“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 40 hotels in Bamberg
eastatl
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was my second stay here and I specifacally chose this hotel because of my first positive experience. This time, I must say, I was terribly dissappointed.
I emailed the hotel first to make a direct reservation and since I had a couple question, I was hoping they could be answered before I even get my reservation finalized. After a week of not hearing one word from the hotel, I made a reservation via booking a day before my arrival as I really needed to make arrangements. Booking.com allowed me to choose a double large bed instead of two and I even repeated my questions in the available comment box hoping, I could have my answers now. Nothing happened so when I finally arrived I was already annoyed with the hotel's approach.
The receptionist greeted me nicely, I paid and when I was handed a set of keys I made sure to ask if I am getting a room with one bed. The receptionist advised me that there are two beds so I handed the keys back and asked for a room I ordered. For good 10 minutes she kept on saying there is no other room available but me insisting and asking for a discount got me the room I wanted. Of course, it was available.
The room was clean, old furnishing that needs to be updated and the pillows need to be exchanged. You cannot even call it a pillow. More like a small blanket that you have to fold to get at least some head support.
After the incident, the reception would not say a simple HI any of those times I walked past.
I am definitely never staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

This hotel was the worse hotel I have ever stayed in. The bowling alley was extremely noisy it was on the first floor where my room was. The hotel heat went out on a night it was -11 and the water was cold. The hotel refused to give refunds but gave people who drank German beer, so much for us non drinkers. Then they wouldn't give DOD civilians or Soldiers a copy of
their receipt so we could turn it in to settle our vouchers. The only good thing was the front desk personnel was nice and most of them spoke English.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
eastatl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My friend and I spent one night here and totally enjoyed it! the location is great and we enjoyed the bowling area with restaurant. We had their crispy chicken burger that was just awesome! The staff was great especially the bartender! Rooms were clean with very comfortable beds. Will definitely recommend your hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Wiesbaden, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I cannot imagine why anyone would willingly stay in this hotel. I did so only because the arrangement had been made for me in advance and the hotel was selected because of its proximity to where we be working. It is in an industrial zone of the city and bounded on one side by a very busy 4-lane road. The building is not air-conditioned and because of the extreme heat of when I stayed there in August, it was pretty much necessary to keep the window open and hear the constant noise of traffic and at night the sounds coming from the street drunks. The hotel is attached to a bowling alley, yes bowling, not Kegel and adjacent to a small comlex of stores. The staff of the hotel were extremely nice and efficient. The breakfast was really first rate. Despite its good points, I would not recommend this hotel, particularly to anyone who wanted to see the beautiful city of Bamberg.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Richmond Hill, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Great hotel for TDY if you are in the Army. Great staff all of them speak english and the breakfast is great. Full breakfast. Only flaw was they don,t have free wifi. Close to everything.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Cary, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

Very typical suburban hotel that was well located for our needs. Not downtown, but we were staying near a family member a bit outside of town. There is no A/C and there were mosquitoes, so be careful of a stay there in hot weather. Additionally, if you open your window you are going to have to deal with the very loud highway sounds pouring in the window until fairly late at night. Just an OK breakfast was included. Free parking and wireless was available.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Queenstown, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

The best part was the shopping centre next door, they had everything you needed.
Bargain price for room but it was very plain. Good breakfast supplied FOC though.
Bamberg is a stunning place, but I wish I had picked somewhere closer to town. it was lucky we had a car.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Center Hotel Mainfranken? Share your experiences!