“A good nights sleep guaranteed - really?” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Straik Road, Westhill, Aberdeen AB32 6HF, Scotland   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westhill
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A good nights sleep guaranteed - really?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

They say a good nights sleep guaranteed. Well I am not so sure. The beds were comfy but loud tellys late at night and being woken up in the very early hours by crying kids (not mine) and then again by the same or by others at 7.00am on a Sunday morning followed by lots of banging, shouting and water running does not make for a good nights sleep. A soap dispenser that works would be good and a hoover being taken over the floor when the make the beds and change the towels would be a nice touch. If you want to see to do your hair or put on some make - up, good luck, the lighting is very, very poor.

Glad we dont have to stay here very often.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our Premier Inn. I was disappointed that you experienced some problems during your visit. I will be having a meeting with our night reception team members and housekeeping management to address the complaints you have put to me.
I would appreciate it if you could give me a call at the hotel so I can apologise in person and try and restore your faith in us and Premier Inn hotels.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Perth, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed here for a Friday night stopover whilst visiting friends in Westhill. We were greeted by friendly reception staff. Our double room was on the 2nd floor and we were pleasantly surprised at getting a superking bed. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean and we were pleased that it was in a quiet location and was not disturbed during the night. The bed was a little to hard for my liking but certainly not uncomfortable in any way. Housekeeping staff were very friendly and greeted us with a smile in the morning. We met our friends and went next door to the Shepherds Rest pub for a meal which was very reasonable priced and were all very tasty. Staff were very helpful and friendly and we were made very welcome as soon as we stepped into the pub. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
It is always really motivating for the team to read positive reviews about the standard of our hotel and the customer service of our team members. We take pride in achieving high standards to ensure our guests have the care and attention they deserve and it was great to hear we managed too achieve this. We look forward to you visiting us in the near future.
Elgin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed at this premier inn for 2 nights in February 2013. it is clean and tidy with very friendly and helpful staff. The next door pub and restaurant has good food with reasonable prices. Great place to stay, would recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we are glad you had a good time with us. I am happy you found our hotel to be of excellent standard. I will pass on your comment to both our reception and housekeeping teams as well as to the “Shepherds Rest” restaurant next door and look forward to seeing you here at Premier Inn Westhill in the future.
Ayr
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed at Westhill Prem. Inn a number of times with the family and previously found the hotel and adjacent pub to be good. We normally eat at the Shepherds Rest pub adjacent to the Prem. Inn. On this occasion we had already eaten and went to the Shepherds Rest for a drink at 8.15pm. We were met with a very pleasant member of staff who showed us to a table and acknowledged that we were only having a drink. I approached the bar and again a very pleasant member of staff took my order for a pint of beer and 3 soft drinks (self + wife + 13yrs + 15yrs daughters). There were a number of tables with much younger children who had clearly finishing their meals/drinks. Whilst my beer was being poured another member of staff purporting to be the manager called his colleague to stop and approach me with the words “do you have id for those two?” I replied that I did not believe that I needed id as I know who they are! Not good enough came the reply and stated that I could not be served without proving my daughter were over 18 due to “his license did not allow children” Whether or not the interpretation of the license is correct I could not comment but how the “manager” approached me was unacceptable. He spoiled our evening with his rude attitude and I will not return to this Prem. Inn. I suggest that this individual is coached/trained as how to speak/approach customers as he is clearly well below acceptable competent standards. On previous stays we have enjoyed a drink before 9pm with our daughters but this was with a different, clearly much more customer friendly, manager.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding the adjoining restaurant. This is not a Whitbread establishment, but we will ensure that your feedback is passed onto our Management Team and the company responsible for this restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I had booked this hotel for a midweek stay in December, I booked this as my normal hotel was fully booked so this was the closest to the area I was working in. I arrived at 20:45 to check-in and on attemting to check-in ai was told that there was no booking under my name. I gave receptionist my booking reference and was told that it was for the previous Saturday and had been charged as a no show, The receptionist then told e that I was the third person that had arrived that night with the same problem.

This raised alarm bells as it seems very strange to me that three people would make this same "mistake" I am obviosly to blame for not thoroughly checking the booking but there would appear to be an inherent problem with the booking website and I have since been told that if you have to go back at any point in the booking procedure it changes the date to the current date - hence my booking the Saturday.

I used to use Premier Inn all the time when they were known as Travel Inn and loved staying there but was becoming fed up with the same menu all the time for dinner, and breakfast was on many occasions hectic and not that great so hence reason for changing to another hotel. This situation was last thing I needed that night as all other hotels were fully booked. I did eventually manage to locate a last minute cancellation at a much higher price than I had paid for my No Show.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tomasz_Safier, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear KenTweed,

Thank you for your detailed review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill.

I am very sorry about the problems you have experienced with your booking. Our Premier team aims to provide the most efficient check-in possible. As a result, I would like to investigate your situation more in depth, therefore could you please contact the hotel directly.

Overall, we still hope to host you again on your next visit to Westhill

Kind Regards,
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Arrived in atrocious weather & late, thank goodness for an easy check in & friendly staff.

My first time in a Premier Inn, accommodation in Westhill is very limited.

It was OK; room was adequate, a good size, small TV, small bathroom (with liquid soap dispenser!), tea & coffee making facilities.

It was quite noisy as the hotel was full & the rooms up above transmitted the noise. Rooms could be cold & the heating seemed to default to a low setting & be noisy when turned up.

The staff are excellent, cheerful, helpful & hard working.

It is very convenient for local industrial estates, within easy walking distance of many.

There's an expensive vending machine in the lobby, but the Shepherd's Rest pub/restaurant is attached to the hotel.

Breakfast is good & served in the Shepherd's Rest next door.

Wouldn't say it's particularly good value for money, but Aberdeen is very expensive, so it's probably not bad considering this.

All in all, OK if you have business in Westhill & no car. Wouldn't be disappointed if I had to stay again, but not sure it would be my first choice.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms can be noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tomasz_Safier, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear KPRtravel,

Thank you for your detailed review about Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill. Your opinion is very important to us.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience of internal noise, which you have experienced. I can assure you our night reception team is doing their best to manage it.
The heating has a thermostat fitted and can be adjusted up to 23 degrees.

We are extremely glad you have found our check in efficient and staff excellent.
We are all hoping to host you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed three nights during the recent snow. Guests are encouraged to write trip advisor reviews candidly. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Good size bedroom. However the duvet was not clean - seemed to have a dried - on remnant of a previous occupant's bogey on it which was very unpleasant. The bedding was changed at our request but this discovery was unacceptable. Our room, room 28, was immediately above the reception area so every time people went in and out of the reception into the corridor below the internal door would slam which we would hear through the floor of our room which became very irritating - and completely avoidable with a bit of modification. The soap dispenser by the sink didn't work properly. There is no heating in the bathroom at all and during our stay during cold weather the bathroom was very cold indeed. However much you alter the thermostat in the bedroom it always reverted to 16.5 degrees and had to be re-adjusted endlessly. Would we stay there again ? yes, if we really had to and couldn't find anything better nearby. We hope not to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room 28
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RHBristol_10,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. You feedback is very important to us.

I am very sorry for the issues you have experienced during your stay at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill. I can assure you the linen is changed frequently while servicing rooms and after every depart.
On your next visit please ask one of our friendly team members about an extra heater if needed.

We do hope you will come back and have a great stay at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill.

Best Regards,
Tomasz Safier

Been to Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill? Share your experiences!