“Excellent Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Los Balcones de Chinandega

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chinandega
Hotel Los Balcones de Chinandega
You added Hotel Los Balcones de Chinandega to your Saves list
Esquina de los Bancos | 75 vrs al norte, Chinandega 0000, Nicaragua   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Chinandega
“Excellent Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Our experience at Los Balcones was outstanding. We were there for a full week and had nothing to complain about. The service was great; the breakfast amazing; and the cleanliness superb. We would most definitely return to Los Balcones!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Let me start out by saying, there are not a lot of options in Chinandega when it comes to hotels, it is just not a regular tourist destination. That said, I had reserved a room well in advance for my wife and I, we were planning on spending time with her family whom live in Chinandega. Upon arrival I was told that my rear facing quiet honeymoon suite had in fact been rented so my option was one of the "prison cells" that line the front along a main street, we took it. Now, if you look at my reviews, you'll see that I have spent a great deal of time in Nicaragua and other 3rd world locations so I know what to expect however, for $60usd per night this was unacceptable. The room was dirty, hair in the beds, uncleaned bathroom and the old "widowmaker" hot water heater did not function which is pretty scary as it was still hardwired in. For those unfamilier, this is a showerhead/waterheater combo and famous for electrocutions, you don't see them much anymore even in Nicaragua. My towel was sour which is really gross and the parade of cars, motorcycles and propoganda speaker trucks was non-stop throughout the night. Needless to say, I had no sleep that evening however, to my delight, the free breakfast (tipico) was freshly cooked to order and quite good, I tipped the cook a half days wages ($1.50 usd). My 4 night stay turned into a single night and I headed back to Granada after our visit. If you are desperate for a bed, fine, but if not, look elsewhere unless of course you are stone deaf with poor personal hygeine and comfortable in a room where you can nearly touch both walls at once with outstretched arms =) Your mileage may vary...

Room Tip: don't get near the main street!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Crested Butte, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

For $40 you would think there would be water in the bathroom, right? Well, there isn't and they wont give me a discount. I got to use the downstairs shower, which was not a great experience.
By the way, $40 is a TON of money for a hotel in this part of the world!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed 4 nights and was impressed by the comfort of the room. It was well air conditioned, had a comfortable bed and a clean well-maintained shower. As the room was on the second level well away from the street, it was very quiet.The breakfast was basic but included the best coffee I have ever tasted.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

As someone who has traveled to other countries and has stayed at five star hotels, Los Balcones has absolutely nothing to envy. The service was outstanding, the hotel very cozy, comfortable and welcoming. I would definately return to stay here.

Ana Tigerino

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

Outstanding customer service. Very knowledgeable crew. They can guide you to make your experience an enjoyable one.
Rooms are very clean, AC very cold.
The hotel is located in the center of the city, at walking distance to all the attractions.
Los Balcones made our vacations one will will always remember. Can't wait to come back.
Keep up the GREAT job.

Thank you for everything Luciana.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
bradford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

We stayed here for two nights in a large corner room. The room itself was clean and comfy. The breakfast was basic, fruit, gallo pinto, orange and coffee but all was served with a smile. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Los Balcones de Chinandega? Share your experiences!