“Excellent :)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westhill
Lerwick, United Kingdom
“Excellent :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Excellent staff here - big thank you to Pat especially for going the extra mile for us. Restaurant next door was very good too - good menu and helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again.
Thanks all

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
It is always really motivating for the team to read positive reviews about the standard of our hotel here at Westhill and the customer service of our team members. We take pride in achieving high standards to ensure our guests have the care and attention they deserve and it was great to hear we managed too achieve this.We look forward to you visiting us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Moray
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Booked this hotel for the other half birthdays as it was close by to Yans Thai and Chinese restaurant which is his favourite! Lovely hotel, nice and quiet area so a nice peaceful nights sleep. Room was clean and spacious, just what you expect! Pat was very friendly and helpful through out our stay and the bar man (sorry, didnt catch his name) in the restaurant next door was also very friendly and helpful. Definatly recomend and defiantly will be back to stay! x

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Firstly i would like to thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay here at Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your time here with us and have happily passed on your comments to Pat who was equally thrilled . I have also passed on your comment to the manager of the Shepherds Rest We really depend on feedback such as yours to stretch our site and perform to the best of our abilities so thank you again!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the overall stay, big bed, plenty of pillows and the room itself was not a box!! Excellent value for money and the restaurant next door provided a good breakfast and a good selection of dishes for an evening meal.
If I have any criticism there should be a second comfy chair in the room for couples staying, there is plenty of room for it

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
The Premier Inn team were delighted to read your positive feedback regarding your visit to our hotel.
We were pleased to hear you had a great nights sleep and found our bed and pillows to your liking. Premier Inn listen to our guests and work towards ensuring every guest enjoys the experience of our hotels. I will also pass on your comments to the manager of the
Shepherds Rest next door , who will i am sure be very pleased you enjoyed your meals there.
On your next visit to us ask reception for an extra chair to be put in your room. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This particular Premier Inn is well located for the local Industrial Estates and associated businesses, and this reflects in the cliental most frequenting it. The location is near to a regular bus service in to Aberdeen and walking distance of the Industrial Estate
The reception staffs were friendly, helpful and efficient in greeting me and checking me in, even to the extent of bringing an Ironing board and iron to my room. The guaranteed sleep well policy was explained and directions to my room given. You definitely had the feeling that nothing was too much trouble. The late night staff seemed to be there under duress!!

The room was clean, well laid out and even spacious. Good light blocking curtains and good TV/Coffee making facilities available. The bed was firm but comfortable, and provided a good night’s sleep.

The bathroom facilities were clean, towels provided and soap/shampoo dispensers near the show and sink. The shower was excellent, good flow of hot water and shower curtain on a rail bending outwards, nice touch to provide more space in the shower! The bath was very clean and well maintained.

Breakfast was served next door in the Pub/restaurant; the facilities were good, with friendly staff greeting and explanation on breakfast procedure. Usual spread of Fruit, cereal yoghurts etc. complimented by hot breakfast to order if required. My only criticism would be the commencement time of 7 am, for a hotel next to Industrial estate and offices employed in the Oil and Gas sector (8 am business meetings in particular), an earlier breakfast commencement time would have been appreciated.

Good night’s sleep, friendly staff, basic amenities and clean facilities what more can one ask for from a Premier Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such fabulous feedback regarding your recent stay here at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill. My team really enjoy receiving such positive feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your time here with us. Although the restaurant does not belong to us they are still very interested in our guests feedback and were equally thrilled to see you enjoyed your dining with them and they would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with them.

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

When I travel to Aberdeen Westhill, there really is a pretty limited selection of hotels. The Premier is very close and convenient walking distance to my office and near the market where I can buy snacks or other items I may have forgotten to pack. I have stayed about a half dozen times in the past couple of years. Not a vacation spot, but clean, basic. People are helpful. Never had broken or missing stuff in the room. Next door restraraunt is close convenient and pretty fair priced. Food is pretty good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay here at Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay here with us and have happily passed on your comments to the manager of the restaurant next door . Thank you again and look forward to seeing you in the near future
North of Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We recently stayed at the Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill and were disappointed with our stay. We were disgusted to find that the towels in the shower had stains on them from a previous guest. Our young son very nearly dried his face with it. Having clean towels in a room is a basic for any hotel. We did complain and were presented with 'clean' towels. I had to return one of these towels as it was stained with a large black mark. This is unacceptable standards!

We had booked in for two nights and after having my premier breakfast on the first morning we cancelled the following day's breakfast as it was not cooked properly the first time. My veggie sausages were not cooked in the middle and my egg was not cooked in places. It appears as if my sausages and hash browns had been deep fried and they were all mushy in the middle. It also tasted very oily/greasy. I have had the same premier breakfast cooked for me in the Premier Inn Shrewsbury and it was delicious. The breakfast at the Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill was a let down due to how it was cooked.

The Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill has a restaurant which is situated next door to it called 'The Shepherds's Rest' which is where Premier Inn guests go for any meals that they have booked. We returned a dessert which was served on an extremely hot plate which resulted in my cheesecake going all runny. Apparently this was a hot pudding which it did not state in the menu and we were very disappointed with it especially after it cost nearly £5.00. When my husband took it back he was informed by Darren ( a rather rude individual) that it was our fault because we took it to our room. I ordered cheesecake and it never stated it would be hot. It certainly should never have been served on a hot plate. The dessert just looked awful. My husband asked for a refund and was told 'No!' by Darren. What lovely, polite staff, NOT!!!

One other point that we would like to highlight is that just because this hotel can charge over a hundred and twenty pounds for a room due to the oil industry does not mean that they should. It is grossly overcharging for accommodation that other people pay half the price for.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Ann D at Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion you were let down by cleanliness issues. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused with the service you received in the restaurant. Your comments regarding this have been duly noted and will be passed on to Restaurant’s Manager as it is not owned by Whitbread Restaurants. Please be assured that we take all feedback seriously as it enables us to improve standards.
Thank you once again for your review.
Kirriemuir, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Booked 3 rooms in this hotel as it was conveniently close to where we were having a family party. The rooms were basic but spacious and comfortable. One of the family rooms had a strong smell of smoke but as there were no other rooms available the receptionist said they would open a window and put in an air freshener.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Yvonne D thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay here with us at Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn.
I am sorry to read that you experienced problems with your stay here with us.
At Premier Inn all of our rooms are non smoking rooms and they have been since the smoking band was introduced in the UK and I am sorry to read you have felt your room has been smoked in. We take this no smoking policy very seriously and would never knowingly allow any guest to smoke within our premises.

Again, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay here with us. The team and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Been to Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill? Share your experiences!