“Charming Exterior, Dated Interior, Decent Food, Contemptuous Service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Loewen

Loewen
Marktplatz 2, Meersburg (Bodensee), Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
07532-43040
Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Charming Exterior, Dated Interior, Decent Food, Contemptuous Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our reservations were for 5 people, including a toddler. We worked around the lack of the promised high-chair. When we asked for 2 English menus for our guests who spoke no German, I caught the waiter rolling his eyes for the first time. When we placed the child's order, I caught the eye-roll again. Despite the waiter's unctuous politeness, I sensed his contempt. If you are angry at the world, you do not belong in the service industry. I was ready to leave, but our alternatives were scant that evening. When the food came, it was as expected - no better, no worse. Until they replace this head waiter, I cannot recommend this otherwise satisfactory restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Arvada, Colorado, United States
“Unique decor & delicious daily specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

It feels like you are dining in a hunting lodge. If you like Proseco from Italy, try the German version, Seco, from the Bodensee vineyards. Our meals were outstanding, specials of the evening, but I'm sure the regular menu items are delicious too. The restaurant was busy every night we walked by...

Visited August 2012
Fort Lewis, Washington
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed the traditional fare from this retaurant. The food was prepared perfectly and came to us promptly. The pumkin soup was very good and my Rumpsteak was done to perfection. My wife said that the fish plate was very good. A little more in the price than we usually pay for a meal, but well worth it. Enjoy

• Visited September 2011