bad experiences you made in our hotel and thank you for your very honest comments.
There were some issues that are absolutely not in the idea of service that Ramada Hotels or myself want to provide to you and our other guests and for sure your feedback helps to improve our service for our next guests!
Hopefully you can accept my excuse for the impressions you collected at our hotel and the situation of having no alternatives (buffet vs. a la carte, change room to a quieter room) and the reply that the wedding was responsible.
Please believe me that this is not our normal manor.
I hope you did not loose all your trust in Ramada Hotels, please let me know.
best wishes

Jan Klinkert and the Team from the Ramada Hotel Frankfurt Airport West
Warsaw
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

stayed for one night... Hotel still pretty far from Frankfurt airport... In the middle of a field, so no chance to walk and eat anything outside the hotel.... Shuttle bus in the morning to airport does not run very often...rooms are small and rather old....Breakfast was OK

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
jan_klinkert, Manager at RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt-Airport-West, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Bart12_Warsaw,

thank you for your feedback to your stay at our Hotel.
Unfortunately we could not change our location and the situation in our surrounding! I am glad that I could tell you that we renovated the last 2 month until yesterday 55 rooms hotel rooms with a new interieur and new bathrooms and 55 rooms with new bathrooms.
So perhaps you want to return again the next time, so we could show you our new rooms.
Thank you for your help to improve our services!
Best wishes from Diedenbergen

Jan Klinkert and the team from Ramada Hotel Frankfurt Airport West
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have spent a night in the hotel on 20 June due to cancellation of my flight, courtesy of Lufthansa. My check-in was fairly efficient and I was given a room on the first floor. The room was clean but it was stinking of cigarettes. I have asked the reception for replacement but was told that the hotel is full and no other rooms are available.

The buffet dinner and the breakfast were excellent so no complaints whatsoever.

As the shuttle bus was damaged we were provided with free taxi ride to the airport (again thanks to Lufthansa :)

I would strongly recommend to the hotel management to consider a smoking ban in the rooms. There is plenty of space outside the hotel where smokers can enjoy a cigarette.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nikolai,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your unexpected stay at our Hotel and I would like to say thank you for your feedback.
We just renovated 55 rooms completely and 55 rooms our bathrooms, so we will follow up your idea to reduce smoker rooms and go ahead with non-smoking rooms in our renovated floor.
Thank you for your comments which help us to improve our services!
Best wishes from Diedenbergen

Jan Klinkert and the Team from the Ramada Hotel Frankfurt Airport West

Been to RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt-Airport-West? Share your experiences!