“The best I have ever tasted” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Oxnard, California
“The best I have ever tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

One of my favorite things to do while on vacation is a daily search for the best pastries. I have vacationed in Europe about 15 times since 1999 for a month at a time. I have tasted pastries in France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Italy, Zauners Bakery in Austria, Germany and California.

Without a doubt the cakes baked by Verner Gross and served by his gracious wife Brigitte are the best cakes I have ever tasted. They are simply delicious. My favorite is the Himbeer sahne kuchen (raspberry cream) with layers of chocolate cake, surrounded by a light cream filling with fresh raspberries, topped with shaved milk chocolate with the outside covered with a wafer thin hard chocolate.

You can get a piece of cake and a cappuccino for under 6 Euros. I might add that Brigette slices a generous piece of cake.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“The best cake.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for coffee and cake during a boat trip to Meersburg. Cakes have been gorgeous everywhere in Germany but this cafe gets our number one vote!

• Visited June 2013