“An Oasis.........of calm? Hmmmmm” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Amusement
London, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“An Oasis.........of calm? Hmmmmm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We visited the Oasis part of the Badeparadies. We took a 2 hour time slot, hired 2 towels and one Bath Robe which came to a cost of 33Euros. However, for the towel and robe hire you have to leave a returnable cash deposit which was a further 70Euros. For every 15 minutes over your 2 hours you pay a further 1Euro. On entering you are issued a key wrist band. This opens/closes your allocated locker. If you have drinks or food you pay by having the wrist band scanned and then this is deducted from your deposit or paid for when you leave via the reception desk. If you drive there you also have to pay to park. Local buses do run to the pool and it isnt a bad walk from Titisee and the main Titisee Station to get there - we walked as our appartment was not too far.

The changing areas are vast and as this place is pretty new very clean. There is a lot of locker space too.

Some people have written on here that there is a 'couples' area and I can only assume they are referring to the Oasis, which I have to say I also thought was 'adults only'. However when we visited there seemed to be no part of the Oasis pool that was free from babies or toddlers. Obviously the pool bar isnt for them, but it does not stop families from being in the pool and there were people with babies in armbands and swimming 'nappies' using the pool. We were fortunate that there didnt seem to be any fractious childen, but I would imagine one screaming baby would make it less of an idyllic setting. It was also raining when we visited and the outside 'lake' area was not in use, which I would imagine would be a good place to sit when it is hot as there is a lot more seating and beds out there. The pool bar is a great feature and they seem to serve lots of interesting cocktails. We enjoyed a Wheat Beer and glass of Prosecco, which felt quite decadent!

Even though we visited in September, when I thought it might be quieter, the Oasis pool was reasonably busy and although there were plenty of beds to lie on it felt quite crammed in - I could have touched my neighbour on the bed next to me. There are signs saying you cannot reserve your bed, i.e. by putting your things on it, but most people had put towels, pool shoes, robes etc on their beds although there are places to hang/dry towels and lots of places to put your bags as well. Unlike some Therme pools I have visited there didnt seem to be a Quiet Zone away from the crowd where you could read or sit in peace and quiet and there was a lot of noise with so many people. Yes it is popular with couples so be prepared to also witness some in-pool canoodling which for some young Germans is probably the closest they can get with the least clothing on away from Mamma and Pappa back home. You may also have to witness less than lithe folk romping romantically in the water like mating hippos, so be warned. You get all shapes and sizes in here, but it makes for good people watching. Our 2 hours was certainly not really enough time.

Off the Oasis main pool there is a 'Mineral' bath area (which we didnt have time to explore) plus a Steam Room (or rather a BlackForest Fog room), which felt like being in an alien spaceship - quite funky colours. Within the pool there are lots of various bubble beds, underwater pressure jets and jacuzzi zones both inside and out, where you can ease your aches and pains. Our 2 hours actually went pretty fast by the time we had explored all the various areas and had a drink at the bar. You have to factor in getting out of the pool, showering, dressing and drying hair into that 2 hours, and we actually did go over slightly which incurred an extra 1Euro charge.

There are plenty of showers and hairdryers. I am a bit surprised that somewhere so new did not have perhaps some swimming costume spindryers and bags (which I have seen elsewhere). On exit we had the cost of our drinks deducted from our towel deposit (5.80Euros) plus 1Euro each for the extra time and the rest of our deposit was given back.

On the day we visited the Galaxy part of the pool didnt open until 2pm and by the time we were leaving there was quite a long queue waiting to get in.

So in summary, this is a good place to while away a morning or afternoon. Had we taken our own towels etc it would have only cost us 24Euros plus a bit extra for going over our time, so not bad value for money. As we were staying in an appartment we just didnt want the aggravation of having to lug wet towels around so it was easier to hire them. I felt it was quite crammed in and the term 'Oasis' is not quite what I would use when it is so busy and you are having to practically rub shoulders with all and sundry. I have been to better places than this but for Titisee it must be an absolute boon for the tourist industry, especially as it is the newest and biggest in the area. Would I visit again? Probably yes, but I might pick my time better. It is open in the evenings, which might be better and quieter.

Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
Haifa, Israel
4 attraction reviews
“Fun for kids and adults too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We visited twice the Baderaradies on our vacation. First time was on a rainy day where we were pleased that all the attractions are in-door. The kids enjoyed the slides and pool (especially when they activated high waves inside the pool). On our second visit we (the adults) also jumped into a separate adults-only area which included a warm pool and nice atmosphere.

Visited September 2013
Wolverhampton, England
49 attraction reviews
“Great fun with the kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Visited here with our 5 and 2 year olds. There were plenty of slides for them to go on and we were in there for about 4 hours. The water is warm, espacially the splash area for very young children. A bit expensive a quite busy when we went (it was raining heavily all afternoon) but great fun. Good changing facilities. Great for children of all ages. Didnt go in the Oasis are because we were too busy playing!

Visited August 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Best swimmingpool in the region”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great swimmingpool, with 2 different areas for small children and couples. The couples pool is a tropical swimmingpool including a bar with cocktails in the water. The other part has some amazing slides with tubes up to 3 people.

Visited August 2013
London
5 attraction reviews
“Best sauna I have ever seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We recently spent 10 days in Tittisee this Summer and were fortunate enough to have an apartment which offerered the Black Forest Tourist Card at no additional cost.
Included as other reviewers have mentioned is the use of this for 90 minutes a day. I visited on several occasions as I enjoy a sauna and have never seen any facilities as good as this in the UK. The sauna complex upstairs has four different saunas ( along with a steam room downstairs, no charge for that) each offering a different theme. They are all pretty big too each capable I think of accomodating 40 - 60 people but at no time during my visit was there more than a handful of people in any one place.
At certain times of the day there are free 'treatments' I was too late to join in but did see a group of people sitting with what looked like strawberry jam smeared over their faces - good for the skin apparently!
In addition to the saunas there is also a mirrored room with cascading water for cooling down along with a large comfortable area with very comfy sunbeds both inside and out on the sun deck, which has a little bar and great forest views.
I also liked the crushed ice on tap for an instant cool down!
There is a small charge for the use of this sauna area but it was only I think about four euros on one occasion and six on the one where i stayed longer ( at the weekend).
Having been a member of a few gyms and sports clubs over the years, some with pretty hefty fees I haven't seen anywhere that compares with this.
Oh and the no clothes bit - get over it like the locals do , you can wrap a towel around if you like. and no one cares anyway!

Visited July 2013