“Absolutely amazing deal at a great place in the best Caribbean island!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Auberge de la Petite Anse

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Anse des Flamands
Auberge de la Petite Anse
Save Saved
You added Auberge de la Petite Anse to your Saves list
Anse des Flamands 97095, St Barthelemy   |
George Town, Grand Cayman
“Absolutely amazing deal at a great place in the best Caribbean island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Wow, I spent only 3 nights there in June, but I will definitely be back. First let me tell you what you won't get. I stayed in room #2 and there wasn't a TV or an alarm clock radio. To me, not a big deal at all. Trust me, if you are there to watch TV, go find an expensive resort. I spent 80% of my time that I was in the room sitting on the balcony watching the waves. I brought a little Mp3 player that had speakers on it and also had FM radio, so I could listen to the radio. That was fine with me. But you might want to bring a small radio with you if you would like to listen to local French music and news.
Also, the WiFi was pretty hit or miss in room #2. However, there is a signal, so I am guessing rooms closer to the office probably get the signal. Once again, no big deal to me, wasn't there to be on the internet all day.
Suger, the owner is great. The room is simple yet functional, PLUS you get this kitchen that in room #2 is off to the right of the balcony. Has a good sized fridge and freezer, small oven and stove top. No microwave, but again, no big deal. Has all utensils, pots, pans, plates, etc. This will save you a TON of money in St. Barts since it is very expensive to go out and eat and drink. Just imagine, you can get some beer or wine from the store and enjoy it on the balcony with an amazing view. Maid service was great, plenty of towels to use for shower and the beach. Nice little safe in the room for passports, loose dollars and euros.
The cove that you can swim and snorkel is about a 30 second walk away and down some stairs. Flamands beach is about a 3 minute walk down the road. It is a very nice wide open beach with a few fancy restaurants/resorts located along the beach. I didn't eat at any of them, but I sure they are nice by how they looked.
All in all, I was VERY happy with Auberge de la Petite Anse. If you have any questions, message me on here. Also, the rental car that is included during low season is an amazing deal! Thanks Suger and Auberge de la Petite Anse!
I wish I could the "value" portion of this review 10 stars!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
santa barbara, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

just got back from st barths. spent 10 days at the hotel and had a great time. well-run place, good accommodations, right on a small beach. the owner is easy to relate to and very helpful.
for those that don't need a lot of pampering it's a good place to hang-out in st barth. i hope to come back soon. hopefully the dollar will have strengthened by then. thanks again, Suger

Room Tip: all the rooms are decent. if you want the internet, the rooms closest to the office gets the best r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had a great stay here! The place is very well kept and well managed by Suger who is such a nice and gracious host! All the rooms have amazing views because they're on the cliffs right over the water. You can also see Petite Anse where the local kids come to play because it's a natural swimming pool! The location is great because the entrance to the hike for Colombier is an easy walk up the road (2 min) and Flamands is an easy drive away (2 min). It's perfect if you want to come enjoy the beaches without much hassle and do your own thing in terms of food (has a kitchen) if you want. It's like staying at the beach house of a friend. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We found the place to stay in St. Barths if you are o.k. with basic accommodations and a million dollar view with a wonderful host this is the spot for you, Auberge De La Petite Anse on the gorgeous area of Flamands. Our room was above crashing waves and the most beautiful view of the ocean. We had a little kitchen enough to make coffee and have breakfast every morning sitting on our front porch looking at the view. Minutes from the beautiful beach of Flamands with their very overpriced hotels. We could walk to a great little creole restaurant and a more formal restaurant right down the road. We will be back for sure Sugier, the owner was so warm and wonderful I highly recommend this little gem.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a wonderful view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

There is no better place on St Barths than APA, no wonder that people try to keep it a secret. The view from the rooms is the best on the island, and for the price it is exceptionally good value. Suger goes out of his way to help you in anyway he can. If you like boutique hotels/ resorts then this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Not only is The APA the pricing find of the century, but also the snorkeling is no better on the island than in the cove right down below your room. The locals try to keep this to themselves.

Room Tip: All rooms are efficiency apartments. Not fancy but a very good bargain. This is our 2nd stay and w...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Okay, so this place doesn't feel luxurious. The decor is a bit tired (although LOVE the sort of antique writing desk, so where tired, perhaps read 'quaint'), but there is SO MUCH SPACE. I had a double and a single bed in my room and a HUGE bathroom and toilet, big balcony and decent kitchen. It was very reasonably priced. There's wifi if you're interested, although not in my room but nearby. I felt like I was in heaven. The beach is divine (the Petite Anse right on your doorstep or Flamand down the road) and being there in June I was pretty much on my own some days! Yes, Surgere is delightful, flexible and super-friendly. The staff are diligent and helpful. Everything is clean. I can't fault it. I moved to town in the end to be nearer my friends who lived there. The hotel was more modern, but I missed the tranquility and space of La Petite Anse. Go there if you want to get away from everyone and everything. A car is included - I don't drive, but I'd say that that's a bargain.

Room Tip: Pretty sure they all have a sea-view. If you want wifi, ask for one nearer the office. Oh, I was i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Auberge de la Petite Anse? Share your experiences!