“A little bit of heaven!” 5 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   just off the A1, Beamish DH9 0YB, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beamish
Perth, Australia
“A little bit of heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Directly adjacent to Beamish Museum this lovely independently owned hotel is a real find. Professional and friendly staff take care of everything with a smile and nothing appears too much trouble. Check in is fast and informative, the room we stayed in overlooked beautifully manicured lawns and was furnished with just the right blend of antiques and modern necessities (flat screen tv / hair dryer / iron & ironing board). The breakfast room is a grand affair and a separate drawing room is set up for traditional afternoon tea. In the old stables a fine selection of beers from their own micro brewery compliments good old fashioned food - enough, just go there!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

This was my first visit and although I had a spot of trouble finding it in the dark without Sat Nav, I enjoyed my one night stay. It is a rather grand building with a huge reception area. The room I was in was only okay and overlooking a brick wall so no great view which I am sure other rooms would have. The bathroom was modern so no complaints there. I had a superb meal in the Stables bar, washed down with some great locally brewed beer and at £2.55 per pint!

Breakfast in the Eden room was good and the service excellent.

In the past I have stayed at another Best Western in the area, which although probably a better hotel and nearer the motorway for access, the food and drink here was better so I will probably come back here next time.

If you stay here enjoy it and make sure you taste the beers.

Brian from Home Exchange 50plus

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view and at the front of the building.
Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Southport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

A most impressive estate and house with country style decor in modern rooms. The service is friendly and efficient and the bar and dining facilities are more pub/bistro style than up-market hotel standards. Overall good value for money but dont expect country house elegance.

Room Tip: Front of hotel is quiet and rooms more spacious.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

What an absolute gem of an hotel, in immaculate surroundings and everything in keeping with the character of the building. We stayed for 4 nights and were looked after by some of the best hotel staff we have ever encountered,Breakfast in the Eden Room is an experience not to be missed, more to chose from than days in a week and all beautifully served. The Stables bar and restaurant is also to be highly recommended both for choice and quality of food and drink, all served by well trained and friendly staff.Our room overlooked the car park but this was not a problem as we only used the bedroom for its intended purpose.If you have never been then its time you saw it for yourself, a joy not to be missed.

Room Tip: Tell reception when booking exactly what you require.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Booked the hotel though the Best Western website (I'm a platinum card holder).
It was a business trip with a colleague and had booked two standard rooms, after checking in (greeted by a lovely receptionist) we went up to our rooms... These rooms were huge and fitted out with beautiful matching period furniture, cracking ensuite bathroom all this and free wifi.
Attached to the back of the hotel is a brilliant restaurant / bar, they brew their own real ale, we both sampled a "few" of these great beers.
The breakfast is served in one of the great halls, a good continental (self serve) breakfast and again great service for the full good breakfast.
Upon checking out i asked if we had had a standard room, we had both been upgraded to a deluxe room because of my Platinum Best Western membership.

A*****

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and parents had booked this hotel through Secret Escapes website for a discounted rate which we would have been very happy with if we were given two of the standard rooms. However, on arrival at the hotel, we were informed that due to a wedding party staying, we had been upgraded to the Charron Appartment at the top of the hotel. What can I say, it was the most beautiful suite consisting of kitchen/diner, lounge, dining room and 2 bedrooms with ensuite all with gorgeous decor and imaculately clean. It was huge(!) so needless to say we were very happy. Food in the Stables restaurant was good and the band playing live music there were fantastic. A great stay with great service. Will definitely return. Thank you Beamish Hall Hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
South Shields, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

just arrived back from Beamish Hall incandescent after the way my partner and I were ambushed whilst checking out.. We were charged £100 by them because a member of staff had seen one of us smoking out of the bedroom window !!! They claimed that the room would now have to be DEEP CLEANED. They said this without checking the room after I stipulated that one cigarette smoked out of a window would not mean a deep clean.. We paid the penalty as we were in a hurry to get back to our children,plus the fact that we were embarrassed and made to feel like criminals in front of other customers at reception. Since leaving I have contacted a lawyer about this. I have visited many hotels around the world and I have never experienced anything like it..If i had realised I was to be charged I would have made sure the room needed a deep clean by chain smoking the whole time I was there. I am aware it was a no smoking hotel,but I had one cig out of the window as it was early in the morning before I was dressed otherwise I would have went outside as I had done previously. I now wish in retrospect we had not payed this penalty and had asked for the Police to be called which really would'nt have been good for the image of this place. I would love to know what they could have done about about if i had'nt been seen, do they bill customers after they have returned home. I think not !!! So my advice to anyone that smokes even a little, do not go there because an over eager member of staff may end up costing you a £100, I wonder if they are on commission of this stealth tax. To finish it really is pretty run down and not what I was expecting. In the tiny double room 204 was a chair that was'nt safe to sit on, the bed was too small, the whole interior did'nt match the granduer of the building. I had'nt planned to return before the £100 fine,and now I will put everyone else off who mentions this place !!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!