“Loved this small laid back hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Auberge de la Petite Anse

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Anse des Flamands
Auberge de la Petite Anse
Anse des Flamands 97095, St Barthelemy   |
DC
“Loved this small laid back hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

No frills spot that is TOUGH TO BEAT. Surrounded by three of the coolest, most isolated beaches on the island.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

Sugar the the staff are the best!
The view is the best on the island.
Not pretentious, like the rest of St. Barts.
Clean rooms with good kitchens.
I wouldn't go to St. Barts if I couldn't stay there.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
lowcountry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2008

I have been staying at Auberge de la Petite Anse for many years and wouldn't consider anywhere else. Suger and his staff go out of their way to make your visit pleasant. I always feel like I'm returning home. The accomodations are private, immaculate and the view is spectacular. I love the proximity to the path to Colombier - absolutely magical hike. Can't say enough about Auberge - why would you waste your money anywhere else??? The memories and friendships that have been made at that location will last a lifetime. Merci Beaucoup, Suger !!

Stayed March 2007
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

This place is adorable and right above the water about 10ft! Its PRIVATE , you look out and see only water , rocks, and cliff side. I arrived ,no place , other place gave away my room! So I was guided to Petite Anse. What a great guy. St Barths native, kind, sweet, will do anything to make you happy. And know Ive been to Capri , Greek Islands, Tahiti, and many more greats. If you want 5 star go to Isle De France, Flamands little ruff beach but gorgeous, or Toms hotel right on StJeans beach, or Eden Rock, old time,. tradition. BUT This place was perfect for me. It had a firm bed, clean room, white sheets, great view,huge balcony, a HIKE entrance to Columbia beach, (which people drive and walk to do) so if your a hiker, look no further. When Im in Turks n Caqouis or other tropics, there are mosquitos. This hotel had them but I put ac on when I left for dinner, on 23 and lit, 1 raid smoker kills mosquitos. I took dramatic measures, so when I was home , Id put air 23-24 and slept like a baby. I hate bugs, and there are some there, like normal, tropics. I used OFF 30 sunscreen daily for beach and found it great at night also(believe me I hate chemicals, but mosq bites suck, so off lotion is great. I think I got 2 bites in 10 days(also we had rain, so, we had more than the norm) Also fair skinned mosquitos love me. So this place clean, spacious, great view, over looking bay. Simple, no tv , radio, refreshing, huge balconys , seperate kitchens. Truly Suger(pron. shoe sher) was such a kind wonderful host , if you need him hes there, if not he stays away. Also daily maid service. This is a very simple clean nice hotel. Its like 5 ,2 story houses , side by side, hanging off a cliff, and you pull your car right up to your door, which I loved!
Go to Govenear Beach, Salines, Columbia, for nature, and go to StJeans for a little life, drinks, ice creme from LaPlague right on beach chair rentals or Nikki beach other side of Eden Rock. Truly an amazing vacation! Also sometimes they will include rental cars with a package, great to go April 15 ish-Nov, off season, half price rates. I like water, and need to be on it , in it
or right next to it. This place is a find, I was hesitant to write , cause Ill need a place to stay , but you gotta give I was a die hard T advisor before I left.
If money was no option, you have villas with pools for 20,000 a week, or there are about 5 4-5 star beautiful resorts.
Have a great time. Rent a smart car, or a Jeep! Grocery stores great for picnic beaches. This island was far more chill than I ever thought!!People I met were repeat customers. ou can be down home at Eddys, or LeSelect or White linen it to Pa Cri, Jao, Nikki on the strand, Eden Rock great for a drink or dinner, what a view. its so cool, I could go on and on. :)I think its the best over all vacation I ve ever been on??Thats strong. But it has everything all on a tiny very low key place, nothing over 2 storys I I think, no lights no signs, its really great , hip, natural , chic, and cool

• Liked — Friendliness, had answers and requests on demand! He was so accomadating and nice
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2005

I have just started to use this site and find it helpful and a little overwhelming as well. Nonetheless, for those who want peace and quiet and to save their money for the restaurants (Mayas) then we highly recommend this. Situated on the best beach and closest to Gouvener the location is great. The only challenge is driving the little roads in the dark in your Moke. Clean, owners are friendly and the price is right.

• Stayed February 2000

Been to Auberge de la Petite Anse? Share your experiences!