“An average hotel at a fair price” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Goffs
Cape Breton Island, Canada
“An average hotel at a fair price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with two small kids in order to catch an early flight. Of course the place is dated, but it was clean and the new beds are fantastic! The food in the restaurant was good too. I'd stay again before a flight.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
St. Albert, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed 2 different nights on our trip to Nova Scotia both coming and going. On our first night the room was located right next to the front desk. The room itself was dirty and shabby. That wasn't the worst of it though.

We arrived late at the airport - almost midnight - and knew that we would want to stay close to the airport. The room right next to the front desk was very noisy with people coming and going all night. Running up and down the hall, banging things around, and yelling at the top of their lungs! If you're unfortunate enough to stay at this hotel, request a room well away from the front desk! We complained to the front desk on check-out. We told her that were very disappointed in the quality of the room and we requested a better room on our return trip. The girl at the desk made note of it, but that was all! The breakfast was ok. Cereal, toast, muffins, bacon, scrambled eggs, fruit, yoghurt, milk, coffee, tea, and juice, and make-your-own waffles.

Although we were in a cleaner and quieter room on our return trip in some ways it was more disturbing! My husband went to use lotion from the complimentary-size bottles in the washroom and discovered that it was only 1/4 full! Someone had used most of the lotion and even though it was almost empty, the staff put it back on the counter for the next patrons to use! My husband promptly threw it in the garbage! When we reported that to the staff nothing was said at all. No apology was made. The girl didn't even blink an eye!

We booked this room on the recommendation of Hotwire.com. I was not impressed at all and if that is the quality of the rooms booked through their Secret Hot Rate Hotels I don't think I'll book with them again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Goffs hotels

Antigonish, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Clean well appointed room, comfy beds all you need for a 1 night stay. The airport shuttle and free parking are great with helpful drivers. Our 1st choice for an early flight!!
I will say that upon return the shuttle service got backed up (40min)as it seemed 1/2 our flight was parking with the hotel!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Iqaluit, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have traveled with my Large Breed dog (Northern Huskey) and usually hotel that except Large Breed dogs hate to see us coming. The shuttle is a even and getting to our room can be a real pain. This Hotel was AMAZING! From the shuttle who was more then friendly to both me and Tucker (My Dog), they don't treat us like a inconvenience. They Stored our Luggage, even helped me get the dog create to my room, which was located right next to a side entrance so we didn't have any issues with having to go outside more then a few times. In the morning the Shuttle back to the Airport was just as great as getting to the Hotel.
As someone who travels often with and without pets, and I would pick this Hotel over many I stayed at over the years.

Thank you for the great service....

Digby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I recently stayed here as my flight arrived much too late to consider driving home. The pickup at the airport was prompt and the driver, I believe his name was Gregg, was super nice, very helpful in supplying information about the van's schedule and also telling us about the breakfast times and check out time. When the van reached the hotel, Gregg assisted the passengers from the van and once inside the staff were friendly and efficient and I was in my room in mere minutes. The room was clean and had all the necessary amenities one would ordinarily require. The breakfast which was included in the cost of the room was delicious and there was a goodly selection of food items. In the morning when I was outside to find my car in the lot another driver offered to drive me around to locate it and when I declined he told me to be very careful because there were icy patches. I felt very well looked after and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Kanata, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was stuck at Halifax Airport for three nights recently, and the airline put me up at the nearby Quality Inn. Front desk staff were super helpful and friendly, and the shuttle service superb, with friendly, knowledgeable drivers. The complimentary breakfasts were great, as were dinners in the restaurant -- exceptionally good food for an airport hotel.

My only quibble is that the room heater could be a bit noisy, but if you had cranked up the heat before heading to sleep, it would be warm enough to go the night.

I recommend this hotel for anyone having to spend time near Halifax Airport. Thanks to the staff for being so helpful.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed there for one night when our airline cancelled our flight back home.
The check-in staff was very courteous and we were in our room in a record-breaking time.
The room was simple and clean, the beds were a bit hard to our liking.
The showerhead could be updated and there was no fans in the bathroom.
The breakfast was quite nice, full american with waffles and omelettes.

Its good for one night, I would not stay there longer than that as it's far from downtown by 30km.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook the highway/airport. It gets really noisy in the morning.