“If the Hotel doesn't wow you, the town will; v-quaint” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel und Gaststatte zum Erdinger Weisbrau
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lange Zeile 1-3, 85435 Erding, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Erding
Bowie, Maryland
“If the Hotel doesn't wow you, the town will; v-quaint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

If you have never been to Erding, this hotel is a reason to visit, the small town is so quaint with flower boxes, cobble streets and old world charm, I loved it. We were picked up by the hotel driver which charges 25 Euro per ride, you have to pre-arrange of course. Our driver’s name was “Roger” he was very nice and was waiting for us when we arrived. We were whisked away in his van and arrived safely at Hotel Zum Erdinger Weissbrau, we were very warmly greeted and given our room key’s. When we walked into our room, we were greeted with a wonderful window view of the street below the front of the hotel. The room was spacious, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was spacious and wonderful too.

We went downstairs to explore the little town, unfortunately by the time we arrived all the shops had closed, it was about 7:00 p.m., but we walked around and got some great pictures. Everyone was so very nice and helpful, as a matter of fact, an elderly woman who happened to be walking past me, realized I was a tourist (guess since I was snapping pictures) and I guess also assumed I didn’t speak German because she just took me by the hand and lead me to the middle of the street, at first I was like “O-K” why do I always attract the strange ones…..but then she lifted her finger and before me was an amazing sunset behind the clock tower. It was so beautiful, and she was so nice to go out of her way to show me.

I had booked an 8:00 p.m. reservation for the three of us weeks earlier in the hotel restaurant which I had read was very difficult to get into, I can’t say this was true, as it didn’t look very busy to us. Anyway, the food was amazing, our waitress wasn't so nice, but the service was fast and efficient. The Erdinger beer was good too, my mother, who never drinks, to our amazement actually ordered a glass. It was our last night in Europe and we were celebrating our most wonderful trip. It was a great meal and a wonderful ending.

The next morning, we got up early and headed into town to the shops my mom had spied the night before that she wanted to visit before we left, we made a few purchases and headed back to the hotel where we were greeted again by “Roger” who was driving us to the airport.

Easy check-out but I need to add that the room was stuffy and we couldn’t get the air-conditioner to work, we called downstairs but by the time we had gotten back to our room, it was after 10:00 p.m. and we were told that no one was around but kitchen staff to help, so we opened the windows. All night long, there were young people either getting off of work or club goers who were under our window having very loud conversations or yelling at each other from across the street, one group even sounded like they were fighting. Needless to say, I didn’t sleep all night.

When I mentioned it to the front desk along with the fact that we drank two waters from the mini-fridge, she said no worries, no charge and apologized profusely. I loved this hotel, I just wish we could have stayed a few more nights…ok, maybe not in that particular room because of the street noise (but it might not have been an issue with the windows closed) but the hotel was in itself wonderful, they cater to your every need and I would highly recommend a visit.

The Munich airport is only about a 15 min. ride from Erding, I am so glad we stayed here and would come again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

I enjoyed a brief one night stay here in October 2011, waiting for an early flight out of the nearby (~15km) Munich airport. It is a great alternative to the more expensive options near the terminals. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well appointed, and the service upon our arrival was warm and friendly. Easy parking is available in a garage below the hotel. The attached restaurant continued the good service, with a nice selection of Bavarian favorites. And of course, great Erdinger Hefeweizen.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed at the Hotel for 2 nights last week. The room is very nice, very clean and has a great bathroom with a huge shower. However there service is horrible. I had called room service to request a menu, after 45 minutes of waiting I went to get one myself. The girl who forgot to bring the menu, said she would not charge me for the room service, however when the food arrived a bill arrived as well. During Dinner our drinks were forgotten, waitress acted like we never ordered them and was rude about it. There internet Service is DSL only with a very very short Data Cable. There location is great, only a few minutes to the S-Bahn and tons of stores around. I would however not stay there again because of the service.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the church, the bells ring every 5 seconds -
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel and were happy we did. The customer service was excellent (depending on whether the regular front desk staff are on a break...). Our room was a standard room which was a good size and the bathroom was also spacious. The decor is fine, but the room was a little dark (we did have a great view of the beer garden and street through. The location is quiet even though our room did face the main street and there is parking at the back of the hotel free of charge if you can get a spot (we had no problem). They also have a parking garage which is chargeable. It is about 5-10 minute drive to Therme Erding (highly recommended...) and the hotel does offer transfers there and back (funy times and a little expensive)

