“Excellent!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hotel Nepomuk to your Saves list
Hotel Nepomuk
Hotel Nepomuk
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Obere Muehlbrucke 9 | 96049 Bamberg, 96049 Bamberg, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Bamberg
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Super location, super clean and friendly staff!

Stayed for 1 night for a meeting and was very impressed with the restaurant and public areas. ooms as to be expected in a 3 star hotel, but very clean. The Hotel is right in the old heart of the city with many eating / drinking places nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My parents and I just completed a two-night stay at the St. Nepomuk Hotel. We rented the top floor suite, which was a split level suite with one room upstairs, one room downstairs and both bathrooms downstairs. There's also a nice sized living area.

Overall, this hotel is a solid pick for Bamberg. First and foremost, it's in a great area of town and nestled in an idyllic spot right on the river. Our room had very cool views of the water rushing under us, as well as the street on the other side.

The hotel, as well as our room, is clean and comfortable and the concierge (read: one man who seems to do everything from check-in to car park) was very kind and helpful.

That said, this hotel is very sparse and has few amenities, which is why I dropped the rating to a three. Don't expect any bells and whistles (like having your room made up during the day, room service or even a coffee pot). Also, the jacuzzi tub was so complicated I couldn't figure out how to use it and gave up after 15 minutes of trying. They really should provide some directions or show you how to work the elaborate tub remote when they check you in. Finally, there is no WiFi in the hotel. Granted, they did have a computer hooked up to the internet in one of the suite bedrooms, but that's not very helpful when it's in a private room and you don't want to disturb your companions. I don't understand why they didn't just hook it up in the living room.

Small adjustments, like the ones above, would take this charming place up a level. I would not hesitate to stay here again, but I would manage expectations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Location & Hotel & Restaurant
This nicely designed 3-star hotel is located at the edge of the city centre IN the small river Regnitz - which goes through Bamberg - and offers an outstanding view over the river and the city (if you close the windows, you cannot hear the river at all). What a great joy – one cannot beat this view! I was always looking for a well-priced and nice hotel in Bamberg and I have to admit that I definitely found it. The restaurant offers decent food at reasonable prices – at least, I was pleased with my late lunch (the restaurant is also well-attended by non-hotel guests). My luggage was brought to my room while I was waiting for the cleaning staff that was finishing their job (the guests left rather late). After that, I was guided to my room and the receptionist explained me how to use the computer and the TV. Simply perfect service!

Room
The standard of my deluxe double room was all in all OK, even though I have seen better equipped – that is more luxurious - rooms in 3-star hotels. In addition, the room needs to be freshly painted. However, the room had some nice things as well: An air condition system (even though I had some problems to use it properly) and a 27-inch iMac that could be used for free Internet and TV. My room had no balcony but the view was without any doubts outstanding!

Bathroom
The bathroom was rather small but the standard of the bathroom was all in all OK (nothing special but OK). The size of the shower was good. The towels were of very good quality – thick and fluffy – but there were no bathrobe and shower sandals.

Cleanliness
The room was cleaned properly but the cleaning staff did not provide enough toilet paper. When I left the hotel for a tennis match, I informed the receptionist who apologized and immediately took care of the problem.

Hotel Staff
The members of the hotel staff are very attentive and friendly. I had the feeling that they are devoted to their work and want to do a very good job.

Breakfast & Lunch & Dinner area
The breakfast & lunch & dinner area is located on two levels and comes with an outstanding view over the river and the city; you can either sit inside or outside (in front of the bar or on a small patio area on the first floor). The breakfast is not included in the price; it is individually prepared but does not meet high standards (for example, my bread was a bit dry); otherwise it was OK and the view certainly compensated this setback. The quality of the breakfast should be improved.

Internet & Parking
One must not pay extra for the Internet which is great. There was a 27-inch iMac in my room – excellent! Parking is a bit of an issue. There are two options: First, one can either park in an underground car park in the vicinity of the hotel (3 min by foot, 16 € per night) or one can use the parking service of the hotel (drive to the hotel entrance, unload your luggage, and a member of the hotel staff will park your car outside of the hotel; however, you should inform the hotel before you arrive and give them enough time to catch your car before you leave the hotel again). The second option is less expensive 12 € per night and probably the best way to do it. Unfortunately, I tried the first option since there was no hint on booking.com that the hotel offers this nice feature at a very reasonable price.

Special Features
The hotel offers an outstanding view, has two nice patio areas, and a bar. Both areas offer a nice view on the small river (Regnitz) where one can – for example - enjoy a pot of coffee & cake in the afternoon or a drink in the evening. It looks really inviting! Both patio areas have sunshades if the sun is too hot during the day - certainly two nice places to hang out and relax.

Spa
No Spa.

Price-Quality Ratio
This hotel is well priced and solid; the standard of my double deluxe room was (still) OK for a 3-star hotel. The location is excellent (in the old city centre).

Final Conclusions
This solid hotel comes with an outstanding view and a great location; all in all, the hotel offers lot’s of good things that make a stay really enjoyable. But, on the other hand, parking is a bit complicated and the breakfast is nothing special. However, I enjoyed my stay and I will gladly come back whenever I go to Bamberg.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed both the hotel and the convience to the sites. The hotel was very clean, the room was good size, it was very easy to walk to the center of historic Bamberg. My only complaint is that we had laundry done and it was very expensive but that may be what it would have been other places. But the hotel staff did not bring the clean laundry to our room (I had to ask for it and cary it up) For the price they should have delivered it. We ate breakfast outside in the front and the menu had good selections and the prices were good. The bar was very nice. There is a good view of the Town Hall. It is hard to get to. Our taxi from the train station stopped about a block from the hotel and we had to walk the rest of the way. There is one street that goes to it, but our ride to pick us up (not professional transfer) could not find it and walked to get us. Internet access was free ove the I-TV that was in the room. (german language icons)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was very clean and the rooms were comfortable and had everything we needed. We loved the location in the old part of Bamberg, on a bridge over the river. We particularly enjoyed our breakfast overlooking the river.

• Stayed December 2011
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

The hotel occupies a small building on an island in the middle of the river that flows through Bamberg. Our second-floor room had a great view. The location is very user-friendly from the standpoint of walking in Bamberg (and Bamberg is well worth a couple of days to explore on foot).
The building is old but has been re-done in a brusque, modern style that doesn't suit either the facility or its surroundings. The room was fairly spartan. Staff were pleasant enough but not all that engaged.
Parking is available at a municipal ramp some blocks away; unloading and getting luggage into the hotel is awkward and problematic.
A curious place but one we'll skip in the future.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Agree with many of the reviews on here - the place is beautifully located, nice restaurant and is very clean with good service.
Our room was in the modern annexe and we could not complain about anything.
Warm and clean and a great place to crash after a few smoked beers in the town.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Nepomuk? Share your experiences!