“Paradise!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Auberge de la Petite Anse

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Anse des Flamands
Auberge de la Petite Anse
You added Auberge de la Petite Anse to your Saves list
Anse des Flamands 97095, St Barthelemy   |
Mesa, Arizona
“Paradise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We spent three nights here, February 15-18, 2014. What a great hidden gem in St. Barts! I would definately return, and hopefully stay longer. The walk to Columbier was amazing and the beach was well worth the walk! The room was clean and comfortable (although we were wishing for a queen size bed) as was the bathroom and kitchen area. This place is quiet and rustic and perfect for people who don't require any glitz or glam. We stopped at LeMarche for groceries and drinks and only went out to eat once, and that was to Andy's Hideaway, because we love his pizza! Very romantic, private balcony that over looks the ocean.

Room Tip: Room #4 is a little too far away to get any internet coverage
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Having lived in St Maarten for 10 years and working In St Barth 6 of those years back in the late 80's & early 90's, I had fallen in love with St Barths many years ago and got to know many faces & local families. I always loved the Flammnds/Petit Anse area then as it was where you take the trail to Colombier beach.

Fast forward 18 years... Booked via email with Suger without difficulty during low season and effortlessly picked up included car rental from Solei Caraibe upon arriving via WinAir from St Kitts. From the airport its a short drive to the north-west part of the island (10 mins) and at the end of the road past Flamands beach.

Suger gave me a room near the office with a view to kill for. Actually I am confident every room there has the same amazing view which looks towards Pinel Island, St Martin & Angullia. During my stay, the kitchenette came in handy for self catering which can save one a ton of euros on this island! There is WiFi included which works well especially if you are closer to the office. I was able to Facetime via iPad without any issues. The breeze and surf below the balcony is just amazing. A true FWI experience!

During my early years in St Barth, I got the stay at nearly every well known hotel on the island including ones that now have rooms for $1000+ (my old job provided), however in today's economy, this place is a truly great value! I cannot stress that enough! The location, tranquility and sheer beauty of this end of the island make Auberge de la Petite Anse a winner in the budget/features/location ratio!

Yes, there is no TV or alarm clock... there is absolutely no need for that here. This place is a true French Antilles experience. Instead you can walk to 3 beaches and a great creole restaurant or easily drive to Gustavia or St Jean in 10 minutes. There is decent snorkeling in the cove as well. I highly recommend a stay here if you value your wallet! The rates in the off-season are a tremendous deal with car included! I am going back next month and look forward to staying here again!

Room Tip: Try an upper unit
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
George Town, Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Wow, I spent only 3 nights there in June, but I will definitely be back. First let me tell you what you won't get. I stayed in room #2 and there wasn't a TV or an alarm clock radio. To me, not a big deal at all. Trust me, if you are there to watch TV, go find an expensive resort. I spent 80% of my time that I was in the room sitting on the balcony watching the waves. I brought a little Mp3 player that had speakers on it and also had FM radio, so I could listen to the radio. That was fine with me. But you might want to bring a small radio with you if you would like to listen to local French music and news.
Also, the WiFi was pretty hit or miss in room #2. However, there is a signal, so I am guessing rooms closer to the office probably get the signal. Once again, no big deal to me, wasn't there to be on the internet all day.
Suger, the owner is great. The room is simple yet functional, PLUS you get this kitchen that in room #2 is off to the right of the balcony. Has a good sized fridge and freezer, small oven and stove top. No microwave, but again, no big deal. Has all utensils, pots, pans, plates, etc. This will save you a TON of money in St. Barts since it is very expensive to go out and eat and drink. Just imagine, you can get some beer or wine from the store and enjoy it on the balcony with an amazing view. Maid service was great, plenty of towels to use for shower and the beach. Nice little safe in the room for passports, loose dollars and euros.
The cove that you can swim and snorkel is about a 30 second walk away and down some stairs. Flamands beach is about a 3 minute walk down the road. It is a very nice wide open beach with a few fancy restaurants/resorts located along the beach. I didn't eat at any of them, but I sure they are nice by how they looked.
All in all, I was VERY happy with Auberge de la Petite Anse. If you have any questions, message me on here. Also, the rental car that is included during low season is an amazing deal! Thanks Suger and Auberge de la Petite Anse!
I wish I could the "value" portion of this review 10 stars!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
santa barbara, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

just got back from st barths. spent 10 days at the hotel and had a great time. well-run place, good accommodations, right on a small beach. the owner is easy to relate to and very helpful.
for those that don't need a lot of pampering it's a good place to hang-out in st barth. i hope to come back soon. hopefully the dollar will have strengthened by then. thanks again, Suger

Room Tip: all the rooms are decent. if you want the internet, the rooms closest to the office gets the best r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had a great stay here! The place is very well kept and well managed by Suger who is such a nice and gracious host! All the rooms have amazing views because they're on the cliffs right over the water. You can also see Petite Anse where the local kids come to play because it's a natural swimming pool! The location is great because the entrance to the hike for Colombier is an easy walk up the road (2 min) and Flamands is an easy drive away (2 min). It's perfect if you want to come enjoy the beaches without much hassle and do your own thing in terms of food (has a kitchen) if you want. It's like staying at the beach house of a friend. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We found the place to stay in St. Barths if you are o.k. with basic accommodations and a million dollar view with a wonderful host this is the spot for you, Auberge De La Petite Anse on the gorgeous area of Flamands. Our room was above crashing waves and the most beautiful view of the ocean. We had a little kitchen enough to make coffee and have breakfast every morning sitting on our front porch looking at the view. Minutes from the beautiful beach of Flamands with their very overpriced hotels. We could walk to a great little creole restaurant and a more formal restaurant right down the road. We will be back for sure Sugier, the owner was so warm and wonderful I highly recommend this little gem.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a wonderful view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

There is no better place on St Barths than APA, no wonder that people try to keep it a secret. The view from the rooms is the best on the island, and for the price it is exceptionally good value. Suger goes out of his way to help you in anyway he can. If you like boutique hotels/ resorts then this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Auberge de la Petite Anse? Share your experiences!