“Good service in old hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Badenweiler Hof

Badenweiler Hof
You added Badenweiler Hof to your Saves list
Badenweiler Hof
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wilhelmstrasse 40, 79410 Badenweiler, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Badenweiler
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good service in old hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed here for a night and all was ok, room and breakfast average.
There was a small TV and all German channels, they should add other channel with english so tourist can more enjoy the room. Bathroom was cool. This hotel is old but still have good service, front desk very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Aalborg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights and this made me realize, that I’m may have been a bit critical, on a few Tripadvisor reviews.

The hotel room, at BadenWeiler Hof (#32) was equipped with a 10 inch TV with 5 German channels. Don’t get me wrong, the German channels can be good/ok, but imagine channels like TV-Shop channel and GOD TV synchronized into German language.
Furthermore is the bed ok, if you’re used to sleep in the bush or a cave in Afghanistan.
I would like to describe the room better, but I can’t.

Anyway I was greeted by the host in an odd kind of way (cannot be explained), and he told me about the facilities of the hotel, which took around 5 seconds: fitness room, the restaurant which only serves breakfast and to top it all off…wireless internet.

Yes, probably they have wireless internet, but not in my room, as the wireless extender was broken. I told the host, if he could order a new wireless extender, as I had to work, the reply was: “But then I need to order one ?!... and why can you not work in the reception” !

Great, did send some e-mails and needed a workout, to let some steam out. I could not wait to see the high-end fitness room…I opened the door to the fitness room and I must admit, that I started to cry when I saw the inventory. I’m sorry, but I cannot describe which equipment, was present. But it must have been purchased through TV-shop decades ago.

Well, after this episode I decided to go early to bed, as the amusement of this hotel drained me for energy, but not before a shower. WTH…no soap, not even in the sink!
Great hygiene standards they are having… so find alterative methods for greeting people, who are staying there…If you are shaking hands with people in the hotel, you asking for it.

Thank god, I nicked some soap from my recent stays in other hotels.

I’d paid 89 Euro/night and it may sound like a bargain for this holiday resort…..its not!
Maybe I should have noticed on the confirmation, that something was wrong, as the 89 Euros was including breakfast and …hold on….room cleaning?!
I did not have any breakfast there, as I just didn’t want to waste more time, than I already did.

Now to the positive remarks: they have warm/cold water, towels, toilet paper and the toilet flushes.

If you want to stay here, I only have one recommendation…..Don’t!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Badenweiler Hof? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Badenweiler Hof

Address: Wilhelmstrasse 40, 79410 Badenweiler, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Location: Germany > Baden-Wurttemberg > Badenweiler
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Restaurant Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Badenweiler
Hotel Class:3 star — Badenweiler Hof 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Badenweiler Hof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Badenweiler Hof, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.