“Nice, but not at the airport!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Hotel Wings Frankfurt Airport

Save Saved
You added Mercure Hotel Wings Frankfurt Airport to your Saves list
Mercure Hotel Wings Frankfurt Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Anton-Flettner-Strasse 8, 65479 Raunheim, Hesse, Germany   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Raunheim
Adelaide
“Nice, but not at the airport!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Only stayed here for night and room was very spacious and comfortable. However, don't let the name fool you - the hotel is not near the airport at all, it's a good 15 minute taxi ride away. The hotel does offer a free shuttle bus service though. Also, wifi is not free which is disappointing. All in all it was a nice, comfortable room, but not in a great location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I reserved this hotel because of its very competitive price compared to the other Frankfurt airport hotels. After my flight arrived I took the bus from the airport to the Mercure Hotel but found when I arrived that it was another Mercure, not the one where I had a reservation. I was told there were 12 Mercure Hotels around the airport! It's about a 30 minute bus ride to the airport from the hotel. More of an issue, however, there is only one bus from the hotel to the airport per hour. So you will lose quite a lot of time if you use this airport as a stop-over between flights (as I did). Judging from the people who took the bus with me to the airport, most are Lufthansa staff who work there and for whom the bus timing is not an issue.

Otherwise, it is a typical Mercure, with a kitchenette but no coffee/sugar available for the morning. Internet is OK, it has to be paid for, but prices are typically what one finds in European hotels. There is quite a decent bar downstairs where you can get a glass of wine and a simple meal, and a restaurant which also serves breakfast -- quite copious, but quite expensive also.

So, in a nutshell -- this hotel is fine, priced very competitively, if you are not tight for time and intending it as a stop-over between flights.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The staff and food are exceptional at this hotel, but the WiFi is expensive (35 Euros) and unreliable. You can also hear the other guests and what they're doing in the adjacent rooms. Thankfully I was provided with ear plugs. The gym is also decent but I found the breakfast really expensive for what was offered (18 Euros). Did I mention the staff is great? They are AMAZING!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Zaozhuang, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am a tour guide of a Chinese group and we stayed in the hotel for one night before we back to China. In the morning I was called by my group that they were separated to a dark room with very few food for breakfast, while other guests were enjoying their breakfast in a light and proper room, of course, with standard breakfast buffet. I asked the waitress and she claimed that we are paid for group meals, so we couldn't eat in the dining room. Then I put my handbag on the chair and called my college who booked the hotel for us. I was only turn back for a second and then my bag is gone. And this dark room was the only one doesn't have a camera. The waiter and waitress didn't ask for the room nummer and let everyone go into this room, which we "should' eat. At last they found out there was a mistake, we did pay for the "normal warm buffet". But my bag is stolen by an unknown man come in the dark room and left. Of course we saw him from the camera at the main entrance of the hotel. Police didn't help, of course, they were too busy to find a bag for me. But all my important staff were there.

I lost around 1800 euro cash, wallet, many cards, keys, cellphone, passport... Due to a mistake of this hotel.

I spend half of my year living in hotels, and this room "for groupe breakfast"was the only one allowed everyone who doesn't belong to the hotel to come in and sit or eat and without a camera.

Of course I should keep an eye on my bag, even only 1 minute, but I cannot say the hotel is not responsible. There must be some thieves stay around and the hotel doesn't pay attention of it.

I will never choose this hotel. And if you don't want to lose your things, don't go.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Rooms are kind of small and feel a bit dated. Location is ok, close to the main road but not too noisy anyway. The heating was patchy, internet costs extra and was not blazing fast.
Checking in on a busy night meant waiting in line for half an hour. Why this could not be planned for I am not sure.
There are two buildings, staying in one means crossing the courtyard to get to the lobby and restaurant.
Stay here only if you need to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building for convenience
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Machtum, Grevenmacher, Luxembourg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We used Mercure Wings hotel for one night because we had an early flight the day after from Frankfurt Airport. All was going reasonably well until at around 9.00 p.m. we started hearing loud dance music coming from below. The music was awfully loud it was as if we were playing the radio full blast in our room. We phoned the reception and the reply was that there was a private Christmas party in the basement and that 'there was nothing he could do about it'. He didn't know at what time the party would finish. We hoped that by 11 or midnight the music would stop, but it didn't. We phoned another couple of times to the reception but got the same reply. The music finally stopped at 4.00 a.m. So much for the night's rest we had hoped for before catching our flight. The least they could do was to notify us before that there was going to be a party and that the premises were not soundproof. Who on earth would treat guests in a hotel in this way?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mercure Hotel Wings Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!