“Good quick stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Goffs
Antigonish, Canada
“Good quick stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Clean well appointed room, comfy beds all you need for a 1 night stay. The airport shuttle and free parking are great with helpful drivers. Our 1st choice for an early flight!!
I will say that upon return the shuttle service got backed up (40min)as it seemed 1/2 our flight was parking with the hotel!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Iqaluit, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have traveled with my Large Breed dog (Northern Huskey) and usually hotel that except Large Breed dogs hate to see us coming. The shuttle is a even and getting to our room can be a real pain. This Hotel was AMAZING! From the shuttle who was more then friendly to both me and Tucker (My Dog), they don't treat us like a inconvenience. They Stored our Luggage, even helped me get the dog create to my room, which was located right next to a side entrance so we didn't have any issues with having to go outside more then a few times. In the morning the Shuttle back to the Airport was just as great as getting to the Hotel.
As someone who travels often with and without pets, and I would pick this Hotel over many I stayed at over the years.

Thank you for the great service....

Digby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I recently stayed here as my flight arrived much too late to consider driving home. The pickup at the airport was prompt and the driver, I believe his name was Gregg, was super nice, very helpful in supplying information about the van's schedule and also telling us about the breakfast times and check out time. When the van reached the hotel, Gregg assisted the passengers from the van and once inside the staff were friendly and efficient and I was in my room in mere minutes. The room was clean and had all the necessary amenities one would ordinarily require. The breakfast which was included in the cost of the room was delicious and there was a goodly selection of food items. In the morning when I was outside to find my car in the lot another driver offered to drive me around to locate it and when I declined he told me to be very careful because there were icy patches. I felt very well looked after and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Kanata, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was stuck at Halifax Airport for three nights recently, and the airline put me up at the nearby Quality Inn. Front desk staff were super helpful and friendly, and the shuttle service superb, with friendly, knowledgeable drivers. The complimentary breakfasts were great, as were dinners in the restaurant -- exceptionally good food for an airport hotel.

My only quibble is that the room heater could be a bit noisy, but if you had cranked up the heat before heading to sleep, it would be warm enough to go the night.

I recommend this hotel for anyone having to spend time near Halifax Airport. Thanks to the staff for being so helpful.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed there for one night when our airline cancelled our flight back home.
The check-in staff was very courteous and we were in our room in a record-breaking time.
The room was simple and clean, the beds were a bit hard to our liking.
The showerhead could be updated and there was no fans in the bathroom.
The breakfast was quite nice, full american with waffles and omelettes.

Its good for one night, I would not stay there longer than that as it's far from downtown by 30km.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook the highway/airport. It gets really noisy in the morning.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Brampton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Location is very close to the airport. We were assigned a room in the basement! It was cold, & smelt musty. The room heater was on 75 & it was still cold. The separate bathroom is freezing, the sink is on one side of the hall & the tub & toilet is on the other. We had an extremely uncomfortable queen bed with a small couch & desk. There wasn't any extra blanket anywhere. The shower head had a strong piercing spray & the hot water was slightly just off just warm even with letting it run for awhile. The breakfast was ok, make ur own waffle, small omelettes, bacon etc... front desk clerk wasn't very friendly very business like, not pleasant. Location is the best thing this hotel has going for it.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room not in the basement would be better, don't go in winter time
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Goffs hotels

Walton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I've read a couple of negative reviews for this Quality Inn but I have to disagree with them. I have used this hotel over the last 20 years to over-night in while travelling to and from Halifax. It is clean and offers a little more than the basics. The staff are friendly, helpful, and accommodating.

The food in the restaurant is not very good (well what I've ordered wasn't very good) but, again, the staff were very nice and tried to fix the problems.

So, in all, I would definitely recommend this for an over-night -- just don't expect fine dining and lusciously appointed rooms...it is a chain after all that caters to one-night-travelers using the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!