“Ideal for very short stays” 3 of 5 stars

La Roseraie
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   309 Avenue Nobecourt, 38250 Villard-de-Lans, France   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Villard-de-Lans
Ghent, Belgium
“Ideal for very short stays”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I've stayed 2 nights. I would not be there longer because:

- noise isolation is poor
- temperature control of the room: not possible
- clerk/owner/responsible: not very welcoming
- toilet not that clean
- had to wait under the showers a couple of minutes until the warm water comes thru the pipe
- towels: so-so

Good points:

- very good breakfast: tasty, local honey choices, fruit, etc.
- very good location
- parking at the hotel and nearby
- it has a lift (very tiny but OK)
- wireless: free
- TV channels: very international (plenty of choice)

Room Tip: ask a room at the corner of the building
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

We went on a last minute trip to Villars de Lans with my family and we booked this hotel because it was the only one available. When we arrived the grumpy owner was at the reception, he gave us straight away a paper with a list of all the forbidden things in the room and the amount to pay if you don’t respect the rules. For example if you eat in the room they will charge you between 120 and 250 euros for a bactericide disinfection, 25 to 40 euros if they find stains on the sheets or towels and if you dare leaving your ski equipments on the balcony it will be 80 euros.
They probably had some terrible experiences in the past and don’t want them to happen again which is fair enough.
We booked 3 superiors rooms and I really wondered what would have been the size of a basic room when I saw mine. The bed was taking all the space and there was hardly enough space to walk around. The bathroom didn’t have a normal door but a cheap folding plastic one. The bathroom on itself was tiny with an electric toilet and a shower not well built with a mouldy shower curtain. When I saw the towels I wondered why he was so worry about them, they might have been white in an other life but were now grey and rough; definitively not worth 25 to 40 euros replacement.
The bed and pillows were comfortable but the room was really hot at night and you could hear the conversations of the people in the other rooms and corridor. The breakfast was nice with a lot of choice.
The principal problem was the owner, he never smiled, was unhelpful and unwelcoming. For example, the day we checked out there was a snow storm outside and I had to catch a plane later that day, I was worry that I won’t have enough time to print my boarding pass and after explaining him the situation I asked him if I could use his printer to print my boarding pass and he told me no, I was really surprise and didn’t know what to do. I thought he was joking so I asked again and he told me no again because it wasn’t convenient for him.
I don’t understand why he choose this job because he clearly didn’t enjoy having people around.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to La Roseraie? Share your experiences!