“Great trail maintenance” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Cross-country Ski Areas, Sports
Activities: Skiing, Cross-country skiing
More attraction details
Owner description: Silver Star Mountain Resort is nestled in B.C.'s spectacular Okanagan Valley, only one hour from Kelowna International Airport (YLW). Skiers and riders come from around the world for the quaint and colourful village, and a vast mountain offering terrain for all. Silver Star offers Canada's only all-inclusive lift ticket and season pass. My1Pass is your ticket to more than 3,000 acres of groomed cruisers and deep powder, Nordic and snow shoe trails, Brewer's Pond and Tube Town. With fine dining, lively bars and unique shopping, Silver Star Mountain Resort is the best winter vacation in B.C.!
Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Great trail maintenance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spent the day at the hill. Trails were in great condition for end of season. A bit busy, but all staff (from pro-shop to repair to lifties) were very friendly and relaxed. Parking was well organized, as were the lift line-ups. Well marked trails made me feel confident, since it was my first time riding at Silver Star. All-in-all it was a great day!

Visited September 2013

Sidney, Canada
“Home of the Mile High Wine Festival and great skiing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have skied at Silver Star for many years and the mountain offers year round enjoyment. The skiing on Okanagan Powder has something to offer any level of skier. This is not a "Whistler" ski Village but a good family mountain with lots to do, including 10 pin bowling!
Very popular mountain biking in the summer or just ride the chairlift and check out the wildflowers and enjoy the views.

Visited August 2013
Brisbane
39 attraction reviews
“Call the realtor, we're moving here !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The operators ar Silver Star should be commended for providing a diverse experience in a family friendly manner.

Dining to suit everyone, plenty of variety in accom, and the slopes ? it's hard to imagine it gets much better than this.

Visited January 2013
Fort Smith, Northwest Territories, Canada
“Awesome Mountain Biking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We spent a weekend here in July while my wife was attending the Trek Dirt Series Camp. It was my first time biking on a mountain where you could take the lift up and then enjoy the trails down.

There was a great mix of trails from beginner to advanced. I was on a XC bike so not trying anything too extreme, but had more than enough to keep me busy for the day. I spent a couple of hours in their XC park as well. This is a good start and will get better as they continue to expand.

The lift prices seemed reasonable, as were rental rates for armor. Their repair shop was very helpful as well getting my brakes and gears fixed up for me in around a half hour - pretty quick when they were obviously very busy!

This was a great first experience and can't wait to come back!

Visited July 2013
Ottawa, Canada
20 attraction reviews
“Short trip, unique resort and architecture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We went to Silver Star mid week in July on a very warm and sunny day, in Vernon. By the time we got to the resort, it was only 8 degrees celcius. Thankfully, I had a hoodie, which helped, but my shorts and Keen sandals just weren't cutting it. My wife was similarly dressed so we kept our visit short. We laughed, acting like a couple of dumb tourists that never ventured into the mountain tops. We are avid skiers and should have known better! It was nice to see activity there in the summer. It was pretty busy with mountain bikers. We enjoyed the unique architecture of the place. We will go back for a few days in the winter for sure on our next visit to the area.

Visited July 2013