“Temple” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pune, India
“Temple”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Early Morning darshan was good, and avoid sat/sun. More than two hours need to visit the temple. The temple must avoid beggars and abuse to devotee if they are not paid or given any money/food!

Visited February 2014

Chennai (Madras), India
“Srikalahasti temple rahu kethu pooja”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Srikalahasti temple is situated about 115 kms from Chennai Koyambedu bus stand.
From Chennai you have to take the NH5 - road and drive via Redhills,Puzhal,Gummidippundi and reach Tada - approx 73 kms. Just before one reaches Tada flyover, pl take the service lane on the left side and 100M down take a left. This is a state highway and Srikalhasti is about 42 kms from this point. Upto Tada the road is good ( small stretches under construction ). It fairly OK between Tada and Srikalahasti but goes through a number of villages. The alternative is for one to drive upto Sulurpeta and then come to Srikalahasti - but this stretch is not good.The last 3 kms into the town and to the temple are through narrow but Ok roads. The temple is in the centre of the town.

Unlike Other temples, we were told that the temple is open from 5 AM till 9 PM without any closure. Crowds are normally high during the festive times - but otherwise not an issue.

For a darshan, one can go in direclty and have a good free darshan. A "special darshan" counter is also available for Rs 50. ticket can be purchased inside the temple.
The Rahu Kethu poojas are done every hour and then subsequently one can have a darshan with the Pooja ticket. the Pooja tickets are priced at Rs 300, 750 & 1500. With each Pooja ticket one is given a bag containing the requisite materials for the pooja.

All Poojas are done by the temple priests every hour.

Rs 300 - this pooja is done outside the temple and permits one person to sit and do the pooja. After the pooja one is taken for darshan.

Rs 750 - this is done inside the temple premises - a couple can sit together and one can do the pooja. If unmarried , then only the person can sit and do the pooja but one another person is permitted to be sitting behind. 2 are permitted for Darshan after the pooja.

Rs 1500 - same as 750 - but performed inside the main hall. Also additional shawl is given with prasad. in this 4 persons can have darshan after the pooja.

The Pooja takes about 30 minutes.

well organised.
In case one wants to stay, there is a hotel MGM grand just opposite the entrance. OK hotel - has also about 75 rooms - both AC / non AC. Normally one can start chennai and return comfortably same day.
caution - the request for "tips" at every stage could be a little annoying.

Visited January 2014
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
6 attraction reviews
“Great Temple and Such a Positive energy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Sri Kalahasti temple is a lovely temple to visit for. Rarely we experience such a high positive energy in a temple.
Once I was having darshan, I felt something unique that cant be expressed. Something mystery had felt for me(even for my wife). After darshan, I felt great positive energy in that temple. Mystery and energy made that a unforgettable one for me.

Rated 4/5. minus 1 for bad roads and maintenance.

Visited December 2013
Perak
5 attraction reviews
“A place for devotees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

A special place mostly for devotees around the world as the focus tends to be the Rahu/Kethu which is the main purpose why devotees flock there, others definitely will be distracted by surrounding environment/ crowds...
Only have Kungkuma archanai, others were a varieties of pooja for various 'doshams'. Really a huge temple, peaceful place..

Visited November 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
20 attraction reviews
“Very Divine, regret that I couldn't spend more time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I visited this temple in the evening, after a visiting Tirupati and Tirumala Load Venkateshwara. I wanted to visit thiis temple for a long time and only this visit I was able to make it. This temple is not as crowded at Tirupati. I wished I had read more about this temple before visiting, as I did not know what to expect. At the entrance, There was the Sneke gods for whom, I lit the lamps. As I entered, a guide caught me and asked what type of puja I wanted to perform. I asked him to arrange a special puja. So he took me to Amman god where I had a very good darshan. Then from there I was taken to the main deity Load Shiva. Afterwards, the guide took me around the temple and explained a few things. He showed me the many forms of Lingams and also took me to Sanishwar deity. Overall very fulfilling pilgrimage,

Only drawback, is everyone at the temple want money. Starting from the pujaries, the security guards. The security guard was almost giving me a massage in the pretext of checking demanding money.

Visited November 2013