“Charity Ball” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chigwell
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Charity Ball”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

On behalf of the charity I am secretary for, i just wanted to thank the Prince Regents for allowing us to host our recent ball at your hotel.

Th service we received from Matt Hammingway was superb and really helped our event to be the success it was. The attention to details by him and his staff, the food, function room, service, bar...well nothing let the place down.

This is the third function we have held at the hotel and couldn't ask for a better venue.

Thank you so much!

Mca Charity Trust

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Friell, General Manager at Menzies Prince Regent, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I was delighted to read of the RCA charity ball's success and I know that Matthew and the team worked extremely hard in making it the great event it was and I do hope to see you and your organisation return in 2014. I will certainly share your kind comments with all of my team.

Stuart Friell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Having stayed in this hotel a number of times, I really can`t fault it for value for money. The staff are great, Kelly, Rachel in reception, Helen in the restaurant and Matthew as deputy manager deserve a special mention, but indeed all are friendly and helpful. With it`s easy access to central London and historic and interesting points close to the location, eg.Waltham Abbey, this hotel is a fantastic find.
Well done to the manager for his attention to detail and to all the staff for making our stay rememberable. Keep it up, will see you early in the New Year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at my hotel and I will certainly share your kind comments with all of my team at the hotel. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Wow what a night. Meal great, service excellent,cabaret entertaining, room stunning and a great night sleep. One of the best party nights I've been too.after all that a very nice breakfast. I will be back again. I've just checked their website and they do other themed events in the year. Great find by my company.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable visit to my hotel during the festive period and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in 2014. We are currently finalising our menus and packages as we have had a great response from our events in 2013. I will of course share your kind comments with my team.

Enfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

In terms of the bar facilities and restaurants, very impressive. The strange lay out of the place meant I had a good ten minute walk and two different lifts to get to my room. Although the inital impression of the hotel was a good one, I was thoroughly disappointed with the rooms.
The room had both windows open upon arrival (mid December, so was freezing), as well as a few leaves on the floor (I assume blown in from the open windows).
Interior was dull and very dated. Very standard room, expecyed more for the price I paid. Bath was dirty, sink taps didn't function too well and bathroom walls paper thin.
The breakfast was pleasant. Buffet breakfast, lots on offer, friendly service.

Overall, let down by room quality.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Friell, General Manager at Menzies Prince Regent, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was disappointed that your bedroom allocated was not to your satisfaction and I would have hoped had we known on your dissatisfaction a more appropriate room would have been allocated. We are shortly to embark on the refurbishment of the remaking few bedrooms which were not refurbished earlier this year and whilst this is in now way an excuse I, do wish we had been given the opportunity to ensure you left the hotel having had a more positive experience.

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I booked an afternoon tea for 20 family members to celebrate my parents' 60th wedding anniversary. We had initially booked a private room but was told it would be nicer for us to be in the restaurant, which didn't have any bookings so would be private. On arrival we found the restaurant to be unsuitable so asked for the room we had originally booked, to be told it wasn't available. The food was meagre, with a poor selection of sandwiches but the really embarrassing part of the day was when we were served R Kipling cakes, cut into small squares! I was totally mortified and the whole experience ruined what should have been a lovely afternoon. I have made numerous complaints to the hotel and even to Head Office but have even been unhappy with their response to my complaint.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Friell, General Manager at Menzies Prince Regent, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Member,
Thank you very much for you recent review. I was disappointed that you had chosen to post your comments following your visit to my hotel for your family afternoon tea. As you are aware I was fully aware of the issues you experienced with the cake selection you received. I wrote to you and apologised which was later followed up by my Operation Director from Menzies Hotels in his letter of apology to you he offered, a return visit for you and your family complimentary as mean of an apology.s

I am sorry we let you down on this occasion and I do hope you accept our offer and of course our apologies.

Kind Regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding reception here during November and stayed for 1 night. The whole process was extremely easy. Matthew worked hard from the moment we met him right up until 4am when the last guests finally left the hotel bar. It was a sit down meal for 160 people and everyone we have seen since has praised the food and service.
Every member of staff was friendly and helpful. They set up the venue beautifully, even better than we could ever have imagined.
The whole day ran perfectly, and everything was taken care of, leaving us to enjoy the evening with our guests.
Finally, breakfast the next morning with our families was lovely.

• Stayed November 2013
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Superb value.30 minutes tube journey to Oxford Circus. The staff are unbelievably conscientious and deliver the very highest levels of customer service, nothing is too much trouble.Food is exceptional, both evening meals and breakfast with a very relaxing TV room and friendly bar area.Ample free parking, cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Hotel in the process of refurbishment, worth requesting a refurbished room.