The rooms reflect the age and history of this former stately home; with a very modern bathroom. It is like stepping back in time. If you want a piece of history (built 1268) in beautiful grounds look no further. All the staff were professional and friendly. Being a real ale fan I loved the Stables bar and restaurant that sells approx 10 beers brewed on site at the hotel's microbrewery. A must for any real ale fan. We ate in the Stables restaurant - and were very impressed with the high quality of food and value for money. Breakfast in the Eden room was an experience, again great food in a beautiful period ballroom. I thoroughly recommend this hotel (and we didn't see any of its many ghosts!). My wife and I will definately be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th-century listed hall is set in 24 acres of parkland, just 5 miles from the A1(M)Junction 63. Beamish Hall is situated halfway between the City of Durham (8 miles) and the City of Newcastle upon Tyne (8 miles). Beamish Hall is next door to Beamish Museum - The North of England's Open Air Museum. Close to the Gateshead Metro Centre Shopping Centre and many more alternative attractions for you to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beamish Hall Country Hotel
- Beamish Hall Country Stanley
- BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall Hotel England