“Amazing Wedding Day!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westhill
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Amazing Wedding Day!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I cannot recommend the Holiday Inn West enough for a Wedding Venue!

Myself and my Husband were married at the Hotel on the 12th September 2014 and had a brilliant day and night. The service was excellent from all staff members and many of our guests commented on how well they were treated.

Food was excellent, venue great and one of our friends was so impressed that she has now booked her wedding at the hotel.

A special thanks to Paul and Elaine who managed the day for us.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Marc J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Meagan S S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for all to read. It was fantastic to hear that you had such a great day, the team really do put every effort into making your big day so special.

Your high praise of Paul and Elaine is very much appreciated and really does mean a lot to them and their extremely hard working teams.

I am sure we will see you again soon,I hope you get an invite back to your friends big day!?

Marc Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
aberdeen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went to Louigies Restaurant tonight. Waste of time. Ordered minestrone soup and got bland watered down veg soup with no pasta or any flavour at all. Waiter said that the chef puts in very small pasta "eh no" couldn't even find that. Asked for water " still waiting". They brought my husbands main course at the same time as our soup. When he did ask for his main it was so late in coming we thought they had forgotten that too. People who put up good reviews about this place do not know what good Italian food and good service should be like.

Stayed November 2014
Dear sylvia w,

I was very disappointed to read about your recent experience at Luigis. Since the our new menu has been put in place we have had extremely positive feedback. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the errors in both food and service that you encountered and assure you that corrective training has been conducted with the teams in question.

Yours sincerely,

Airdrie, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Th Hotel was fine, the food was ok, nothing special and the decor was pleasant enough, however, the staff seemed totallt detached form any engagement with guests, I felt as if I was intruding, which is annoying as a Platinum Card Member of the loyalty programme. The only word I could use to describe my stay was average. However, I left my shaver and a charger and called the hotel to ask them to forward onwards , all fine until I recieved a message on my phone to tell me that they could not send until they had my credit card number to cover the postage. The postage cost was less than the cost of a beer, yet if I had not called back, they woudl not have acted. I may be pedantic, but for me that sums up the lack of interest the staff had in their customers, and the next time I am in Aberdeen, I will stay in a different hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear 147PatrickR,

I am very sorry that you did not receive the service as is expected from our team here at Holiday Inn Westhill. Please be assure that this in not the normal experience received by any of our guests, I can further assure you that the whole team are aware of your recent experience and the areas in which we may have failed on this occasion.

I would be obliged should you wish to contact me further to discuss the issues that arose during your stay and make an attempt to restore the faith in our commitment to friendly and professional customer service.

Yours sincerely,

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fantastic quality hotel, and the food and drink are at the same high standards. I have stayed a couple of times on business trips and this is the hotel of choice if available when I'm travelling to Aberdeen.
Highly Recommended

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Connjo20,

Thank you for your high praise of the team and facilities at Holiday Inn Westhill. We were delighted to read your comments and hope it is not too long before you are back to stay with us again.

General Manager.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just had a beautiful meal at hotel in Louigies Restaurant, it was amazing,the service was first class, the food was excellent couldn't find fault at all, definitely worth a visit. We stayed overnight our room was lovely so clean and furnishings were very contemporary, lovely evening.

Room Tip: First class hotel, first class service.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ann C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to place a review on TripAdvisor for all to read. The team and I are so pleased that we could look after you and that you enjoyed both your meal and your nights stay with us.

I hope we can look after you again in the very near future.

General Manager.
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went here for a Sunday roast with my wife and three kids. Very good meal with very attentive staff, even when they were at their busiest. The carvery is one of the best I have had in a long time, with a great spread put out for you to help yourself to as much as you want. Very reasonably priced for what you get. The only one thing that I can fault is the hygiene of the young chef on the carvery, dirty hands, and coughing in them, is a little off putting just before he serves your food. Also the chefs appeared to wonder down to the door where customers were coming in, every so often, to speak to other members of staff which didn't look very professional in my opinion. Other than that I can not fault. Excellent meal, excellent service and a reasonable price to go with it. Thank You. I'll be back this Sunday.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Marc J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Steven F,

Many thanks for your constructive review of our Sunday carvery, I was so pleased to read you had an enjoyable time and that we will see you again next week. I have taken note of your criticisms and will address these points directly with the individuals and team managers.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stay local and often head here for food! Never had a bad meal here yet!

My mum chose here to come for her 60th birthday!
There was 12 of us including a few children!

Top class service
Nothing was too much bother, staff even took out a cake we had brought in!
Staff very friendly and attentive without being ott!
Meals were severed promptly and all of fab quality hot and clearly freshly cooked to order!

Stayed November 2014
Dear Aidedhoney,

Many thanks for taking the time to place a review on TripAdvisor. I am particularly pleased that you rated the staff service so highly, the team s are a real asset to the hotel and have a real passion and genuine willingness to serve, I thank you for recognising this.

I was delighted to read that we could help to celebrate your special family occasion, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Marc Jones

Been to Holiday Inn Aberdeen West? Share your experiences!