“A Convenient Spot To Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Goffs
Walton, Canada
“A Convenient Spot To Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I've read a couple of negative reviews for this Quality Inn but I have to disagree with them. I have used this hotel over the last 20 years to over-night in while travelling to and from Halifax. It is clean and offers a little more than the basics. The staff are friendly, helpful, and accommodating.

The food in the restaurant is not very good (well what I've ordered wasn't very good) but, again, the staff were very nice and tried to fix the problems.

So, in all, I would definitely recommend this for an over-night -- just don't expect fine dining and lusciously appointed rooms...it is a chain after all that caters to one-night-travelers using the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
ns
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed here again for one night as we had a very early flight; free parking and free 24h shuttle makes this our regular choice now.

Staff were very helpful with our bags and friendly with my very excited 6 year old (we were going to WDW the next day). My husband had forgotten to pack his toiletries for our overnight stay and the staff provided complimentary toiletries to help him out. (I could mention that I packed all 9 pieces of luggage that we took with us and all he needed to do was throw his toiletries in our overnight bag; but I won't :)

Never used the pool, did use the restaurant: it was good (see separate review). The parking and shuttle was the big draw for us and will continue to be - so I recommend the hotel for those reasons.

I found the hotel clean and our room was clean, except for the bathroom. The floor needed attention and the back of the door was disgusting: I don't even want to know what it was. Just chose to ignore it as we were not in the room very long . . . other than that, it was clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lausanne, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My parents booked me this hotel because I was flying in late. They "knew" the chain so just called but it is a drab, dingy place. Front desk guy was rude after a long, delayed connection. Room was cold and breakfast was all fried and/or starch. No fruit to be seen and as for "eco friendly" they have only styrofoam cups and plastic cutlery!!! Book any other airport hotel. They seem cheaper, cleaner and generally nicer. (Modern.) This is the worst hotel experience I have had in years.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Goffs hotels

Grand Pre, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Be careful when you stay here not to leave anything behind because it will disappear. Recently we stayed overnight because of an early departure which meant leaving at 4:30 in the morning. Needless to say, I did not have all my wits about me and left my night gown on the bed. I phoned the hotel as soon as I reached my destination, told them my room number, etc. and they could not find it HA! At first they said it may have been washed with the sheets - okay that's possible. However, after several phone calls and now 2 weeks it seems to have evaporated into thin air. Thank goodness it was not a diamond ring. But that night gown was extensive and a gift that meant a lot to me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
New Glasgow, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This Quality Inn is our preferred place to stay especially when we are to vacation away for an extended period. Parking is free for up to two weeks when you stay overnight. This is no doubt one of the main reasons that prompt us to use this facility time and time again. Also considered is the fact that the hotel provides free shuttle service to the Halifax International Airport. The drivers are competent, friendly and very considerate. After an extended stay during the cold months the drivers will ensure that your vehicle will restart and if not will provide booster service to make sure that things are OK. The airport is less than five minutes away so this service is very convenient.

On this occasion we checked in on the 2nd of November and the "check-in" was quick and smooth. The staff are polite, courteous and friendly and very efficient. We had requested a quiet room on the first level and we were totally satisfied with the choice made by the staff. Some of the rooms in the hotel are small but all are clean and all are provided with flat screen TVs, modern up to date furniture and comfortable beds. The bathrooms also provide all the necessities and if you are missing an item the reception desk is there to help out in any way possible.

On this visit we were fortunate to have flight connections that gave us sufficient time to enjoy the complimentary breakfast. The breakfast area is set up buffet style and you will be able to enjoy a comfortable table or booth. The breakfast selections are what you would find in any restaurant.....however this one is complimentary. Lots of hot coffee and lots of breakfast choices hot or cold. You will be surprised at the different items that are displayed for your breakfast. This is no doubt that this hotel provides one of the best complimentary breakfast set ups that we have even encountered.

Considering all of the above this Quality Inn is very affordable when you consider all of the features.....free shuttle, free parking option in a safe, secure and well lit parking lot....and finally the free complimentary breakfast buffet. I would once again recommend this hotel without hesitation. This is truly a "Quality Inn" and the price is right in my books!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was only looking for a place to sleep when I reached Halifax and settled on this hotel near the airport. The room was mostly clean except for some used kleenex I spotted on the floor and couldn't figure out how housekeeping staff would miss something so noticeable. There were also some food crumbs on the bed cover. Everything else looked clean but I was a little iffy on whether that was the case after seeing those two things. The Wifi worked in my room most of the time but there was some sort of outage the next morning that saw it down for about an hour however it did not work anywhere else in the hotel the entire time I was there. I had some trouble closing the curtains and tried everything to get them closed but they only went so far and left a huge gap to the outside. The room was also cold and when I tried to turn down the air conditioner and turn up the heat it only got colder so I left it how it was when I arrived. I also noticed that one of the automatic doors was not working which made it hard to bring my luggage in through the doors (I was traveling alone) and even though there were staff around the lobby at that time, no one made a move to try and help me though. I had to leave a few bags on the sidewalk while I brought them in one at a time which left me open to potential theft. Staff was pretty friendly and breakfast was decent but I think 140 dollars a night was a little steep for what I got.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Hamilton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed only the one night, but everything went very well. Was greeted late at night by a very pleasant, enthusiastic, helpfull desk clerk.

The room was clean and well appointed, but showing it's age.

The adequate breakfast was served in a clean spacious area by a miserable lady who should be taught to be pleasant to the hotel guests.

The room rate was about par for the area.

I would stay here again, but hope they cheer the "breakfast lady" up first!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!