“Excellent hotel in picturesque Eberbach” 5 of 5 stars

Got a photo?
Add it.
You added Hotel Krone-Post to your Saves list
Hotel Krone-Post
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hauptstrasse 1, 69412 Eberbach, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Eberbach
Cary, NC
“Excellent hotel in picturesque Eberbach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband had business in Eberbach. We (myself, husband, mother-in-law and 10 yo daughter) stayed at Hotel Krone Post for 2 nights. We had a large room/suite, with one double bed bedroom and a living room with a double sofa bed. There were large windows that you can open and offered nice views of the Neckar River and the town. The bathroom was spacious and luxurious. The room was very clean. The hotel's restaurant served quality, German food. And we enjoyed some nice German wines and beers at the little bar. The staff was very friendly and helpful (we don't speak German, but they spoke enough English to help us out). The location was perfect for exploring the charming little town. There are numerous shops and restaurants right outside the door. We wish we had enough time to take one of the river cruises. Only downside was 5 euros per day for internet access.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

I think this is the biggest hotel in the little town of Eberbach. My experience was a bit spooky because, well out of season, I was the only guest - I think they left me there on my own till the morning! In high season it must be more bustling, but Eberbach is clearly a bit of a backwater. Nevertheless, the staff were very welcoming and friendly and an enormous breakfast was prepared just for me. Parts of the hotel are newly renovated, but other bits, including at least many of the rooms, are a bit 70s in feel, including the colour schemes and the spongy bed: no less comfortable for that, but don't come here if you need the usual fittings of a modern hotel (see my pics, but the hotel's own website also gives a feel). Still, everything was in good condition. The restaurant was, obviously, closed when I was there (though I did get a great meal in the Altes Badhaus hotel nearby). The location is great: right in the heart of town but with its own parking behind the building, and right by the river Neckar - so a wonderful view.

Stayed February 2007

Been to Hotel Krone-Post? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Krone-Post

Address: Hauptstrasse 1, 69412 Eberbach, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Location: Germany > Baden-Wurttemberg > Eberbach
Bar / Lounge Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Eberbach
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Krone-Post 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Krone-Post reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Krone-Post, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.