The big plus for us was the restaurant- very tasty and good quality food, generous serves.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Theoretically, Hotel zum Erdinger has all the right ingredients to be a first class hotel - attractive rooms, charming terrace, central location, but lacks the most important one - customer service.
My family and I spent 4 days at the hotel, which was divided into family time and business meetings. We rented 2 rooms.
At check out I disputed dry cleaning charges since I had explicitly requested in writing that I only wanted my teenage son's clothing laundered (I did not want to pay 10,30 Euros for dry cleaning jeans, 8,10 Euros for cotton sweaters, 8,30 for shorts for a total of 108,25 Euros) of my 279 E total. When I asked to speak to the manager, Mr. Daniel Helmecke, refused to deduct these dry cleaning charges and even refused to deduct the Mehrwertsteuer (value added tax) of 44,55 Euros. I am not a European resident. I also pointed out that the Hotel double billed me 279 Euros. Mr. Helmecke was embarrassed that I caught the "error," but not enough to even apologize about the double billing. He did remove the overcharge. (The next time I had my son's laundry done in a 3 star German hotel, the bill was 75 Euros)
I requested that my 2 rooms be billed separately since 1 room was a business expense and the other personal. Mr. Helmecke said my request was not possible with Hotel Erdinger's computer system and he would send me the corrected billing. I am still waiting for this breakdown.
Bottom line, Hotel zum Erdinger is "all sizzle, no steak" - the staff is young, attractive, but doesn't know the first thing about customer relations.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Rugeley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

The hotel is modern and well appointed, with a good restaurant (including some very popular open air seating, in the summer – so do reserve a table). The breakfast cold buffet and the ‘tick sheet’ cooked breakfast were both excellent. Service was a bit patchy, so be prepared to flag down a waiter.

The hotel is very convenient for Munich airport. Erding itself is very pretty, and we also visited nearby Freising, with its wonderful cathedral. If we had had more time we would have taken the train into Munich in preference to driving in (next trip, for sure). Erding would make a good base for exploring most of Bavaria, and even as far as Salzburg in Austria.

Tip 1: If arriving by car simply pull up temporarily opposite the hotel to get your room key and a map to find the hotel’s underground car park (charges apply), which is clean and spacious. I usually try to avoid such places in a hire car, but this one was easy to manoeuvre in.

Tip 2: If you would like to visit the (new) Erdinger Weissbrau brewery (just outside Erding), book well in advance, otherwise you may be disappointed. Also, tours are free for fan club members!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
wirral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for four nights in May. We e-mailed the hotel beforehand to give them our flight details and were promptly met at the airport to be taken by car right to the hotel, this cost roughly about £26 pounds, it was about a 20 minute car ride. I know we could of easily got the train but it was rather late and we just wanted to get there. The hotel is a traditional bavarian hotel. Beautifully presented and although we only had a standard room it was beautiful. Extremely clean, as if we were the first guests! The bathroom was large with walk in shower, lots of fresh fluffy towels, huge lighted magnifying mirror (scary!). The beds were firm but comfortable, fridge and huge flat screen tv. the hotel sits right on the main street of the town so looking out of the two huge windows was lovely. We were lucky in that the weather was spectacular and sitting outside with a beer watching the world go by was bliss. The breakfast was typical continental style with the added bonus of a further menu to order something hot, sausages, eggs, toast, and lots more. Our breakfast was not included and we decided to only eat breakfast twice as there are so many other places to eat. We tried a meal in the restaurant, which when given the menu was all in German with no translation so make sure you ask for an English menu as they dont think to give you this menu first! The only criticism was the gentleman who i presume was the catering manager,who had no manners whatsoever and we found him rather rude and brupt. All the other members were extremley pleasant but one in particular was Diana, a young girl who could multi task no end, from bar person to receptionist, waitress, room service, you name it, she did it and we never once heard her moan and she was always smiling, nothing was too much trouble. If she manages to read this we would like to thank her for all help and wish her the very best in her future career she was indeed an asset to the hotel. There are lots of shops, restaurants, make sure you visit the church right next to the hotel it was very beautiful. We were lucky one night that a band came into the hotel (traditional bavaian band) extremely entertaining. We caught the train to Munich very easy and clear instructions. Munich was very busy but a great sightseeing day out. I have been to many places in Germany and this is less comercialised than most German cities, but thats what make this place interesting. I couldn't have stayed longer than a few days as I think we would have ran out of things to do but it was a lovely break.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel und Gaststatte zum Erdinger Weisbrau? Share your experiences!