“recommended by the hotel staff and did not disappoint.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 62 Restaurants in Memmingen
UK
“recommended by the hotel staff and did not disappoint.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very characterful and traditional German restaurant which lived up to it's recommendation. The staff were excellent and unlike similar UK establishments there was no hard sell with either drink or food, they just wished us to enjoy our evening.

Visited July 2013

Gibraltar
“very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Really lovely place in memmingen, we sat outside overlooking the canal, the waiter was very attentive and came out with candles as it got dark.
very traditional german menu. Highly reccommended

• Visited October 2012
ireland
“Lovely experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We decided to try this restaurant after reading the complimentary reviews on tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed!

It is tucked away in a side street and when you step inside there is an old world charm. It is very authentic with panelled walls, stain glass features and dim lighting. Service was excellent, very friendly!! Food was lovely, my first time tasting Bavarian cooking and I devoured the cheese dumplings with fried onions. Other dishes on the menu a little expensive but overall we had a great time there!

• Visited August 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good food in traditional surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was staying in Memmingen on the final night of a trip to Munich. This was my first visit to Memmingen and I had forgotten to research where to eat. So I decided to wander through the old town in search of a nice restaurant. While going along one of the side street canals I stumbled across Weinstube Weber Am Bach by accident. The building looks wonderfully traditional from the outside and is exquisite inside. The main dining room is panelled in a dark wood and what I would imagine to be a traditional bavarian style.

The waiter quickly located me a table and provided me with a menu. There was a lovely selection of dishes and I enjoyed each one of my starter, main course and desert. As with other reviews I was given a free appetizer.

The service was attentive without being intrusive, the Memmingen beer refreshing and the surroundings were perfect. Exactly what I would have hoped to find when I went for my wander. I would happily recommend a visit to this lovely restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed in Memmingen on a road trip through to Tuscany. Upon arriving in Memming I didn't want to leave and this little restaurant was one of the things that made me want to stay. The location is lovely along a little canal in the centre of Memmingen, with the advantage of no road or traffic. A truely lovely spot.

The staff were also lovely, with broken English they helped as much as they could with the menu and provided a great service. They also were wearing the traditional clothing of the area - they looked great!

The food was equally as good (I'd definitely be fat if I lived in this area) and we were even given a free starter from the chef and at the end a little bottle of snaps each (pink for the girls and clear for the boys) as they were celebrating their 20th anniversary.

If.....no, when, I go back to Memmingen, I will definitely go back to this restaurant.

• Visited July 2012