“Hotel ok, Morning reception staff terrible.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of NH Geneva Airport

Save Saved
You added NH Geneva Airport to your Saves list
NH Geneva Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Ave de Mategnin, Meyrin, Geneva 1217, Switzerland (Formerly Movenpick / Tulip Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Buffet Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Meyrin
“Hotel ok, Morning reception staff terrible.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Spent one night here on 09/12/12. Check in was fast and trouble free. Had a late dinner in the restaurant which was plesent. A special mention to the waiter who was friendly and efficient and made us feel welcome.
Room was basic but comfortable however as previously mentioned noisy in the morning when the flights begin landing.

My main comlaint with this hotel was the two reception staff present the morning I checked out. While awaiting a friend i sat in the reception area on my computer. I inadvertently let my passport fall from my pocket onto the chair. I then proceeded to the airport where I realised I had lost my passport. I immediately retraced my steps and having checked everywhere else I concluded it could oly be in the hotel. I immediately called the hotel reception ad described to the receptionist where I had been sitting and asked her to look stressing that I was rushing for flight. She put me on hold and returned saying she had checked all over the reception area and found nothing but if she found it would send it to me. I called agai twice to ask her to double check and she proceeded to become surly on the phone

I then decided to get a taxi back to look for myself. Within 10 seconds of entering the reception area I had spotted the passport sitting in the same place it had fallen from my pocket. It was in no way concealed. It was sitting in plain sight in the chair. All i could conclude was that the reception staff had lied about looking for the passport because if they had they would have found it immediately. This would have saved me innumerable amounts of stress and anxiety but instead they lied.

I understand that it is my fault for losing the passport in the first instance however the terrible reception staff where worse than no help. If i hadn't of taken the chance to return to the hotel I would have missed my flight and been stuck in geneva.

I welcome comment from a member of staff from the hotel should they dispute this.

For the record I was resident in the hotel for 1night in room 408 on 09/12/12.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Was there for a 3 night business trip. Hotel is a hop from the airport with a free shuttle service. It's also a 10 min walk away from the tpg station ( public transport system that includes buses, trams and trolley buses covering literally all of the city). Breakfast buffet is nice, rooms have the basic stuff expected from a 4 star hotel- shower cabins need to be widened though!...also, the bathroom amenities aren't that great.

The major set-back are the beds.....terrible sleep quality....beds are 2 separate beds pushed together to form a king bed. Cool ! noooooooooo , they move! and I mean move every time you left your arm or leg ! mattresses are hard and pillows are very thin that I had to use 3.....to sum it.....worst sleeping quality I've ever encountered in a hotel ever!.

What made me like the whole experience despite the other drawbacks was the excellent service by the staff...they surpassed my expectations by far. They always did their utmost best to satisfy my demands up to the point that the reception lady had to fix the public reception printer by herself and made multiple runs back and forth to amend the problem. Their attitude was so friendly and welcoming and made my stay pleasurable at all times......I will definitely come back again when in Geneva just because of the friendly attitude of the staff there ( despite the low quality beds).

Overall, not a bad choice, good value and practical.....

Room Tip: if you like your quietness, choose a room with a window overlooking the central garden.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Central Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Many of the other reviews capture the sense of the hotel accurately - the positives are a friendly team at reception and in the restaurant/bar and the hotel is close to the airport, well connected by travel links and offers a frequent shuttle bus free of charge. The reception is littered with upsell opportunities - better rooms, breakfast etc. Wifi was available in my room but only because it was close enough to reception to pick up on the public service and they offered a voucher to extend coverage beyond the free period at no charge. The room was Ok - frustrating to have to ask for an iron to prepare a shirt though. My main gripe was the lack of sound insulation when flights started to arrive into Geneva airport in the morning.

There was nothing really bad about the hotel but at the same time it isn't somewhere I plan to rush back to try again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here for a few days on business, had a twin room which was very modern and spacious.
The bathroom was a fair size, following a few reviews on here I thought that it might be small but was just right.
If you like, you can have a housecoat from reception and also a handle to open the window in the room.
The hotel is a circle, with rooms either internal looking over the restaurant or external. If you like the airport, ask for a third floor room with views of the runway, or if you want quiet then stay on the 1st floor.
There is free wifi in the public areas which is fine, the bar and restaurant are downstairs and ok, but very expensive - a burger and chips was 32CHF and a beer about 9CHF.
Breakfast is a buffet, with some hot food but not the best sausage or bacon.
There is also a complimentary shuttle to the airport - about an 8 minute drive. This starts at 5am so should be ok for most flights

Room Tip: ask for a first floor for peace and quiet - or third floor for views of the airport
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice hotel close to the airport. The shuttle pick up is regular and takes 10 mins. The reception staff were very welcoming and helpful directing us into the town, a tram stop is an easy walk away. The tram runs straight into Geneva old town and takes about 20mins. The rooms were very clean and the beds very comfortable. WiFi is only free in the public areas which is not so good but served it's purpose well. Breakfast was no more expensive than a terrible hotel we stayed at near Gatwick, £15pp upwards seems to be the norm now. Not good value in my book which is why we don't bother, we use the airport lounges instead. Would happily stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This time I stayed in NH hotel - Geneva Airport. I booked standard room. Generally speeking it is good hotel, close tram station, close airpoort with free shuttle, moving each 20 min. Hotel is clean, hotels staff very kindly and helpful (exept driver).
But WiFi is free only in public spaces, not in the rooms. Breakfast is expensive, other meal also, I decide not take it. On airport you have good choice, and cheaper food. Advance is in-room safe, bathroom have enough spaces, but shower cabin is very small. And at least, for smoker good news- hotel have smoking rooms.

Room Tip: Try to get room on 2th floor, you can maybe cach free wifi from loby.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

You walk in,reception is very poor,lack of hospitality ,try to sell to upgrade room by paying CHF 30,breakfast is expensive.Asked for local yellow pages,receptionist said they have not got it,asked another guy from restaurant,then we get it.Wi Fi is allowed for one hour near lobby

Room Tip: Pay extra chf 30 to get double bed
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to NH Geneva Airport? Share your experiences!