We were completely satisfied with this hotel, which we chose for spending 1 night on the way south from Benelux to Austria (perfect half-way stop). We experienced:
- Very friendly welcome and service
- Complete, total silence in the (street facing) room during the night; very quiet lovely town.
- 10 minute from the main highways south with absolutely no noise or inconvenience
- Good restaurant, open late until after 23:00 and then cold plates available for late arrivals
- Wonderful quiet location outside town with EASY and FREE parking; feeling of total security no need for barbed wire fences.
- walking distance from town and beautiful castle
- lovely places to jog in the morning before the family wakes up (castle grounds, park across the street, etc).
- Very good price compared to all the Novotels Best Westerns and other industrial nightmares.
When you are looking for a good stopover hotel, look no further. We paid 200 euros for 4 people, including light evening meal, parking, internet, breakfast, etc..
Any other hotel would charge extra for each of these services.
The only areas for improvement (which I must say I can't complain about considering the reasonable price we paid for our 4 person room):
- The children's sofa bed in the 4 person room was very small and very hard. It was like sleeping on the floor. But the kids had a great night's sleep in the peace and quiet until the morning street noises (around 6:30) woke them up.
- We took the cheapest room since it was 1 night stopover; however I regretted not taking a room with a view; the hotel has a lovely view over the town and cathedral it is worth it to try to get a room on the valley side of the hotel, if you arrive before sunset.
This hotel is clean, quiet, calm. They appreciate your custom and give you good service. It is located less than 10 minutes from the highway but has no highway, railway or other noise. It is near beautiful castles and parks for a lovely run in the morning. It has a restaurant open late for late arrivals and provides cold room service in case you were stuck and couldn't arrive earlier. Good breakfast buffet in a bright cheeful room with a lovely view over the town.
Incredible price when compared to chain hotels... be sure to read the fine print, here all is included from parking to breakfast to internet. These things alone could make for almost double the price in a best western hotel!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.