“Good hotel for a short stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NH Frankfurt Airport

You added NH Frankfurt Airport to your Saves list
NH Frankfurt Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Moerfelder Strasse 113 | Flughafen, D-65451 Kelsterbach, Hesse, Germany   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
5% EXTRA DISCOUNT
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kelsterbach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Surrey
“Good hotel for a short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed here after booking very late in the day when all other hotels near the Messe had shot up in price. I was concerned at some of the reviews, so was pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was. Our rooms were spacious, contemporary and clean and the bed was very comfortable indeed. We opted to eat in the hotel for just the one evening we were there as there really isn't anything nearby. Again, we were really pleased with the lovely wine they had on offer and with the delicious meal we had (chicken with fries and green beans). All the staff were very friendly except one of the bar staff who somehow though it funny to smirk at my request to try a little of the red wine I chose. He was very rude and immature. Shame as our waiter was lovely and professional. Highly recommended for 1-2 nights stay if on business.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

A neat, conveniently located Hotel near Frankfurt airport with a 20-minute shuttle bus ride of less than 15 minutes. Neat, cleverly appointed and friendly rooms, conference facilities. Offers a great breakfast buffet to give the day a head-start.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Aransas Pass, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Please see the photos of the water. First, I want to complement this hotel on their shuttle service. It ran every 20 minutes and the drivers were courteous, friendly and helpful. However....thankfully, we had booked only one night at this hotel prior to our departure from Germany. After viewing the photos, you will understand why I did not shower at this hotel. When we arrived the room appeared to be fairly clean and neat. The refrigerator was well-stocked and clean. I was a little disappointed with the pillows. Each bed has a standard-size pillow, and, I guess, what could be called a 1/2 pillow. This 1/2 pillow was regular length, but only 1/2 as wide as a normal pillow. I enjoy reading or watching TV in the evenings, and the 1/2 pillows aren't conducive for propping your head up to do so. The linens appeared clean. The mattresses were fairly comfortable. No springs poking us during the night, but a little soft. The room temperature was too hot. We turned the thermostat to as cool as it would go, and it was still hot....in January! We tried opening the window, but with the hotel almost directly beneath the flight path of the jets that we're landing every few minutes, the roar made it impossible to talk or hear TV. We didn't really notice the noise with the window closed, though. It was a matter of having to open and close the window throughout the evening until we were tired enough that the noise didn't matter. We finally left it open. I would have rated this hotel a 3, but the brown water and the "I could care less" attitude of the desk clerk, reduced the score. When I turned on the water at the basin to wash my hands, the faucet began to spew air and droplets of BROWN liquid. I began filming. The pictures posted here are two screen shots of the video I took. The spewing brown liquid slowly subsided, but the water never ran completely clear. It continued to have a yellowish tint to it, both in the lavatory and in the bathtub. I did not shower, and I used the hotel's bottled water to brush my teeth. I was billed for the bottled water. What really is upsetting is that when I spoke to the desk clerk about this brown water situation, he blew me off with some comment about the city water lines being under construction. My first thought was "Apparently he was aware of the issue when we arrived, so why weren't we advised of this before we checked in???" I found this to be dishonest at best, and this is why I rated the service "terrible". The clerks at this hotel should inform guests about the water problem and give the guests the option of (1) finding another hotel and offering a refund for pre-paid reservations, or (2) offering the room at a discount and allowing the guest to decide if he wants to stay in a room with this sort of water problem. Neither option was offered to us. I feel that the health department should be alerted to this situation and they should determine whether this hotel should continue having guests occupy rooms where there is a possibility that the water is not potable. I certainly would not drink it. I didn't even want it on my skin. Also, we didn't eat at the hotel's restaurant since they we're obviously using the hotel's water to cook with.

Room Tip: If the water problem is the same throughout the hotel, I have no tips for selecting a good room. I w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This hotel is a brief shuttle ride from the airport. It is very convenient for an overnight stay in Kelsterbach, which is a small town adjacent to the Frankfurt am Main Airport. The hotel is a bit older and wear can be seen, but generally it is in good condition. Rooms are not large but comfortable and clean. Good place for an overnight stay near the airport and much less costly than hotels that are on the Airport premises.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The hotel is very comfortable - good quality rooms, very clean and pleasant. Friendly, helpful staff and very convenient shuttle service to/from the airport. We didn't try the breakfast, as it was not included in our room rate and we found it too expensive. We will definitely choose this hotel again if we need to have an overnight stay close to Frankfurt Airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel came recommended by a friend, and initially it seemed good. Convenient shuttle to airport -- about 5 min to Terminal 1 for domestic flights, but longer to Terminal 2 for international. Comfortable modern decor with decent fitness facilities and a nice sauna.

But my room (203) had bedbugs. I found 5 in my bed (one in between the pillow and the pillowcase, which I took downstairs for proof). The night staff initially seemed to downplay the importance, but did eventually give me a new room (which I checked carefully and found no bugs), and let me put my gear in the sauna overnight to try to kill any that had climbed aboard (bedbugs can be killed by heating). All of this took about 2 hrs, in the middle of the night.

The night staff agreed to comp the room, but in the morning the asst manager claimed they had not actually charged my card when I made the online reservation, so no refund was needed, despite the printed electronic receipt I had indicating a charge had been made. I had to pull out my laptop and access my online credit card statement to prove that the charges had been made before they finally agreed to process the refund. That whole process took about 30 min.

The 3 front desk staff I dealt with were often dismissive and somewhat patronizing (e.g., they were a "big hotel" and we were only talking about 79 Euros, my documents were wrong, I'd probably given the wrong credit card number online, I should just trust that there would be no charge, though they could not give me an official document showing that, and they'd never heard of bedbugs there before). I did appreciate that the night staff allowed me to throw my stuff to bake in the sauna overnight.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

After a painless shuttle ride from the airport to the hotel, I was greeted with the most unfriendly, seemingly intentionally rude, staff member I have ever encountered in a hotel. I just wanted to check in. Without going into all the personal details, just understand that the experience was extremely unpleasant and essentially brought my once pleasant evening to a pretty low level. I wonder if staff members know how much unkindness can affect a guest's stay?

I will proceed with an unbiased review, despite my unpleasant greeting. The hotel is not what I imagined from the Trip Advisor reports. It looks old and outdated (everything has a sort of brownish, early 80's hue), and our non-smoking room smelled heavily of smoke. The bottle of water in the room has a price tag of five euro, so make sure you know what you'll be charged for before you consume anything.

The beds are relatively comfortable, though this is no luxury hotel with satiny soft duvets. Towels are the same: these are the thin and coarse. My husband compared them to a bathmat. Little things, like a worn out place on the toilet seat, a missing piece on the tub floor, and a hair on the shower wall, keep this hotel from being anything more than a convenience before a flight.

When we took the shuttle to the airport in the morning, we were told to leave at terminal 1, even though our flight left from terminal 2 (quite a distance away). The sign at the reception desk clearly stated that the shuttle would drop off at both terminals, and it did originally pick is up at terminal 2, so we were confused. Fortunately, the driver was kind enough to accommodate us.

If you're looking for a quick night's sleep before you catch your flight the next morning, I suppose this place isn't too bad. It does have free internet, a plus in Germany, and the hotel shuttle is free and runs every 20 minutes. One doesn't need luxury for a few hours' sleep. However, a little kindness, and a few upgrades, couldn't hurt.

Stayed January 2014

Been to NH Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!