“Very convenient location and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Grand Hotel de Paris

You added BEST WESTERN Grand Hotel de Paris to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Grand Hotel de Paris
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 Place Pierre Chabert, 38250 Villard-de-Lans, France   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up To -30% Off Room Rate
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Villard-de-Lans
“Very convenient location and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to Villard de lans for a family weekend (with a seven year old). The hotel provided us with great platform to explore the town. Quiet hotel. The staff was friendly and available to help. The room were good and we all had a great night sleep. i recommend it if you need right in the middle of the town

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed in this hotel as part of a conference, so I did not have any choice in where to stay. The hotel, in principle, is comfortable. I found the room, though, when I arrived, a little stuffy. I tried to open the window, but the wind kept closing it. There was no way keeping the window open, without the wind knocking the window fully open and blowing everything. Another thing which I found irritating is the wireless connection, which was erratic at best. Since I rely on internet connection for everything I do, this most a major letdown. Another surprise was that during the 5 days I stayed there, they did not bother replacing the used soap and shampoo. Luckily, I brought some with me.
As part of the package, I ate all meals at the hotels. All meals were decent, I especially liked the possibility to squeeze fresh orange juice in the morning, as I am used to do at home. There was no choice at lunch and dinner, but, as I said, the food was decent, thought the vegetarians among us complained about the choice.
The ski resort is a distance away, you need a shuttle or a car.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

My husband, 13yr old daughter and I stayed during the February half term earlier this year for a skiing trip and had a great time. The staff were friendly and helpful, especially as my French is somewhat limited, and the drinks service to the room was an added bonus.

The room was quite old fashioned but charming and very comfortable, extremely warm and clean and we were amazed to find a completely separate shower room and toilet opposite our main bathroom which was a real bonus as there were three of us.

We didn't eat at the hotel as we have visited the resort before and there are so many good restaurants to choose from locally. The only slight disappointment was the bar which sort of wasn't a bar! It was a room where you could order drinks and sit and relax, however the drinks are ordered from a menu and brought in from another room which does leave it lacking a little in atmosphere, as did the fact that it was quite under used.

I did use the free wi-fi which was very useful, as was the large flat screen tv with BBC news 24.

The location is great, right opposite the public swimming pool and ice rink, and it would appear from the building work going on during our stay that perhaps there may be a small pool or sauna/jacuzi type addition to this hotel for next year.

This hotel is full of old fashined charm and we can't wait to book again for 2013.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Cheshunt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We were on a business trip sourcing hotels for our travel company. We had already stayed in two Best Western three star hotels and been very pleased. We found this hotel very disappointing whilst the location was perfect we believe it only has a three star rating as it is the biggest hotel in town. Inside the hotel is very tired the bar was poorly stocked and the food was average and it is clear that everything in the hotel is done on the basis of cost and not up to a standard and at nearly 170 euros including dinner for two people for the night it was not that cheap,had this hotel been marketed as a two star and priced accordingly we would not have been so disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2007

I stayed there for a weddding. The location is nice and the hotel has some character. However, the receptionist was completely rude. He hanged up on me when I called the day before our arrival to get some information about the check-in time. He was apparently frustrated by the question, told me that he had no idea when the room would be ready and finally hanged up on me. Not sure I would go again!!!

• Disliked — the staff
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2007

A family group of 8 of us stayed here for part of Feb mid term break. We found the hotel fairly quiet (no-one using the bar or sitting room apart from ourselves), but very french, very charming. Lovely big rooms, the south facing ones gloriously sunny, looking out on a huge green area and the mountains, tennis courts, nice big bathrroms with grohe showers, separate toilet. It is very old, but clean. It is good quality for 3 star - I dont know what some other less enthusiastice reviewers were expecting. The staff were very friendly. Good continental breakfast with cereal, lovely frexh bread, croissants, yoghurt. Steps from the swimming pool (waves every hour) and the adjacent ice rink (find the short cut to them!), steps to all the restaurants in the small village.

A somewhat disappointing aspect was the dining room - a bit dim with overhead lighting - badly in need of candles on the tables! It did not entice you to eat there, but we did one night as we were inviting a good few kids - so they could run around an play while the adults took our time. The food was very good. There are also plenty of nice restaurants in the village.

Plenty parking outside. They let us check out late so we could shower after a full day ski before travelling on.

The lift was working.

Stayed February 2007
Chelmsford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for four nights. I was suspicious when I was trying to book the hotel that there were no internal photographs, so when we turned up and it was shabby, I wasn`t overly surprised. The building is old and has a huge amount of character, including a timber ornate period lift, but it has generally not been maintained and requires refurbishment. Our room was quite small, but has a stunning view of the mountains. It had a large widow which opened fully to get the mountain air which was wonderful. The room itself was quite drab with really nasty cheap brown carpet, and white sliding wardrobes, and shades of peach!, but it was comfortable, and the wooden furniture was very nice and typically french. The hotel was very well located right in the centre of the village/ town close to the bars/ restaurants. Breakfast at the hotel is not worth taking. It consisted of yoghurt, bread and jam, and was not worth it. We bought pain au chocolat from the boulagerie and made coffee in our room and it was just as nice for 2 euros!. Overall we actually had a nice stay, and we would stay again. Don`t expect too much and you won`t be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to BEST WESTERN Grand Hotel de Paris? Share your experiences!