We stayed here over New Year 2012/2013 for 5 nights, with another couple.
No complaints here, from checking in to checking out it was a pleasant stay.Almost all staff we encountered were very helpful and courteous. A special mention to (I think her name was Angelina (German girl on reception, that lived in the USA for a few years) she was very friendly and helpful at every occasion, very pleasant to deal with, helping us to change rooms after a couple of days - as my wife needed a room with a bath.
The only member of staff we had a problem with was the barman on New Years Day. We found it unbelievable that we were unable to get a drink at 11:10PM - and were informed that the bar closed at 11PM !!
Nice clean, tidy rooms. There were refurbishments going on at the time we stayed, but this was in the new restaurant, and didn't affect our stay whatsoever.
We did not eat in the hotel, so cannot comment on the quality of the food. There is a IHMO just 100 yards from the hotel, that does great coffees and pastries for breakfast - and a full breakfast served in the pan ! A great idea.
Train Station is just a simple 5-10 minute walk, with the train just 20 mins into the centre of Munich. You can buy the ticket for the train at reception - it was 10Euros and this ticket covered up to 5 people (bargain) - an even bigger bargain if you don't put it in the machine at the station (as I forgot !!) and you can use it the following day :-)... The trains are at 5 past the hour and every 20 minutes - and believe me - they are always spot on time - that's German efficiency for you.
We used the hotel as a base and travelled out by car to Austria and Italy which was wonderful - travelling through the Alps in January. We parked the car in the Free car Park which was a 5 minute walk around the corner.
There is a McDonanlds nearby, and an Aldi and Lidl, as well as a Retail Park with a variety of shops (couldn't get my missus out of the large Shoe Shop !!!)
There is a great Chinese restaurant next door to the hotel - which served some of the best Chinese food I've tasted (especially the King Prawn in Garlic and ginger) Yum !!
Again, can't fault the hotel or the Staff, a pleasant stay - would recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Munchen Unterhaching Hotel
- Holiday Inn Munchen Unterhaching Hotel Unterhaching
- Holiday Inn Unterhaching
- Unterhaching Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bleiben Sie unterwegs. Wer viel reist, braucht Raum fur Ruckzug. Ein Hotel, das verlassliche Standards bietet. Kombiniert mit einem angenehmen, personlichen Service. In einer ruhigen Lage, die gleichzeitig sowohl per Auto wie auch per Bahn und Flugzeug gut erreichbar ist. Durch diese Vorzuge hat sich das Holiday Inn Munchen-Unterhaching als feste Grosse im Munchner Raum etabliert. Mit 260 hochwertig ausgestatteten Zimmern und 27 Tagungsraumen fur jeden Bedarf. Mit einem eingespielten Service-Team, das Ihren Aufenthalt mit zuvorkommender Freundlichkeit maximal angenehm gestaltet. Hinzu kommen ein hauseigener Fitness- und Wellness-Bereich, kostenloses WLAN sowie ein Restaurant mit Biergarten und eine gemutliche Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Muenchen Unterhaching reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.