“no negative remarks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel Favorit Ludwigsburg

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel Favorit Ludwigsburg to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel Favorit Ludwigsburg
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Gartenstrasse 18, 71638 Ludwigsburg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Offers & Announcements
BREAKFAST INCLUDED!
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Ludwigsburg
Netherlands
“no negative remarks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Friendly, efficient staff, very nice and clean room with writing desk, have street side and inside rooms, garage € 7,50, which is closed at night, but will be opened for you. Normal, pretty big breakfast. Close to city centre, 5 min walk.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

10 minutes walk from the station, 5 minutes walk from the shops and 8 minutes walk from the Christmas Market.
Th hotel is small, spotless clean, warm (too warm at times) the rooms are well appointed, although there is no coffee making facilities, the bath shower room was excellent with a large walk in shower.
For us, visiting the Christmas Market, it couldn't have been bettered.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I was booked into this hotel by the conference organizers, who also paid for it directly, so I am not sure about the pricing. The hotel was okay, but it's ***, and one cannot demand too much from that. The hotel is in a side street very close to the city center and quite close to the tourist sites of Ludwigsburg, but it seems to cater more to travelling businessmen and engineers than to tourists. It is essentially a charmless, functional 70s building.

The room I was given at first was on the ground floor, tiny and dark, really depressing; I could exchange it for a fairly nice one under the roof with attic lights and thus no view, but spacy and friendly. Functional furniture, a simple bathroom; maintenance very well done (this is Swabia). One of my main problems, as I had a cold, was that they turn off the heat during the night to save energy, but I was given, with no qualms, an additional portable heater the next morning. I did like that Internet is for free, as are German land-line phone-calls; for foreigners who bring their cellphones, that can result in some serious savings. The minibar is not extortionist, which is unusual, i.e. prices are about double than what it would cost in a nearby supermarket, and that's fair. Breakfast was definitely nice for *** if not spectacular; not much local or fresh stuff, but good bread. I did get a bathrobe for free when I asked. Female staff was uniformly friendly; the male concierge, unusual for the area, was not and seemed bothered by guests and their requests.

Altogether, the stay was okay, but I just prefer hotels that are a bit more upscale. However, the Favorit is what it is, and if you get what you pay for, and if you don't pay too much, I guess it can be recommended. For a fun stay in Ludwigsburg, I would try something else though.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
hotelfavorit, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Favorit Ludwigsburg, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
Dear Aethelred,
thank you very much for your rating. Please note that our hotel is built in 1995. This summer we will completely renew our lobby, the breakfast restaurant and lots of bathrooms. We would appreciate to welcome you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

The overal impression was not very good because my single room was TOO small. Apart from that, staff was very good, breakfast was very good (more than I could expect from a not-so-big hotel) and everything was clean. More spacious bathroom with better amenities could be nice. TV was an old CRT but not bad. On the whole, a nice business hotel as long as you can get a double for single use. And the location is quiet but with a 3 minute walk you're in the city center! Note that, as always in Germany, internet is not cheap!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
hotelfavorit, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Favorit Ludwigsburg, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Dear menelaos1983, thank you very much for your rating. Please mind that instead of a room of our "classic category" you could have booked one of our "business" or "deluxe category" rooms, which are more spacious and equipped with brand new high-definition flat screen TVs. Since January 2011 we also provide FREE WiFi for our guests. We would appreciate to welcome you again soon!
Rogers, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

The rooms at Hotel Favorit were simple, clean, and furnished nicely. We had an extra single bed in the room for my son and there was still enough room to move about comfortably. The bathroom was in the room, with a shower. The location was good - just a few blocks from the square where the Christmas market is held and a little further from the palace. Also within easy walking distance of the train station, even when carrying a couple of bags. There was some street noise but I
always travel with earplugs, so it didn't bother me. The beds were okay. I was very hot at night and found myself in an all or nothing situation. It was a heavy down comforter or nothing. Our room was on the low side of high priced. Had we had more of a chance to look around before dark, we probably would have chosen another hotel. The real downside of this hotel I believe to be the staff who, with one notable exception, were unfriendly and somewhat discourteous. The exception was Hedi (hay-dee) who told me she only works every other weekend, so you are far more likely to get one of the other front desk
staff or owners. When I took laundry up to the front desk as instructed I was told to bring it back later. Since I didn't even open my mouth before they told me this, they didn't realize that I speak enough German to know that as I gathered up my wash they were making fun of me for bringing it up without a bag. There was no bag in the room, so whatever...

It is often said that Americans assume everyone speaks English. I am not such an American and believe that no one should assume that an American speaks only English. It is rude and offensive to mock someone
right to their face and assume they are unable to understand what you are saying.

I don't think we will stay here again, particularly now that we have re-familiarized ourselves with the town and saw quite a few other options. Had it been a real bargain, I might have been more willing to let the comments go, but when you have high rates, I expect your facility to earn them.

Stayed December 2007

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Favorit Ludwigsburg? Share your experiences!