“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NH Geneva Airport

Save Saved
You added NH Geneva Airport to your Saves list
NH Geneva Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. De Mategnin, 21, Meyrin, Geneva 1217, Switzerland (Formerly Movenpick / Tulip Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Meyrin
Krefeld
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at the NH to get an early flight the next day. We booked via internet and got a very good rate. Arriving at the hotel we were upgraded to a junior suite. However the junior suite was the size of a normal hotel room in other locations. Everything was appealing and clean. The room and the bathroom were furnished in a modern style.
We had no breakfast, as we left early.
There is a shuttle to the airport and we were lucky to start immediately after arriving both rides.
I definetly can recommend the hotel as airport accomodation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Got stuck in Geneva as snow caused my flight to be cancelled. Found the NH Geneva Airport at the last minute through booking.com for 7 rooms (we had a large party!)

Amidst the chaos of the number of expected guests for that evening doubling within 90 minutes, the hotel staff performed excellently and were all very helpful. The rooms themselves were modern, clean and comfortable and far exceeded what I had anticipated for an airport hotel. There is some flight noise but what can you expect when you are staying at the airport!

The shower is badly designed and leaks water but it a great shower otherwise.

Food in the restaurant was pretty good and the staff went to a lot of effort to ensure we got fed even though the kitchen was understaffed and not expecting so many covers that evening.

Overall, a very good stay and a good introduction to the NH chain. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lucerne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hotel room was good sized and the bathroom was modern and clean. Toiletries were supplied and there was also a mini bar and you could make coffee or tea for yourself in your room which was great. Staff were really helpful and friendly. The bar was very outdated and empty, not really anywhere you would want to spend long. The staff helped me to find the tram into Geneva - the stop is just round the corner and it runs about every 8 minutes. They also gave me a free travel ticket.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ayr, scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a one night stop over. It may be near the airport but certainly not walking distance near! We waited close to 30 minutes for the hotel shuttle from the airport which wasn't the best of starts.
However, the reception procedure was efficient, the rooms were modern and clean, and staff helpful. We didn't eat there but noticed the breakfast was 30 Swiss Francs which is quite pricey!
If you are looking for a moderately priced overnight stay in a good room and are not fussed at having other facilities on your doorstep then this could be for you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Just 5 minutes ride (free of traffic) from GVA airport, NH is a very nice hotel up to its 4 star standards. Staff at front desk a bit stiff, but at the end of the day you are in Geneva where people are not so warm hearted anyway. Room was quite spacious, with modern furniture and comfy bed. The only drawback was the AC system which was quite loud if you put it on maximum, which with -9 outside was the only option to get the room temperature to acceptable level. I lowered the power in order to sleep. Having read many reviews containing complaints about plane noise, must say that I didnt experience any noise on none of 2 nights I stayed at hotel. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Spent one night here on 09/12/12. Check in was fast and trouble free. Had a late dinner in the restaurant which was plesent. A special mention to the waiter who was friendly and efficient and made us feel welcome.
Room was basic but comfortable however as previously mentioned noisy in the morning when the flights begin landing.

My main comlaint with this hotel was the two reception staff present the morning I checked out. While awaiting a friend i sat in the reception area on my computer. I inadvertently let my passport fall from my pocket onto the chair. I then proceeded to the airport where I realised I had lost my passport. I immediately retraced my steps and having checked everywhere else I concluded it could oly be in the hotel. I immediately called the hotel reception ad described to the receptionist where I had been sitting and asked her to look stressing that I was rushing for flight. She put me on hold and returned saying she had checked all over the reception area and found nothing but if she found it would send it to me. I called agai twice to ask her to double check and she proceeded to become surly on the phone

I then decided to get a taxi back to look for myself. Within 10 seconds of entering the reception area I had spotted the passport sitting in the same place it had fallen from my pocket. It was in no way concealed. It was sitting in plain sight in the chair. All i could conclude was that the reception staff had lied about looking for the passport because if they had they would have found it immediately. This would have saved me innumerable amounts of stress and anxiety but instead they lied.

I understand that it is my fault for losing the passport in the first instance however the terrible reception staff where worse than no help. If i hadn't of taken the chance to return to the hotel I would have missed my flight and been stuck in geneva.

I welcome comment from a member of staff from the hotel should they dispute this.

For the record I was resident in the hotel for 1night in room 408 on 09/12/12.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Was there for a 3 night business trip. Hotel is a hop from the airport with a free shuttle service. It's also a 10 min walk away from the tpg station ( public transport system that includes buses, trams and trolley buses covering literally all of the city). Breakfast buffet is nice, rooms have the basic stuff expected from a 4 star hotel- shower cabins need to be widened though!...also, the bathroom amenities aren't that great.

The major set-back are the beds.....terrible sleep quality....beds are 2 separate beds pushed together to form a king bed. Cool ! noooooooooo , they move! and I mean move every time you left your arm or leg ! mattresses are hard and pillows are very thin that I had to use 3.....to sum it.....worst sleeping quality I've ever encountered in a hotel ever!.

What made me like the whole experience despite the other drawbacks was the excellent service by the staff...they surpassed my expectations by far. They always did their utmost best to satisfy my demands up to the point that the reception lady had to fix the public reception printer by herself and made multiple runs back and forth to amend the problem. Their attitude was so friendly and welcoming and made my stay pleasurable at all times......I will definitely come back again when in Geneva just because of the friendly attitude of the staff there ( despite the low quality beds).

Overall, not a bad choice, good value and practical.....

Room Tip: if you like your quietness, choose a room with a window overlooking the central garden.