I wanted to give Ocean Blue Five stars but can't quite bring myself to do so. It's good...but not perfect - we stayed in the Daymar Suite in July 2013.
- only a 30 second walk away from the beach and stunning coastal walks.
- very spacious living area and well equipped kitchen.
- nice garden area outside with table and sun chairs (unlike some of the other appartments that just had a small decking area).
- lovely hamper awaiting you upon arrival (bread, milk, bottle of wine, cheese, tea, coffee (although no filter paper), chocolate, crackers. However, paying the price that you do for your stay it could be argued that this should be expected?!
- generally very clean (although one toilet wasn't that clean and some items in the bathroom were rusty).
- very late chekin of 4pm. This was clearly stated at the time of booking and in the instructions that are sent out nearer the time. We arrived early and called to see if we could drop off our shopping. We were told on the phone that we couldn't get access. Fair enough as we were told beforehand....but our appartment was apparently ready?! We were told that even though this was the case, the person was on strict instructions not to admit guests early. To add insult to injury when we did arrive back at 1600 other people had been allowed in early!
- sea views are somewhat restricted. The master bedroom has sea views, but the view had to be enjoyed with the camping car park, fish and chip van and wall/ hedge in the foreground. If you sat down in the lounge or outside you could not see the sea.
- very hot. There were no fans nor AC system. As the appartment is on the ground floor and the doors/ windows do not have catches on them, you have to leave them wide open (we didn't feel comfortable doing this when sleeping) or slowly sweat! This was particually so with the back bedroom which looked literally onto the front door of another appartment - real lack of privacy too!
- Other little things. e.g. board games (it said that there were board games so we didn't end up brining any. In fact there was only one in the appartment with missing bits.), lack of storage in the back bedroom (no chest of draws. Large wardrobe but with only a few plastic coat hangers.), internet limited to 2GB for the week (not good if you have work to complete/ children with games that use a lot of data. Issue made worse by the fact that there is NO mobile reception there and as such, your more reliant on wifi), bins right by the entrance smelt (as it was hot they kicked up a real smell that you had to walk past to get in and out of the complex.), only one key per appartment (there was a key safe you could use but this was right at the back of the complex.), purple rug in lounge (has seen better days, as we were forever cleaning up the purple fluff from it.), and staff (everyone has rated the staff, but we only saw one chap right at the start who turned up in a blue top and football shorts that had paint all over them. Asked if we were ok and was gone in 20 seconds).
Note that you CAN NOT checkin before 1600/ early under any circumstances
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.