“Charity Ball” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chigwell
London, United Kingdom
“Charity Ball”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I held a charity Ball at the Prince Regent last weekend for 320 people. This should have been very stressful, but the wonderful staff and managers at the hotel made it so stress free for me. Nothing was a problem and they ran the night with true professionalism. The waiters and waitresses were efficient and helpful and the food was excellent.
Thank you everyone at the Prince Regent.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Friell, General Manager at Menzies Prince Regent, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Katie,

Thank you very much for your kind comments following your very successful charity ball. Firstly may I say how pleased I was to be the duty manager for the event and proud to be part of an extremely successful evening and in saying that I will also ensure I extend my thanks to my team who worked extremely hard to be part of your success.

Stuart Friell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night room stuffy and had to open all the windows as no aircon .I feel all so called four star hotels should have this as standard especially when charging what they do. Room was ok and clean but carpet was very marked and had stains caused by god knows what. Breakfast was satisfactory and staff very friendly . I would recommend this hotel for the staff alone as they are obviously happy in their work .

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Friell, General Manager at Menzies Prince Regent, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Member,

Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay albeit that the room you stayed in does not have air conditioning. I will certainly pass your comments of to my housekeeping staff and I was especially pleased to read that you would recommend my hotel and my team.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I thought this was meant to be a good hotel. Had to pay when booking in. Very disappointed by the night staff as I watched another guess complain in front of me that they did nothing about then when he went they took the micky out of him with me there.

Stayed July 2014
Friell, General Manager at Menzies Prince Regent, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Member,

It is our policy to take payment on arrival as it is with most leading hotel companies and booking agencies and I am sorry if this offended you. This particular website highlights the excellent professionalism of my staff and whilst I cannot comment on this particular incident I will speak to my night staff and thank you for bringing this to my attention

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

On booking in I was requested to pay for my stay. I handed over my credit card and an amount was debited. The following day was my son's wedding day so we had a very early start. Several items belonging to my nieces were left out whilst we were away from the room. Housekeeping had obviously been in and cleaned up. On our return whilst packing we had noticed some missing items. On checking out I mentioned the items which were missing to the reception and they were going to speak with housekeeping. We were told housekeeping had found nothing.
On checking my credit card statement two I days later I notice that two debits of the same amount had been taken from my account. I contacted the hotel and they said that the wrong amount had been debited from my account originally. My concern is that I authorised the the first amount on checking in but no one from the hotel thought that they would need authority to debit the second amount. Not even a call to discuss their error. Im still waiting to speak to a manager for their explanation.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Janet,

Thank you for your recent review. Firstly may I apologise for having not replied to your sooner having, recently returned from holiday. I know that Kelly has spoken to you along with my Duty Manager on occasion. Naturally with every review posted on this site both my team and I meet to review the comments and take the necessary actions to ensure there is no repetition of any niggles that have caused guest comments and further to our meeting I would like to comment as follows.

It is an industry standard to take payment on arrival and having spoken to my team they informed me that you stayed on a function rate for two nights but due to an error on our behalf we took payment for one night, Natalie contacted your room but was unable to contact you and having your details charged for the second night. I do however concede that we could have contacted you via your mobile and perhaps should have notified you by placing a letter under your door, a standard we will now adopt however, you were charged correctly for your stay and given a full receipt on departure which detailed the transactions.

We have an experienced housekeeping team who would not have removed any items from your room, the hotel has room safe’s as well as safety deposit boxes for the storing of valuables however, Kelly does advise me that she has some items of lost property which we believe on verification by you may, be yours and I would appreciate you calling Kelly directly.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Hotel was recommended and booked for us by Caton Fry & Co, South Woodford.
My wife spent 3 weeks in October 2013, and when she returned, told me how wonderful the hotel, and all their staff were. I must say, that I was really impressed (May/June 2014) with the place and it's location, not to forget all the staff who treated us like royalty. The rooms were large, airy and well maintained on a daily basis. The grounds were lovely and well maintained on a regular basis. My wife and I would certainly recommend this hotel to all our friends, and we would undoubtedly return on our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper level with a view to the garden. Great for sitting by the window with a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Member,

Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased to read that your wife had an enjoyable stay at my hotel and I will certainly share your kind comments with my team

Worcester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed for one night in this hotel. I did not use all of the facilities so I can't comment on the standard of the food as my company were to penny pinching to book me in for food! My room was a filled wth a solid yellow wallpaper with a few grazes from damage over the years. The furnature in the room was the pvc stuff you got from MFI back in the day. Set with a green carpet and big flowery curtims this room needs modernisation. The bathroom was as old. The sink taps hardly worked and the fittings showed their age. Their were some plug sockets in the room that didn't work although the tele was a modern LCD samsung. If you stay on the fhird floor like me make sure your case has wheels as its about a half mile walr to reception. Considering my company paid just under £100 for room only I think you would be better off in a local premier inn or such like where at least the rooms are modern.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Member,

Thank you for your recent review. I as disappointed to read your comments and since your review I have discussed your findings with my team and would like to offer my apologies. We are shortly to commence the refurbishment of our last remaining rooms which will bring them up to the standard of our newly excellent refurbished bedrooms.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I really liked this hotel. My room was clean, had a hairdryer, iron, ironing board, really good shower, complimentary water...everything I needed. The staff were very polite and professional. There were a couple of parties going on at the hotel but I could not hear anything from my room. I really can not think of any negatives about my stay at this hotel. Would recommend :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Friell, General Manager at Menzies Prince Regent, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was delighted to read your comments and I will certainly share these with my team.

Stuart Friell

Been to Menzies Prince Regent? Share your experiences!