“Snorkeling par excellence.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Auberge de la Petite Anse

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Anse des Flamands
Auberge de la Petite Anse
You added Auberge de la Petite Anse to your Saves list
Anse des Flamands 97095, St Barthelemy   |
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
“Snorkeling par excellence.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Not only is The APA the pricing find of the century, but also the snorkeling is no better on the island than in the cove right down below your room. The locals try to keep this to themselves.

Room Tip: All rooms are efficiency apartments. Not fancy but a very good bargain. This is our 2nd stay and w...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Okay, so this place doesn't feel luxurious. The decor is a bit tired (although LOVE the sort of antique writing desk, so where tired, perhaps read 'quaint'), but there is SO MUCH SPACE. I had a double and a single bed in my room and a HUGE bathroom and toilet, big balcony and decent kitchen. It was very reasonably priced. There's wifi if you're interested, although not in my room but nearby. I felt like I was in heaven. The beach is divine (the Petite Anse right on your doorstep or Flamand down the road) and being there in June I was pretty much on my own some days! Yes, Surgere is delightful, flexible and super-friendly. The staff are diligent and helpful. Everything is clean. I can't fault it. I moved to town in the end to be nearer my friends who lived there. The hotel was more modern, but I missed the tranquility and space of La Petite Anse. Go there if you want to get away from everyone and everything. A car is included - I don't drive, but I'd say that that's a bargain.

Room Tip: Pretty sure they all have a sea-view. If you want wifi, ask for one nearer the office. Oh, I was i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

What a beautiful surprise to find when we arrived here that our modest but very comfortable "rooms at the Inn," included a most spectacular view! The Inn is located at the end of the road, so it's also very quiet and has a private feel to the accomodations. The hotel overlooks a beautiful cove where only steps from our door, I snorkeled at least twice a day without having to drive a car, or take a bus or a boat to get there! The hospitality and friendliness of our host, Suger, and his hard-working and dedicated staff made us feel immediately at home in St. Barth's, as well as comfortable knowing they were always there to help us with anything we needed, to include finding and returning to the States, my lost cell phone! If we weren't in the gorgeous water, on one of the many beautiful beaches or touring the island in the car which came with our reservations, we were relaxing on our lovely little balcony, which(along with the kitchenette) really make these accomodations a unique and appreciated value. We loved the trek(right from our front door) to the quiet and pristine Colombier Beach, which is well worth the hike, as well as the easy walks into the town of Flamands with its own picture perfect beach! Needless to say we eagerly look forward to returning to this little bit of paradise on earth! Thank you Suger for a most memorable week!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ridgeway, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is our 3rd trip to St. Barth and must say we have found the best place. Other reviews are correct in that it is nothing fancy, but it works. It is clean and in good condition. The view is amazing. Sugar is extremely friendly and informative. I loved loved loved the location. We hiked to Columbier every day - it's my favorite beach. For the price that this hotel offers, we can continue to make yearly trips back - thanks!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012 via mobile

This hotel feels like your own private villa on st Bart's. It is not the most deluxe but, we love that all of the rooms have their own kitchenettes......so you can save a few euros not having to eat out all other time......and you can also get the most amazing epicerie at la petite Colombie bakery , yum!
The best part though is that the hotel is located at the end of the road, which then becomes a great hiking trail that takes you to the most lovely little private beach. Amazing. We would do this twice a day, so we had a great workout and did not have to deal with any crowds at any time.
I would love to see them replace the mattresses but otherwise, I highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2012
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Blissful. Fabulous views. Location par excellence. Real value for your Euro.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Chester, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Stayed here from 3/27 to 4/2 2011 with my wife for our third trip to SBH.

We had a nice room, got a car included with our hotel room too. The room had a double and a singel bed, a large bathroom , lots of closet space, a terrace and a kitchen off the side of the terrace. we were on the top floor and had a spectacular view of the cove and the undeveloped hills and cliffs to our left. No TV....and I didn't miss it one bit. Nice breezes blow through at night. There was a good air conditioner to keep the room comfortable during the day.

There is a beautiful beach near this hotel called Columbier which you can only get to by foot or boat. The foot trail to get to Columbier starts about 100 yards from the hotel at the end of the road. Also, you have a 5 minute walk to Flamands Beach, which is one of the best on SBH. Also within a 5 minute walk is a small market that has everything you would need at prices that are just as good as the larger markets near the airport and in Lorient.

In the Petite Anse, there is a small beach area that can be very safe for children and the cove itself was perfect for snorkeling. Reefs and colored fish could easily be seen from my room.

Room staff was very prompt and courteous - and the room was always made immaculate every day. There was free wifi but the signal wasn't great - it was best accessed on the terrace and was enough to surf and check e-mail and stuff from my smartphone - but probably not quite strong enough for a VOIP call. A laptop might have better performace. There is wifi all over the island and various establishments, so that would be possible in other places.

In all, this was a great deal, great location and a seriously affordable option to visit the beautiful island of St Barts!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Auberge de la Petite Anse? Share your experiences!