For a 5 star hotel and this price class I was on this occassion quite disappointed.
Why? Here are the reasons:
1) An attendant opened my door to deliver a complementary bottle of water without announcing her presence. I was not naked but close to it. I was surprised and then annoyed;
2) The motorized curtains did not work. I repeatedly notified the front desk IN PERSON beginning at 19:00, As it ended up, I went to bed at 11:30 PM after undressing in the dark to avoid giving my neighbors a strip show;
3) I had to request a second invoice since the original I received at checkout was missing a header of any kind and my name and address wrong (not suitable to claim as a business expense in Germany); but,
4) To be fair, the hotel manager compensated me with a reduction of the price for that night - a skimpy €20! I estimate that they did not take my annoyance and frustration seriously.
I would recommend going elsewhere.
There are a lot of welcoming friendly hotels within a stone's throw.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our 5-star superior hotel on the Tegernsee, an Elegant Nature Resort in perfection. Far away from the urban hustle and bustle. In the heart of nature. A stylish retreat to your taste - including the cuisine. Directly on the banks of the Tegernsee, only 45 minutes drive from Munich. The Althoff Seehotel Uberfahrt awaits you with four restaurants and a bar, a 3000m² luxury SPA as well as rest and relaxation at any time of the year. Welcome to happiness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Althoff Seehotel Ueberfahrt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seehotel Ueberfahrt Hotel Rottach-Egern