“Impressive Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Impressive Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We spent 2 nights here while visiting friends in Aberdeen. This property was apparently voted the best Holiday Inn in Europe and I was impressed with the room and the service. It's located a few miles west of Aberdeen itself, but easily commutable with a car. There's ample free car parking outside, and a few supermarkets etc nearby for last-minute purchases. The room was fairly standard (see photos) though seemed a bit brighter and more colourful than other Holiday Inns I've stayed at, and everything was in good working order. The bathroom particularly seemed significantly better than a standard Holiday Inn bathroom - again see my photos for a better idea. All members of staff we interacted with were friendly and helpful. Our only gripe was service in the restaurant (evening meal) - it was painfully slow! I'd return to this hotel again, but would eat elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear So3003
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry that you encountered slow service in Luigi's and have shared this with the team. I assure you we will work hard to avoid this recurring.
Overall I am pleased that you were impressed by the hotel and I hope that we can welcome you back to Westhill in the future.

Bill Burnett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Thurso
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before and have always loved it; great service, good food and comfortable however our visit this time was spoiled by a most uncomfortable bed. The mattress was really hard and, as I have not experienced this before in this hotel, I'm not sure if it was new or too old! More disappointingly when I complained about it the receptionist didn't even apologise, he simply said "maybe it's new". Not impressed! However, I can't fault the service of all the other staff, nor of the food which was as good as always.

Room Tip: Do not accept Rm 226 unless you check the bed!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear FiOnamac
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy our bed in 226 and in particular that you comments were dealt with so poorly. Please accept my apologies for this.
Our sleep experience is generally regarded by our guests as amongst the best experienced due to our firmer styled mattress. I am sorry that this was not to your liking.
I hope that this will not deter you from staying again, and if you would like to do so, please contact me directly and I will arrange a complimentary upgrade to one of our Executive rooms on that occasion.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had a fantastic day at holiday inn! Hotel staff were brilliant especially Neil the manager who looked after us from start to finish well done Neil many thanks.
The set up was superb and beautiful well impressed and would recommend to anyone who is thinking of getting married here. Thanks to all staff.

Dear Gary and Jennifer
Thank you for a great review on your wedding day with us, and for highlighting Neil's hard work on the day. I appreciate your recommendation to others to book their event here also.
I am glad that we were able to make your special day go so well.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

On 9 August 2013, my wife, 2 kids and I went to the hotel to dine at Luigi's restaurant.
The food was fantastic and I have to say that the whole meal, along with the service was first class. This is by far the best meal that we have had in a long time and we do eat out often in a range of different restaurants.

Keep up the fantastic work!

Dear Keith G
Thank you for a great review on Luigi's food and service.
I hope that we will see you again.

scotland uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed with our 1 year old and was very pleasant. Room was spacious and very clean and was very quiet. Staff very helpful at reception, didn't eat in restaurant but did order room service, food was ok but nothing special. Great having air con in the room and an ice machine in the corridor. Would stay here again happily.

Dear Gayle r
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay, and hope that we will see you again in the future.

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My first time in a Holiday inn, Aberdeen west as you go in the foyer, you get that feel it's so well run, and a hotel of reputable standing, my room was lovely, very comfortable indeed, adequately sized beds, my only down side was it was, situated outside on the roof were the units for the refrigeration/aircon, thankfully i switched off to them, located in a lovely part of aberdeen, there are shops just across the road, so very convenient, foodwise it offers two restaurants , luigi's and the hotel restaurant, very nice menu's! Food was well portioned , despite me finding a bone in my chicken dish it is forgiveable. All in all i enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed July 2013
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Brutrules
Thank you for staying with us and for an excellent and well balanced review of the hotel. I hope that we will see you again when you are next staying in Aberdeenshire.

canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Ate with friends in a large party of adults and kids. Excellent service, choice and quality of food excellent. Staff very friendly and accommodating, washrooms clean. Highly recommend for any type of group or occasion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Canadascot
thank you for your strong recommendation on our food and service. I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your experience and taken the time to share it with others.
I hope we will see you again.

Bill Burnett

Been to Holiday Inn Aberdeen West? Share your experiences!