“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Romantik Hotel Am Bruhl

and 1 more site!
You added Romantik Hotel Am Bruhl to your Saves list
Romantik Hotel Am Bruhl
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Billungstrasse 11, 06484 Quedlinburg, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany   |
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Quedlinburg
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed here in June, staff were very helpful, room was large , very clean. Bathroom was excellent.
Breakfast was good, large choice, well presented.
Good location.
Only downside was very poor internet (this is common with all Hotels in Quedlinburg)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed a couple of times at "Hotel am Brühl" and enjoyed it every time.
Service is friendly and efficient, rooms are clean and match the overall "land house" style. The court yard of the hotel is a great place to be in summer to enjoy a glass of wine.
The restaurant is highly recommended for high quality but not too fancy specialties.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Monmouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel with an interesting history having been a seed testing station before the Second World War. It was difficult to get an idea of what exactly this was but the hotel consists of a house and huge converted barns. Arriving drenched from a sudden mini monsoon mine host scored a hit by serving me with a pot of tea in the bar and a small reviving beer for my husband. The room was very pleasant and breakfast was amazing. The hotel lies a goodly step from the railway station, especially if it is raining so gets a taxi. It is conveniently situated for the town and a 10 minute amble along hugely picturesque cobbled streets will bring you to the centre.
Reception staff speak English as do some of the waiting staff in the restaurant. If you want a comfy, friendly, stylish hotel in the city - look no further.

Room Tip: We were I room No 3 which was up a short flight of steps and very quiet. Don't miss a meal in th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
North Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful from the lobby to the rooms. Clean and comfortable with big room and bathrooms. A great choice for the money. It is a close walk to the cathedral, maybe 10 minutes, and another 5 minutes to the markt square. There is also a nice park just up the street from the hotel. Parking is plentiful just out front.

• Stayed June 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

First , I want to say that if you've never been to Quidlinburg Germany, you should go. If you're American and don't speak German definitely go in the summer. Or, take an interpreter if you choose to go in the winter because you are truly going back in time and I didn't meet any English speaking people when we went in the winter, however, I was fortunate to be accompanied by my son who speaks the language fluently. Furthermore, to my knowledge, Quidlinburg is one of the only places other than Prague unscathed by WWII. I booked the Romantik Hotel Am Bruhl through "name your own price" on Priceline several years ago and got a surprisingly low rate. My Mother and I stayed at this hotel after being deserted by the German speaking son who left us to go spend time with his former Host family in the country. I find Germany to be the cleanest country in Europe so you know the hotel rooms are crazy clean. The hotel offers a delightful restaurant that I dined alone in one night as my mother wanted to rest after a hard day of making it clear to everyone she was from Texas. First, Do my best and succeed in asking for a pot of tea, a few minutes later the nice waiter brings the tea then walks across the room to assist other guests. I begin to pour the tea and suddenly hear a loud panicky "NEIN" from the waiter as he runs toward me, he says something as he gently removed the tea pot from me. I guess I didn't let the tea steep long enough ? My food came, it was delicious but I was terrified to pour my tea, finally the waiter came up to me and approved, the meal was excellent although I was a little nervous. My son briefed me on how to say " may I have I take a plate to my mother in her room" this was before smart phones, I didn't have my English/German translator so had to call the son and have him talk to the waiter and he arranged room service for my Mom. The hotel like the village was not yet accustomed to American travelers and Quidlinburg is like a secret little place that very few have heard of including many Europeans AND Germans. Again, they have interpreters in the summer but in the day of smartphones, I'd go back in the winter for the Christmas Market and Quidlinburg's "Advent on the Courtyard" , or , take a German speaking friend. Any time of the year, this is an incredible place and I'm eager to go again, stay at the lovely Romantik Am Bruhl. Especially now that I know how important it is to make sure to let the tea steep properly.

Room Tip: Practice your German or take interpreter, especially during winter months.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Napier, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. The staff were very friendly and helpful and gave us excellent suggestions for where to visit and places to eat. We had lunch at their restaurant on the first day and that was pleasant. The rooms and the hotel are very comfortable. The lounge area near reception is a food place to chat with friends. The breakfast was delicious. The hotel is in easy walking distance to the local sights and it has good parking. I recommend this hotel as a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Comfortable and pleasant. I had been thrown by the word "Romantik" in the name of the hotel since it can have other connotations in English when combined with the word "Hotel", but it turns out to be part of a chain by that name. The staff was very pleasant and friendly, the room was clean and neat and quite charming and breakfast was excellent. We ate dinner outdoors in the restaurant connected to the hotel and had an excellent meal, one of the best we had in Germany. While not located in the center of town, access to the castle and the center of town was a pleasant 5 minute walk. We would highly recommend this hotel and even more highly recommend Quedlinburg---a spectacular little place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Romantik Hotel Am Bruhl? Share your experiences!